Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   where are the fish now? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536750)

IRIVERU 11-02-2007 05:43 AM

where are the fish now?

I know most of the rich internet pros were grinding during the partypoker days where noone had a clue. I want to know what the fishiest site is to play on. I play on stars and full tilt and there seem to be a good amount of competent players. Do sites like prima and cakepoker have much fewer grinders playing.

luckyjimm 11-02-2007 05:46 AM

Re: where are the fish now?

Anyone who knows of a fishy site is not likely to tell 2+2 about it

DUCY?

I_AM_EVIL 11-02-2007 05:55 AM

The Orleans.

Jerry D 11-02-2007 05:59 AM

The online 'poker boom' is over. If you want to find action games you are going to HAVE to play live. Online poker is a vast wasteland filled with 8 tablers with heads up displays and god knows what else. Live poker is the only poker worth playing today. Things may change if the legal situation in the US changes, but as for now playing online is a waste of time.

Sykes 11-02-2007 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The online 'poker boom' is over. If you want to find action games you are going to HAVE to play live. Online poker is a vast wasteland filled with 8 tablers with heads up displays and god knows what else. Live poker is the only poker worth playing today. Things may change if the legal situation in the US changes, but as for now playing online is a waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are [censored] dumb as hell.

omgH4X 11-02-2007 06:03 AM

JOKERSTARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Hockey Hands 11-02-2007 06:04 AM

Love The Orleans

costanza_g 11-02-2007 06:23 AM

PartyPoker is the fishiest site.

futuredoc85 11-02-2007 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh games are still really profitable on stars

SomeoneElse 11-02-2007 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you're bad at poker!

OneTimeAce 11-02-2007 06:41 AM

Id say AP. Made 1k yesterday playing .50/1.

futuredoc85 11-02-2007 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought everyone on the internet was bad at poker [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

SneakyFerret 11-02-2007 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually kinda agree with this

futuredoc85 11-02-2007 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually kinda agree with this

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone puts a decent amount of work into getting good at NLHE its still pretty easy to make $50/hr+ playing low stakes online.

vbm 11-02-2007 07:40 AM

If you are American, most sites are quite tough. If not there are plenty of really weak sites out there.

dersl 11-02-2007 08:02 AM

Party and iPoker obv.

ohead 11-02-2007 08:46 AM

if you guys think party and ipoker is bad you should see the swedish goverment run site "Svenska Spel Poker" , iiiiinsane

Aces0Kingz 11-02-2007 08:54 AM

party has got a little better over the last few months but i can still earn nearly double what i earn on tilt playing the same amount of hands. 9ptbb on tilt 16.8ptbb on party.

DLizzle 11-02-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
9ptbb on tilt 16.8ptbb on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Poky_Plyr 11-02-2007 08:57 AM

if you think online poker is dead, check out the oct graphs....

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=3&fpart=1

Farfenugen 11-02-2007 09:07 AM

The poker boom created a horde of weak-tight players that only know how to play against loose-passive opponents.

Now that the tables have changed the weak-tights are the donkeys.

Online poker is still mad profitable if one knows how to adjust to the changing tables.

Noir_Desir 11-02-2007 09:19 AM

Fixed Limit is the place to go, thats where the fish are.

AKoffsuit 11-02-2007 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fixed Limit is the place to go, thats where the fish are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting you mean the no limit games are tougher?

Oki-Oki 11-02-2007 09:44 AM

If your looking for fish this thread is a good start

Noir_Desir 11-02-2007 09:47 AM

Not necessarily tougher, but in NL the weak-tight players and the occasional shortstacking donk seem to be the fish, whereas in Limit you have people with 70 VPIP no PFR and complete maniacal spewtards galore at least up to 5/10. The only problem is that in Limit you cannot get their money if variance decides to screw with you.

futuredoc85 11-02-2007 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your looking for fish this thread is a good start

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jbrochu 11-02-2007 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Sucks for me. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Enervate 11-02-2007 09:59 AM

where are the fish now?

Classic case here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

op

rocketsfan4lyfe 11-02-2007 10:01 AM

not many fish anymore, even the micro stakes players are good at FTP and PS, they even use poker trace and ace

Bulletproof Monk 11-02-2007 10:05 AM

honestly finding good games online now isnt exactly a cakewalk....

davidlong14 11-02-2007 11:02 AM

playing LIVE at 0330 a.m. drunk/high thinking "i've seen this on TV, how hard can it be?"

KexChoklad123 11-02-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you guys think party and ipoker is bad you should see the swedish goverment run site "Svenska Spel Poker" , iiiiinsane

[/ QUOTE ]

Jag jag jag maste ju syna, hade stegadraget bada uppe och nere, maste ju syna. Eller hur grabbar?

likeyoustoleit 11-02-2007 11:24 AM

I was playing on stars for the last few months small stakes and then i went back to ipoker. Its like free money.

mookboi 11-02-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if someone puts a decent amount of work into getting good at NLHE its still pretty easy to make $50/hr+ playing low stakes online.

[/ QUOTE ]

mo42nyy 11-02-2007 11:43 AM

wtf do u think happens when stars etc allow all this software and people to play 54 million tables at once so people can gind out 2 dollars an hour per table and stars literely rakes it in

Wires 11-02-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not many fish anymore, even the micro stakes players are good at FTP and PS, they even use poker trace and ace

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. This probably says more about you then the quality of the games. There are 80,000 players on Stars on any given evening. Who do you think you are playing against?

EDIT: Another poster commented on the fact that the weak-tight players are now the fish at NL which is true. However if you prefer to play nitty you can still make decent money at limit hold'em (up to 2/4 - not sure about higher) and there is a movement towards PLO going on with tons of NL players with misplaced aggression donking off their chips (I'm playing 1/2 6 max - not sure about higher levels). You can sit around and wait for the nuts and make a decent earn - if that's your thing.

Online poker isn't dead but if you can't adapt with the times you may be.

Flip-Flop 11-02-2007 03:10 PM

Is Svenska poker only available for Sweden citizens or?

KexChoklad123 11-02-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Svenska poker only available for Sweden citizens or?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only for swedes yes

plzbenice 11-02-2007 03:48 PM

flip_flop: yes and just to mke u even more jealous, its sooooooo FIIIISSSHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY