Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Should i fold this set on the flop? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536796)

redandblue 11-02-2007 09:01 AM

Should i fold this set on the flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($22.10)
MP2 ($5.05)
CO ($11.65)
Button ($12)
SB ($19.10)
BB ($6.65)
UTG ($4.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.4</font>, Hero calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.30) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2.5</font>, Hero ???

L'ennemi. 11-02-2007 09:07 AM

Re: Should i fold this set on the flop?

no
easy push given BB stack size, and he could have tons of stuff..
and raise pF

takingcontrol 11-02-2007 09:11 AM

this hand is from full ring buuuut....
no, never. all his holdings have quite good equity against your hand but quite often you're ahead unless he has exactly
KQ/QT/two diamonds.
even if we're behind we have lots of redraws to the mortal nuts but i'm putting him on mainly one pair type hands with a diamond.

ship it.

cashstrapped 11-02-2007 09:26 AM

shove.

Screw_u_Guys 11-02-2007 09:30 AM

Tricky, he could have the flush but would he raise it when you are allready betting into him?
Higher set is very possible because he would raise if he thinks you are drawing.
With these stacks you should call, if he has the flush or a higher set well bad luck but those are the only hands which really have you beat.
Against an OESFD with a pair you are still even money and you are ahead of anything else like a pair with the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Profish2285 11-02-2007 09:47 AM

I shove here all day expecting to see two pair, top pair, even draws. If he has a flush, just boat up on him and then laugh.

ROcketRO 11-02-2007 10:06 AM

if you don't push, you are (i quote another 2+2er that i don't remember the name of) a female's genital organ. i'm 90% sure you're up against JT. even against a straight or flush you have outs, but i really doubt that's the case here.

redandblue 11-02-2007 10:20 AM

Thanks for the replies.
I realize that i should of pushed or at least called. At the time though, i thought he could easily have TT JJ KQ or a flush. I did lay it down and he showed A6 of diamonds. So, it was the right move in that situation, but i guess i should of pushed.

ROcketRO 11-02-2007 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies.
I realize that i should of pushed or at least called. At the time though, i thought he could easily have TT JJ KQ or a flush. I did lay it down and he showed A6 of diamonds. So, it was the right move in that situation, but i guess i should of pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]
it means you had a better read that any of us and you shld keep trusting your reads. but you could have still called. if the board pairs on the turn you would stack him.

Edit: sory, i now saw he didn't have much left. so good fold. nh

DennisGPunkt 11-02-2007 10:28 AM

pooooosh!

Profish2285 11-02-2007 10:30 AM

No, it has nothing to do with better reads, its about ranges. You cant get a read that the guy has the flush from the action we see, you can guess a range of hands that villain has though. Just assuming someone has a flush because they make that raise is weak tight.

ROcketRO 11-02-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, it has nothing to do with better reads, its about ranges. You cant get a read that the guy has the flush from the action we see, you can guess a range of hands that villain has though. Just assuming someone has a flush because they make that raise is weak tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree, but maybe he has only seen villain doing this with the nuts... i'm just saying, maybe it was something more than being scared. in my first post i said i'd be a pussy if i didn't push. OP shouldn't feel THAT bad about his fold.

Profish2285 11-02-2007 10:55 AM

No, he should, its horrible to fold here. Youre leaving so much money on the table by folding in this spot. If you think about a reasonable range for villain, we are ahead of it, its that simple.

thoman8r 11-02-2007 11:02 AM

I have to agree with Profish. OP never mentioned any specific reads on this villain so we have to assume he's an unknown. And against an unknown at NL10, this is a bad fold because we are ahead of his range here.

LarryLaughs 11-02-2007 11:13 AM

Implied odds are decent, so at least call is in order.
If you make your full house, you can stack him.

jsthomas64 11-02-2007 11:14 AM

I know this isn't really the question - but if you raise preflop you make it much easier on yourself IMO. First, A6 suited could easily fold to a preflop raise. Second, you can put villain on a better range if he calls a raise or re-raises preflop.

Any particular reason OP didn't raise with 9's preflop? You're in early mid position, but 9's seem like an initial raise from any position to me.

brea 11-02-2007 11:20 AM

All of you saying that someone doesn't raise with the made flush in this situation is crazy... Playing hands to break someone is better than smooth calling. You can call turn and see if you boat up. Raising nines in any position is the best play IMO.

redandblue 11-02-2007 11:20 AM

I had no reads on villain, so i see that i should of pushed. However i disagree that its an insta shove. Although shoving is the right move, i would at least give it some thought first.

Profish2285 11-02-2007 11:21 AM

There is no thought. Against an unknown, its an insta shove. Oh and brea, who said villain doesnt take this line with a flush? I know for a fact that many villains DO take this line with a flush, but thats not the point. The point is that they take this line with enough other stuff also to make this a clear push.

traz 11-02-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no reads on villain, so i see that i should of pushed. However i disagree that its an insta shove. Although shoving is the right move, i would at least give it some thought first.

[/ QUOTE ]

no thought, raisy daisy