Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Which RB would you pick out of the following: (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538476)

EricW 11-04-2007 08:33 PM

Which RB would you pick out of the following:

Which RB would you pick if you had a solid offense like the Colts (or whatever top notched team)?

Needle77 11-04-2007 08:35 PM

Re: Which RB would you pick out of the following:

Where is the Maurice Jones-Drew option? I want a guy that runs over people not around them. Screw finesse RB's.

Russ M. 11-04-2007 08:35 PM

who picked Alexander? misclick?

Fonkey123 11-04-2007 08:35 PM

ADP obv

Fonkey123 11-04-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who picked Alexander? misclick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly going for ADP

Golden_Rhino 11-04-2007 08:36 PM

Can I take Christian Okoye out of retirement?

PokerFink 11-04-2007 09:00 PM

Shaun Alexander? lolz

Peterson is already about a top-5 back in the NFL. Considering age, it's pretty much a no-brainer.

The Bus Driver 11-04-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the Maurice Jones-Drew option? I want a guy that runs over people not around them. Screw finesse RB's.

[/ QUOTE ]
I take it you've not seen AP play a game? He does both.

Needle77 11-04-2007 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I take it you've not seen AP play a game? He does both.

[/ QUOTE ]

MoJo is the best back in the nfl and anyone that disagrees is lying to themselves.

wiper 11-04-2007 09:07 PM

why is alexander in the poll?? and why did people pick him over the rest??

gimme peterson.

Eagles 11-04-2007 09:10 PM

Brian Westbrook and Ronnie Brown should both be in the poll.

THAY3R 11-04-2007 09:10 PM

Reggie Reggie Bushhh

mogwai316 11-04-2007 09:17 PM

For the rest of the season, Brian Westbrook.
For the rest of his career, Adrian Peterson.

Pudge714 11-04-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brian Westbrook, Ronnie Brown and Marion Barber should both be in the poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

iggymcfly 11-04-2007 09:28 PM

I voted LT based on the assumption you have a team that's good right now and is looking at a shortish window to win championships. Obviously, if you're looking at the next 10 years, Peterson looks to be the best back in the league.

Jack of Arcades 11-04-2007 09:53 PM

Between ADP, MJD, Addai, Barber and Reggie Bush this is one sick young crop of RB.

Ronnie Brown not included due to injury.

Needle77 11-04-2007 09:55 PM

JoA,

My list goes, Addai, ADP, Brown, MJD, Bush, Barber.

My question is, and I'm not sure, where would you put a healthy Carnell Williams?

Jack of Arcades 11-04-2007 10:00 PM

Cadillac is trash.

OK, not really, but he's last. He's the only guy on the list who's a one dimensional back which is huge.

My list goes... Addai, ADP, Brown, MJD, Barber, Bush. I think it would be interesting to see how these players would look if they switched teams.

Jack of Arcades 11-04-2007 10:06 PM

Also it'll be sick next year with Mike Hart and Darren McFadden. Also, if Frank Gore ever gets healthy again. lol.

Needle77 11-04-2007 10:08 PM

Bush and MJD's value comes from being able to get involved in special teams. Peterson is seeing time there now but I don't think that will last long. He is a back that is going to need to get 20-25 carries a game at least and you don't want him on ST if he is doing that.

Neither Bush or MJD are going to be that type of back, so they will get their touches in reciving and ST. Which is just as huge if you ask me. I think those three would fit on any team in the league behind any OL.

Addai is a legit franchise RB and the Colts scouts did a hell of a job on him. I feel like he fits extremeely well in Indy and might struggle elsewhere due to being the perfect fit for those stretch plays.

Brown and Barber are backs that are extremely powerful and tend to be dependent on strong OL's. Both can catch and take off but I feel them on teams like the Steelers or Ravens would be just nasty.

The reason I noted Williams is that in his rookie year everyone said Carnell was a better pick than Ronnie. I was wondering, especially due to the fact that you saw him much more than I did, if he had a rough 2 years since.

I would like to add Steven Jackson to the list behind Barber.

mmbt0ne 11-04-2007 10:11 PM

McFadden

Pudge714 11-04-2007 10:13 PM

JoA,
Where would you rank Brown if he wasn't injured?

Jack of Arcades 11-04-2007 10:16 PM

I wanna see every one of these RBs on the Colts for a game just to see how well they do.

