Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hi uNL, I made a video for you guys (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539377)

goofyballer 11-06-2007 12:26 AM

Hi uNL, I made a video for you guys

I decided it would be fun to give something back to the 2+2 community so I recorded a video w/ commentary of me playing 4 tables of $0.25/$0.50 on FTP. There weren't a ton of super interesting spots that came up except maybe for one river spot near the end but hopefully just watching someone who's successful at higher stakes approach the situations you guys find yourselves in a lot will be helpful. It's 75 minutes long so grab a sandwich or something.

I kinda feel like I had a tendency to start talking about certain subjects and then get sidetracked by something happening at the tables, so I may have left some thoughts incomplete (or had a difficult time explaining the concept I was thinking about on the spot, when I could prob better explain in a post); feel free to ask any questions about hands/concepts/whatever and I'll answer as best as I can. Be sure to mention what time whatever you're asking about happens in the vid because I'm prob not gonna remember what "the QJ hand" is. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=68CSLPZ2

If you cant see the picture, click on the following link:
http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

PJo336 11-06-2007 12:34 AM

Re: Hi uNL, I made a video for you guys

<3 ya goof, dling

kerk 11-06-2007 12:37 AM

thanks a lot goofy, will dl it tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mojed 11-06-2007 12:45 AM

Thanks for doing this goofy, will watch just as soon as those pesky exams stop getting in the way of poker.

btw, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] your implied odds for suited connectors post.

thac 11-06-2007 01:05 AM

At 2:50, what sweatshirt did you put on?

EMc 11-06-2007 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At 2:50, what sweatshirt did you put on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Insert lame goofy baller PUA joke here

FYI the best part of this will probably be that he plays a pretty basic style, isnt too complex or laggy. Thanks goof.

LT22 11-06-2007 01:45 AM

GOOOOOOOFYYYYYYYYYBALLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNNNNNNNNNN

<3 NITS 4 LIFE (FYI this is jonyy6788)

Jailblazers 11-06-2007 01:59 AM

Quick question about winamp, which codec do you need to download to watch this on? My problem is that there is no video but only sound.

Micro Donk 11-06-2007 02:09 AM

watched the first 45 min...good stuff...couldnt continue though since im quite tired, have tests to study for tomorrow, and didnt feel like i could concentrate

useless post but its more of a placemarker then anything

Madjohnny 11-06-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick question about winamp, which codec do you need to download to watch this on? My problem is that there is no video but only sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some other guy posted of video of him playing 100nl and that video contained sound but no picture.
What player/codec is needed to watch this?

Lego05 11-06-2007 02:12 AM

Downloading now. Thanks, Goofy.

Any chance of us getting one at 100NL? I can't seem to get my winrate there much higher than 2...though it is a bit of a small sample.

Madjohnny 11-06-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Downloading now. Thanks, Goofy.

Any chance of us getting one at 100NL? I can't seem to get my winrate there much higher than 2...though it is a bit of a small sample.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a different person playing 100nl. I'm just saying when I download a different video there was no picture, and someone in this thread mentioned no picture either.

Jailblazers 11-06-2007 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This question isn't video specific, but I've had this problem for a while with all videos. I can't even watch anything anymore that isn't online with any player.

goofyballer 11-06-2007 02:19 AM

Sorry, forgot to include this, if you can't see video: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

Download the TSCC (Techsmith Screen Capture Codec).

Sweatshirt was gray hoodie with a poker forum logo (not 2+2) on it. V comfy but I can't really wear it out in public.

Jailblazers 11-06-2007 02:31 AM

OMG ty you so much. I had this problem for over a year lol.

terp 11-06-2007 03:10 AM

turn avatars on please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nemesis69 11-06-2007 03:40 AM

Thanks goofyballer. You're a good poster and rly looking forward to watch the video. Will download when I'm at home!

ShipitFMA 11-06-2007 04:55 AM

Im disapointed, i'd thought this would be a video teaching me how to be a PUA

ama0330 11-06-2007 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There weren't a ton of super interesting spots that came up

[/ QUOTE ]

Tee hee

Nemesis69 11-06-2007 06:32 AM

Okay downloading!

Phildo 11-06-2007 07:38 AM

Good video, thanks for posting it.

I found the stuff on 3 and 4 betting light particularly helpful. I almost never 3 bet light and would like to start adding it to my game, and I feel lost when I think a player is 3 betting me light.

Also your insight on calling raises with PPs and SCs was interesting. I think at this level there are so many calling stations and donkeys willing to stack off with weak holdings that I will continue to do it most of the time, but it gave me food for thought for when I move up.

I really like your PAHUD layout. Is there some sort of template for that or did you do it by hand? I [censored] hate setting stuff up in PAHUD.

Nemesis69 11-06-2007 07:43 AM

I only have sound [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Someone with the same problem?

gregorio 11-06-2007 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yellowbluebus 11-06-2007 10:37 AM

I got my morning apple fritter ready for this occasion. So far a great start of Tuesday at work. Thanks, goofy!

Nemesis69 11-06-2007 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that..

Tiki 11-06-2007 12:05 PM

Excellent video.

I enjoyed the well articulated commentary.

obloni 11-06-2007 12:42 PM

At 13:14 you had QK ip on a AK6 board. I'm just curious to know why you did not c-bet that when it was checked to you?

