Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New FTP Pros - (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539391)

kerze 11-06-2007 12:42 AM

New FTP Pros -

Looks like FTP snapped up both Jon Little and Scott Clements at Fallsview

elephantsRcute 11-06-2007 12:42 AM

Re: New FTP Pros -

who?

Black winter day 11-06-2007 12:49 AM

The question is - who is not FTP/Stars pro these days?
Every donkament one hit wonder is signed by them.Don't even have to win it, just to be a loud mouth chip leader at some point....

kerze 11-06-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every donkament one hit wonder is signed by them.Don't even have to win it, just to be a loud mouth chip leader at some point....

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair though, Jon & Scott are the anti-Rain Khan. They both did several interviews with Cardplayer during the tourney and they came off as super humble nice guys. Not having seen them play on TV, I can't say what their table image is like though. I know what you're saying though. When the new WPT season airs on tv, FT will have Jon on 2 final tables and Scott on 1.

whiffer1983 11-06-2007 01:03 AM

still what kind of nonsense is this, i'll take a sponsorship, it doesnt make ftp better if every one playing at all the tables have red names lol, most of these players gen population has no idea about nor cares and its just weird

Eagles 11-06-2007 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Never met Scott Clements but J little is awesome.
Really nice guy , sick good player. He's a pretty well respect online player and this year is crushing live tournies.

kerze 11-06-2007 01:09 AM

I agree it is kind of funny. It was kind of sad because Scott was sitting at a $5/$10 O8 table by himself and not getting any action. (Compared to say earlier when Phil Gordon decided to play $1/$2 razz and had 15 on the waiting list)

Funniest thing I've seen is Lee Watkinson playing a 50FTP SNG super sattelite to one of the FTOPs.

RikaKazak 11-06-2007 01:16 AM

I wish I was a tilt pro....if they'd give me say 50% rb...DEAL!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

GambleAB 11-06-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I take offense to that, as I'm not a loud mouth and I haven't won a god damn thing.

bones 11-06-2007 02:22 AM

Jon Little is exactly the kind of person and player you'd want representing your site.

Hollywade 11-06-2007 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like Jon Little is playing .25-.50 NL.

Wheatsauce 11-06-2007 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Little Jon is exactly the kind of person and player you'd want representing your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

OmahaDoc80 11-06-2007 03:38 AM

Who would not want 100% Rakeback and $35/hr? Jon Little is a legend, does not seem to be a nicer more humble guy out there.

Micro Donk 11-06-2007 03:39 AM

jon little: 2nd in cardplayer POY race, 2 700k+ scores in around 5 1/2 months - http://www.cardplayer.com/players/re...n-Little/34909

scott clements: 3rd in POY, won WSOP bracelet, with 1 other FT, recently won WPT event for 1.5 mil
edit: his link doesnt work for 2p2, but shouldnt be hard to access)

--

bored, but just for ppl who dont know em

nashman1313 11-06-2007 03:46 AM

Both these guys are alot better than some of these other FTP "pros"

PokerHatesMe 11-06-2007 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Little Jon is exactly the kind of person and player you'd want representing your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ?

apefish 11-06-2007 03:56 AM

Congrats Fiery.

thac 11-06-2007 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jon Little is exactly the kind of person and player you'd want representing your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I briefly talked to him when he sat at my table and he was friendly, and from what I've seen from other posts here and in interviews he's humble and a real class act.

Congrats again Jon.

jocke4 11-06-2007 04:54 AM

do they have 100%RB and 35 buck an hour.
wow, thats pretty awesome.

dersl 11-06-2007 05:06 AM

what a waste of our rake

eljizzle 11-06-2007 05:19 AM

Clements is all business... I remember when he won his bracelet last year ('06) and was doing photos with the money/chips/bracelet, we (the photographers) literally could not even get a smile out of him. It was like he was already thinking about the next tournament.

Flip-Flop 11-06-2007 05:40 AM

At least FTP is hiring real pros.
Stars on the other hand is getting ridiculous with signing just about anyone that was playing the WSOP ME and was shown on TV.
Any random dude you saw on TV in Rio this summer is on the PS team now.
I think they even might start hiring the railtards next year.

Burdzthewurd 11-06-2007 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At least FTP is hiring real pros.
Stars on the other hand is getting ridiculous with signing just about anyone that was playing the WSOP ME and was shown on TV.
Any random dude you saw on TV in Rio this summer is on the PS team now.
I think they even might start hiring the railtards next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd pay to see a LuckyJimm Pokerstars commercial about railtarding one's way to greatness.

ReubWills 11-06-2007 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like Jon Little is playing .25-.50 NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

And short stacking.

timex 11-06-2007 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although he is definitely the man, I disagree.

Who would join a site because some quiet, good player plays there?

It could be a good investment just because he is more likely than average to win something huge, but in general, I don't think hes going to bring any new players to FTP or generate them a ton more rake from games forming around him.

FieryJustice 11-06-2007 11:12 AM

I hae been sitting at super random games, like .25/.5 nl, 1/2 limit and 3/6 horse just to see if a game will form and every game has filled in like 2 minutes. Scott is very similar to myself, in that he has no desire to get up and act like a total idiot on tv. I guess we would rather our results speak for ourselves. I hope many of the other poker players similar to myself get these deals, as I feel like we desreve them quite a bit more than the randoms that get on tv and yell a lot. Id like to thank everyone for the support. It means a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jazzy3113 11-06-2007 11:21 AM

Why dont you [censored] [censored] marry j. little then, jesus. What a bunch of gay responses.

ps. gl mr. little

augie_ 11-06-2007 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Jon Little, the 1 hit wonder...

AJackson 11-06-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Black winter day 11-06-2007 12:26 PM

To clarify - i never said Little and Clemens are loud mouth one hit wonders (i never met them, saw Little only once at PCA FT), was merely talking about the general direction this "pro signing" is taking.

Like Stars signing Minieri, Khan, Rahme etc...And FTP is basically snatching anyone who isn't still signed by others and got some tv time...

BigBiceps 11-06-2007 12:29 PM

Yes, it was so fun to play NL100 with him when he bought in for $20, folded every hand for 2 orbits and then left.

inyourface 11-06-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it was so fun to play NL100 with him when he bought in for $20, folded every hand for 2 orbits and then left.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] Learn
[ ] Chat
[ ] & Play with the pro's

Clayton 11-06-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It could be a good investment just because he is more likely than average to win something huge, but in general, I don't think hes going to bring any new players to FTP or generate them a ton more rake from games forming around him.

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy makes lots of tv appearances from going deep so often, why not sign him on the basis he will be a living, playing billboard?

Sti1gar 11-06-2007 07:31 PM

I have enjoyed the recent signings by FT, from what i have seen and heard there new pros tend to be good upstanding citizens. Despite the fact that I already had good knowledge of these players and new where/how to find them if they were playing on FT, It makes it easier for the general public whom arent addicts, to find these pros, and learn from watching. The futures for John Little and Scott Clements will only go up over the next few years.