Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   1/2 river b3b bluff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536271)

g-p 11-01-2007 04:22 PM

1/2 river b3b bluff

hes random unknown who probably calls too much, i think these are the type of players to bluff with flush draws so i had to bet instead of check riv and shove over the raise, right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($255)
Hero ($250.05)
MP ($440.95)
Button ($355.35)
SB ($278)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, MP calls $6, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP calls $10.

Turn: ($35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

River: ($47) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $228.05</font>

Chicago Twister 11-01-2007 04:41 PM

Re: 1/2 river b3b bluff

Well, I don't much like it but I'm no g-p...

BombayBadboy 11-01-2007 04:42 PM

I don't know much, but after just calling the turnbet you represent no strong hand at all..

manupod 11-01-2007 04:43 PM

When he raises to $100 there is no way he's folding to a shove, especially b/c wtf can we have?

g-p 11-01-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he raises to $100 there is no way he's folding to a shove, especially b/c wtf can we have?

[/ QUOTE ]
spades duh

look at his line

g-p 11-01-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know much, but after just calling the turnbet you represent no strong hand at all..

[/ QUOTE ]
doesnt matter so much beacuse no one b3b shove river as bluff, so all that strength makes up for lack of turn strength

or maybe i have JJ or something

BombayBadboy 11-01-2007 04:52 PM

Ya, I guess thats possible.

Sick line, and I admit he should't be raising a K (if he has one) ever, so chances he has one are smaller.

TheDunePariah 11-01-2007 04:58 PM

To me, when a moron like this bets 1/6 pot on the turn and then makes a strong raise on the river, he is really strong. Villain's turn bet screams monster - looks like a fish who is trying to build the pot.

Were you trying to induce a bluff with the 1/3 psb on the river? What did you put him on?

And if he's a calling station like you said, is he really folding here?

g-p 11-01-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Were you trying to induce a bluff with the 1/3 psb on the river? What did you put him on?

And if he's a calling station like you said, is he really folding here?

[/ QUOTE ]
was thinking he would fold his high card that problaby beats 9 high

"And if he's a calling station like you said, is he really folding here? "
more to it than just him making some bad calls earlier. here he either has a monster or nothing...hes not giog to make a bad call with Kx here because hes not playing Kx like this ever

bubaloo 11-01-2007 05:34 PM

interesting, i think he's gonna be looking you up w/ any K, but his line does look really bluffy and not at all like a k.

i had a hand very similar to this a while ago, i posted it in ssnl, but everyone said it was terrible (lol) what are you thoughts on this: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1652870 ?

my thinking was that his weak flop bet looks like he has a gutshot, my river bet looks like im bluffing (same as your hand) and i think thats why he raises and obv cant call a push (unless he has AQ).

Unknown Soldier 11-01-2007 05:51 PM

you're [censored] here, hate the river bet, and the push is even worse. Small turn + big river + donk = big hand. Also, why would he ever have a draw here, it's really unlikely.

spewtastic

Redgrape 11-01-2007 05:58 PM

JJ, 2nd would be KJ. Idk gabe people at these stakes are pussies, Idk what would encourage this guy to bluff here.

The turn bet doesnt make much sense for the fd either? The bet makes me think he wanted real thin value, induce a raise, or lightly protect his hand. A fd I think is likely checking or betting for FE.

KLJ 11-01-2007 05:59 PM

i'm not going to lie, it's not as bad as a lot of people think. who cares what hero's hand looks like, unknowns dont care.

HOWEVER, in my experience the average unknown will just muck the river most of the time with spades, so spades aren't in his range enough to balance KJ/JJ/etc.

marginally bad IMO

sh58 11-01-2007 06:04 PM

i don't like it, i agree with alot of the points made by OP, he either has a monster or air, but i think if he's got air, then we just have to give him credit for outplaying us and move on to the next hand.

i think most donks who have monsters here would minraise the river or raise to $50 or so, so i think this is a bluffy type of raise.

i think your bluffline is inferior to 2 other lines you could have used. you could have c/r the turn, or c/r the river. these are both superior in that they make more sense and are cheaper

Double Eagle 11-01-2007 06:07 PM

It would never cross my mind to do this and that's probably why I have 600k hands at 1/2.