Btw nice commentary.

Thanks goofy!

yegon 11-06-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that..

[/ QUOTE ]

for whatever reason I have the same problem with Windows media player 11 but I can see the picture if I use Media player classic to view the video

so try another player, it might help

thac 11-06-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that..

[/ QUOTE ]

for whatever reason I have the same problem with Windows media player 11 but I can see the picture if I use Media player classic to view the video

[/ QUOTE ]

Google VLC Player

yellowbluebus 11-06-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I vaguely remember having an issue with WMP11 but don't remember if it was a video/audio problem and I how I resolved it. However, you can try going to options->performance tab->uncheck "Use high qualilty mode" and see if it makes a difference.

wingchunflush 11-06-2007 01:04 PM

I will watch this.. IMO more people need to post vidoes here so I can watch them since firewall of death at work keeps me from cardrunners

yellowbluebus 11-06-2007 01:07 PM

Goofy,

I believe you had made other videos in the past but all the links @ megaupload have expired. Do you still have those somewhere on your hard drive? I just finished watching this video and it was very solid.

takingcontrol 11-06-2007 01:34 PM

nice one, downloading

goofyballer 11-06-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At 13:14 you had QK ip on a AK6 board. I'm just curious to know why you did not c-bet that when it was checked to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the few spots where I'll check behind on the flop a good % of the time - also, I assume villain was prob a little tight for me to do this (at work now so don't have the vid in front of me). I'm never folding out an ace by betting and the texture of the board makes it fairly unlikely that I'll get a lot of value from worse hands (assuming tight villain - cause against a donk they'll still call with all kinds of worse K's, PPs, bottom pair, gutters, whatever), so checking behind here underrepresents my hand a little bit and may allow me to get more value on future streets in spots where villain would have just folded to a cbet.

Checking behind flops is something I only really do frequently in two spots, though:
- Against bad donks that refuse to fold to me, like, ever
- Against regulars with marginal-ish hands in spots where I a.) don't want to get check-raised, b.) want to play pot-control and bluff-catch with something weird like ace high, or c.) want them to bluff into my stronger hand (or just confuse them) when for some reason I feel like cbetting the flop won't net the most value.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you had made other videos in the past but all the links @ megaupload have expired. Do you still have those somewhere on your hard drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I do, but tbh I'm not sure how much you guys would get out of watching them. I made all those vids like a year ago, usually while frustrated because of a bad run, and I absolutely had a decent amount of leaks at that point. I'm like 200% better at poker right now than I was a year ago. I appreciate all the good comments you guys have given and I'll prob do this again the next time I get sick of grinding 400nl for a day. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't really know what to do for the people still having issues after downloading the codec, but I'll second the suggestion to download VLC player, as it's probably the most reliable media player you can get.

EDIT: If you really want to mess around you can maybe try ffdshow (first try stable version, then most recent version) as I think it's supposed to decode TSCC files, but if you aren't comfortable with computer stuff in general then I'd only mess around w/ this as a last resort.

Movelong 11-06-2007 04:07 PM

good good

obloni 11-06-2007 05:08 PM

Thanks goofy for clearing that up.

I take that if the board had 2 suits of the same kind (instead of rainbow, forgot to mention that earlier sorry) you would ofc cbet it.

Snafu'd 11-06-2007 07:44 PM

Nice vid, good commentary. It's interesting seeing my play from someone else's point of view. I was snafu2 on table Ontario. I'm curious what you think my range was on the first hand where you squeezed A3s and I 4-bet preflop, and then the second hand where you 3-bet ATo, I called otb and then raised your flop c-bet.

Edit: Also, I just hit pot on the preflop 4-bet but I noticed on another table you decided to 4-bet a lot smaller. In general, what do you think is best? Looking back on my hand, I think potting was way too much.

steel108 11-07-2007 12:54 AM

I know your not malumprohitum.... Are you?

Phildo 11-07-2007 12:57 AM

He said in the beginning that he was playing on a friend's account.

goofyballer 11-07-2007 02:05 AM

The first time someone 4bets me I'm not gonna go nuts; and against an unknown it's obviously pretty tough to just put you on a range. I'm not gonna assume that you're 4betting me that light given that I'm an unknown to you as well, and I was playing pretty tight on that table iirc also. Once I get a better feel for someone's play I'll adjust ranges accordingly.

I don't remember the board in the ATo hand but I assume I had air and was bluffing, so once I get raised putting you on a range doesn't really matter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Kinda sucks that I didn't get any of the good cards required to balance my range in that spot, cause without demonstrating that you get more action on good hands in that spot as well it just made me look like an overagro fish. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think 4betting pot is a fairly big mistake; there's simply no reason to do it with 100bb stacks. One reason bluffing works is that generally, you're forcing your opponent to commit their stack if they continue because of reverse implied odds, while only committing a small portion of your stack if you have air and are just gonna fold to further action. When 4betting light to a pot-sized RR, that isn't the case; you really are committing your whole stack (and even if you're barely -EV to call a shove and can fold to a shove with some crap like 74s, it's still so close to being neutral EV whether you call or fold that it barely saves you any money to fold vs call off your stack). 4-betting to a size that doesn't commit you to call a shove when you're bluffing brings back that advantage.