Jack of Arcades 11-04-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JoA,
Where would you rank Brown if he wasn't injured?

[/ QUOTE ]

Addai, ADP, Brown, MJD, Barber, Bush

Pudge714 11-04-2007 11:14 PM

"Adrian Peterson is no longer Purple Jesus, he's just plain old Jesus.

Jesus (the "son of God" Jesus) is now to be called "Carpenter Jesus.""

SuperUberBob 11-04-2007 11:17 PM

No love for Steven Jackson?

Guy's had an off-year due to injuries, a butchered o-line and an otherwise [censored] team. But he's a top 5 back skill-wise imo.

Veecee 11-05-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No love for Larry Johnson?

[/ QUOTE ]

LuckyLloyd 11-05-2007 06:37 AM

This conversation is weigthing short term variance and recent results far too much for my liking.

BillNye 11-05-2007 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JoA,

My list goes, Addai, ADP, Brown, MJD, Bush, Barber.

My question is, and I'm not sure, where would you put a healthy Carnell Williams?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your list is more or less fine but Addai is in the best offensive sheme in football. If he cant put up pro bowl #'s they need to look at a replacement. Teams have to commit to the pass instead of commiting to the run like teams do against Minnesota, San Diego, and Jacksonville.

Nothing against Addai, I think he is just vastly overrated, he's a more than solid back but best in the league? Peterson, LT, Wesbrook all come to mind.

Jack of Arcades 11-05-2007 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No love for Larry Johnson?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry Johnson has already been ridden into the ground.

MCS 11-05-2007 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted LT based on the assumption you have a team that's good right now and is looking at a shortish window to win championships. Obviously, if you're looking at the next 10 years, Peterson looks to be the best back in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

HajiShirazu 11-05-2007 07:34 PM

Peterson is like how we thought Reggie Bush was going to be. Probably will be top 5 all time barring injury, but there's like a 80% chance he gets injured because these guys always do and when you run for 250 yards a game that leaves way too many opportunities to catch a leg in the turf or something.
Bush = borderline bust imo.

johnnylovescandy 11-05-2007 07:42 PM

I would probably choose Prima Donna Tiki Barber over Shaun Alexander, even if Tiki reverted to 5 fumbles/game. That said, I'd love for Tiki, Ronde, and Shaun all on the same team as the long lost triplets would make for a tear-jerking NFL storyline.

Vyse 11-05-2007 07:42 PM

lol reggie bush is soooo bad

Needle77 11-05-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No love for Steven Jackson?

Guy's had an off-year due to injuries, a butchered o-line and an otherwise [censored] team. But he's a top 5 back skill-wise imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have him right behind Marion Barber, I mentioned that in an earlier post. I really don't like his running style that much, so it's more personal opinion. I'd seriously consider him above Tomlinson but not necessarily act upon that consideration, I just rather go with a RB that doesn't already have 140+ td's under his belt.

Larry Johnson carried the ball a ridiculous amount in his career between college and NFL.

Haji,

I remember there was a lot of criticism of Bush coming out of college(I was one) that felt he was a one dimensional back and could never handle 12+ touches a game. He can handle it, not only that he is a player that deserves to be touching the ball 25-35 times a game. His versatility, like Maurice Jones-Drew, is his greatest asset. Coaches love having players that can do multiple things on their roster, it opens up an extra roster spot for more depth. Bush being able to return punts and MJD being able to return kicks should be looked the same way as an OL being able to long snap.

Pudge714 11-05-2007 08:06 PM

Tying into what Needle said if Reggie Bush is put in the right offense he could be a better Brian Westbrook, which would be insanely valuable.

BillNye 11-05-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tying into what Needle said if Reggie Bush is put in the right offense he could be a better Brian Westbrook, which would be insanely valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, cuz Drew Brees + Marques Coltston + Deuce McAllister is not the type of offense that a guy like Reggie Bush wants to be in...

Compared to Peterson's Tarvaris Jackson + Bobby Wade + Chester Taylor.

yeotaJMU 11-05-2007 09:07 PM

marion barber would be aight

Pudge714 11-05-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, cuz Drew Brees + Marques Coltston + Deuce McAllister is not the type of offense that a guy like Reggie Bush wants to be in...

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6817/353fu3.jpg

BillNye 11-05-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6817/353fu3.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think Bush could do well in MN's offense?