Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   registered sex offender (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537474)

Anadrol 50 11-03-2007 09:20 AM

registered sex offender

I was looking on the internet database and found there is a registered sex offender living three blocks away from me. He molested a lot of kids. I dont have any kids, but it feels weird having this dude here. Anybody in a similar situation?

istewart 11-03-2007 09:33 AM

Re: registered sex offender

I think everybody is in a similar situation.

pookvis 11-03-2007 10:35 AM

did he give out candy on halloween?

prohornblower 11-03-2007 11:13 AM

There is a website that shows where they're all at. They are all over the place, man. YOu can't get away. The uplifting news is that many of them are registered because they fooled around with a 16 year old girl when they were 18 or whatever.

Not all of them are Chester-the-child-molesters.

Henry17 11-03-2007 11:26 AM

If you live anywhere close to the downtown of a major city you'll have at least one registered sex offender within 5kms of you. The worst I've seen was 49 within a 5 km radius.

DING-DONG YO 11-03-2007 11:29 AM

There's 5 of them in an apt complex 1 mile from my house. It doesn't bother me too much b/c I do/will keep a very close eye on my kids.

And as another poster said, the vast majority of these guys got caught with a 15-16 y/o when they were in their early 20s or something. Much fewer of them are the true molestors going after little kids.

tabako 11-03-2007 11:31 AM

Just looked on the website, and 5 of them live in an apartment building 2 blocks from where I live.

suzzer99 11-03-2007 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a website that shows where they're all at. They are all over the place, man. YOu can't get away. The uplifting news is that many of them are registered because they fooled around with a 16 year old girl when they were 18 or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

The great thing about CA is there's about 5 on every block, and you really can't tell wtf they did. Almost every one says "lewd and lascivious acts with a minor" or something like that. Like it might be kind of nice to know if it was a niece or girlfriend's kid, or one of those 18-16 things, or if they grabbed some kid off the street and molested them in their van. Thanks CA for making the whole thing pretty much useless, while still scaring the crap out of us.

qwnu 11-03-2007 11:53 AM

I thought this was going to be an "Ask Me About Being A..." thread. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

sapol 11-03-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was going to be an "Ask Me About Being A..." thread. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.....my first question would've been "did u get busted by chris hansen?"

FlyWf 11-03-2007 12:01 PM

Almost none of them grabbed some kid and put them into a van. Almost all child molestation is done by someone the child knows.

KOTLP 11-03-2007 12:05 PM

yow just plugged in my hometown and found someone I knew in middle school.

Case Closed 11-03-2007 12:13 PM

I did this once and found the guy who would always choose me to wrestle with during wrestling practice. Very creepy guy...

cbloom 11-03-2007 12:23 PM

You know when the sex offender has to go around the neighborhood and introduce himself door to door? I always thought that would be a great way to meet crazy women.

prohornblower 11-03-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost none of them grabbed some kid and put them into a van. Almost all child molestation is done by someone the child knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, do tell us more. We aren't all in-the-know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

chopsticks 11-03-2007 12:46 PM

These databases of sex offenders in america are quite weird imo. Although it would be right for most if not all of them that someone visited their apartments with a baseball bat, I feel like they should get steelbars on their windows and doors that cant be pierced with anything since everyone can easily find out where their local sex offender lives.

kylewa10 11-03-2007 01:08 PM

wait so everyone has 400+ offenders on their maps or its just me?

TripSearching 11-03-2007 01:08 PM

I posted on here like four or five months ago about how a registered sex offender with the AKA diamond moved two blocks away from me. He had just gotten out of jail and moved into an apartment. The guy had raped some women 15 years ago at knifepoint so I bought my girlfriend some Mase. A policeman actually knocked on my door to give me a packet of info on him and I had to sign something saying I received it.

marchron 11-03-2007 01:21 PM

Wow. familywatchdog.us says there are ten people who've committed an "offense against children" within about two miles of me.

I live within six blocks of three schools.

suzzer99 11-03-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then wouldn't it be [censored] nice to know where the 1 or 2 van-grabbers in your city reside, and not have them just blend in with all the niece-touchers?

ItalianFX 11-03-2007 01:29 PM

I talk to one every now and then when I work. He spent like 5 years in prison, along with some cocaine charges. Anyways, he's Cuban and doesn't speak very good english so it's hard to understand him. He seems like a good guy. He has lived in my town for a couple years now and all of a sudden some people started to realize who he is and what he has done, and now everyone is having a stink about it.

I think there are about 3 or 4 in my town. We never have any problem with them.

EscapePlan9 11-03-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then wouldn't it be [censored] nice to know where the 1 or 2 van-grabbers in your city reside, and not have them just blend in with all the niece-touchers?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get it. The "van-grabbers" are so rare there's a very high likelihood none of them live in your city.

stormstarter28 11-03-2007 01:46 PM

Question: Is it a requirement for all sex offenders to have moustaches? Because it certainly seems to be in my neighborhood.

cbloom 11-03-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get it. The "van-grabbers" are so rare there's a very high likelihood none of them live in your city.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the reality is all this awareness of sex offenders just creates fear and is really pointless and probably doesn't do much at all to prevent the crime.

It's way more important to not leave your kids alone with their uncle. But of course everyone thinks "oh, not in my family, my family is fine" which is why it continues to happen over and over.

I get way more creeped out when I see families where the 10 year old daughter is always sitting in the dad's lap and they kiss on the lips and [censored] like that.

Duke 11-03-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's way more important to not leave your kids alone with their uncle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not nearly as important as it is to arrest black people. Statistics support both.

Fonkey123 11-03-2007 02:10 PM

What does indecent assault usually refer to? Like grabbing a chicks [censored] or something?

adsman 11-03-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does indecent assault usually refer to? Like grabbing a chicks [censored] or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or putting a camera up their skirt.

suzzer99 11-03-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet I feel relieved. I'll let the neighbors know that statistics say the streets are safe. I live in LA btw.

Seriously though. You don't get my point. The system now sucks. However, if it only showed van-grabbers and other violent offenders against strangers, or highlighted them somehow, then it could be worthwhile.

tarheeljks 11-03-2007 02:37 PM

where do you live? aren't there laws about residents having to be notified when a sex offender moves in, or does it only apply to people w/children?

bottomset 11-03-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the reality is all this awareness of sex offenders just creates fear and is really pointless and probably doesn't do much at all to prevent the crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

it probably creates a fair amount of crime

Klompy 11-03-2007 02:59 PM

I have a friend that moved into an apartment that someone on the list used to live in. He had the same first name as the sex offender. He was spit on and treated very badly by several people in his apartment even though he's a normal guy.

I hate people that molest children just like the next guy, but I feel really bad for some of these guys on the list for being 19 and having a 16yo gf or something.

TheNoodleMan 11-03-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy had raped some women 15 years ago at knifepoint so I bought my girlfriend some Mase.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.urbanconnectionz.com/MasePress01.jpg
Chicks do love listening to Mase while they get it on.

demon102 11-03-2007 04:15 PM

I had 2 registered sex offenders live in my neighborhood when I was about 16. One lived right down the block from me, another one I didnt know about until he got busted cuz he duped a bunch of people including a few of my friends into some sexual situations and was arrested because of it. Was a pretty messed up situation.

demon102 11-03-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man Im soooooooo glad I never got caught lol

MC Chris 11-03-2007 05:00 PM

this guy lives near me:

http://sorb.chs.state.ma.us/Images/offender/6829.jpg

the question is, why is this guy even allowed out in public?

React1oN 11-03-2007 05:13 PM

His eyes are really scary.

milesdyson 11-03-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet I feel relieved. I'll let the neighbors know that statistics say the streets are safe. I live in LA btw.

Seriously though. You don't get my point. The system now sucks. However, if it only showed van-grabbers and other violent offenders against strangers, or highlighted them somehow, then it could be worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]
bottomset mentioned it. a lot of these guys would get beat up/killed if this information were available. have you been close to a girl (friend/girlfriend/sister) who was raped by an unknown guy? kinda makes you want to go on a killing spree.

James282 11-03-2007 05:43 PM

Wow, there are only 2 within 10 miles of me in any direction - and they are both sexual battery against adult women and live in a neighboring town. Going to sleep easy tonight!

James

reo 11-03-2007 06:13 PM

Damn, I got two just a few houses from me.

One guy did this . . .

288(a) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS
288a(c) ORAL COPULATION WITH PERSON UNDER 14/ETC OR BY FORCE/ETC

The other one did this . . .

288(a) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS
288(b) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS W/FORCE

ebranig 11-03-2007 06:14 PM

holy crap. thank you for this info. more details later..