KLJ 11-01-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like it, i agree with alot of the points made by OP, he either has a monster or air, but i think if he's got air, then we just have to give him credit for outplaying us and move on to the next hand.

i think most donks who have monsters here would minraise the river or raise to $50 or so, so i think this is a bluffy type of raise.

i think your bluffline is inferior to 2 other lines you could have used. you could have c/r the turn, or c/r the river. these are both superior in that they make more sense and are cheaper

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r the turn sucks IMO for the obvious reasons.

c/r the river is even worse because of the times the river goes check/check and he high-cards you

blah-blah-blah 11-01-2007 06:19 PM

really interesting but I think an unknown folds spades to our river bet. but i agree that what we're repping isn't as important so if you think he's capable of bluff raising the river I guess its ok. however your description of villain makes me think he's not bluff raising the river very often.

also his tiny ass turn bet could be an idiot just begging for some action w/ a monster.

sh58 11-01-2007 06:30 PM

i'm not saying i like the turn c/r or river c/r, but i think they are superior to the bet/3bet on the river.

i think the turn c/r is the best option out of the 3 because flatcalling the tiny turn bet seems weak, so we won't get much credit for a hand on the river.

i think your river bet after the way the hand went down is screaming to be raised, so either don't do it or bet/3bet and embrace the incredible amount of variance

jfish 11-01-2007 06:47 PM

wtf gabe? 1/2?

sick river line though.

djj6835 11-01-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
spades duh

look at his line

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think he has spades? He made some stupid bet on the turn ip. If he did it oop I think spades is a big part of his range but not when he can just take the free card ip on the turn.

g-p 11-01-2007 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf gabe? 1/2?

sick river line though.

[/ QUOTE ]
theres a thread here about this with my name in title

g-p 11-01-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spades duh

look at his line

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think he has spades? He made some stupid bet on the turn ip. If he did it oop I think spades is a big part of his range but not when he can just take the free card ip on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
this has nothing to do with anything, u cant assume he plays like you would

Unknown Soldier 11-01-2007 10:06 PM

point is that he's unlikely to do this with spades, you can't assume he does.

g-p 11-01-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not saying i like the turn c/r or river c/r, but i think they are superior to the bet/3bet on the river.

i think the turn c/r is the best option out of the 3 because flatcalling the tiny turn bet seems weak, so we won't get much credit for a hand on the river.

i think your river bet after the way the hand went down is screaming to be raised, so either don't do it or bet/3bet and embrace the incredible amount of variance

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it doesnt matter how much 'credit' he gives us. hes not going to make a big call on riv with one pair because he never takes this line with one pair, except maybe with AA 1% of time.

also, turn c/r sucks because it leaves us in [censored] spot on EVERY river and river c/r sucks because he checks behind Q8s or some [censored] and beats us too much

g-p 11-01-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ugh

i know this hand reading thing is new to all of you ssnl but try thinking on some higher level

what do you put him on with this line?

Unknown Soldier 11-01-2007 10:16 PM

sarcastic [censored], i told you earlier, but im done with this thread

f you.

blah-blah-blah 11-01-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it doesnt matter how much 'credit' he gives us. hes not going to make a big call on riv with one pair because he never takes this line with one pair, except maybe with AA 1% of time.

also, turn c/r sucks because it leaves us in [censored] spot on EVERY river and river c/r sucks because he checks behind Q8s or some [censored] and beats us too much

[/ QUOTE ]

you know you don't have to win every single pot.

i do agree that he never has one pair. but I just don't see someone who bet such an absurdly small amount decide to bluff raise the river.

djj6835 11-01-2007 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spades duh

look at his line

[/ QUOTE ] Why do you think he has spades? He made some stupid bet on the turn ip. If he did it oop I think spades is a big part of his range but not when he can just take the free card ip on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ] this has nothing to do with anything, u cant assume he plays like you would

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't my assumption. What info are you using to deduce that a large portion of villains range is spades? I haven't really seen this line from any type of player with a flush draw.

Keyser. 11-01-2007 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ugh

i know this hand reading thing is new to all of you ssnl but try thinking on some higher level

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is the villain in this hand is not thinking on a higher level, and the level that you're currently thinking on is just going to get you stacked when he obv calls 100 more with whatever crap he has

djj6835 11-01-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. No idea who you are I guess you're good at poker but you're a dick . I would put villain on some sort of big hand that was hoping his weak turn bet would induce you to bluff. Then you didn't so he made some huge river overbet to try and get the extra value he missed on the turn. If he actually had a flush draw and folded you were lucky as hell bc this isn't a f draw/ bluff for 99% of the donks at small stakes. And a serious lol at thinking on a higher level when villain isn't thinking on any level.

imozyslow 11-01-2007 10:25 PM

g-p for ssnl mod.

Keyser. 11-01-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he actually had a flush draw and folded you were lucky as hell bc this isn't a f draw/ bluff for 99% of the donks at small stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft. It'd be one thing if you said stuff like "i know hand reading is new to you" in a spot where you actually have a good point to make, but seriously, your ability to read hands at these stakes is in trouble if you think villain's line is a FD more than like 5% of the time.

also i'm pretty sure the only reason you posted this hand is for SSNL people to be like "omggg ur sickkkk marry me" and not to actually have a decent dialogue, but whatever.

jlocdog 11-02-2007 12:42 AM

At these stakes, I wouldn't overestimate the size of a randoms cajones. It takes some to make that river raise with air. This is not to say I hate your play because he can have missed spades (though I think much less frequently then you believe here) sometimes, and the times he stacks you will serve you well for the rest of the session (assuming he doesn't bolt on your ass) since your image will be perfect.

For a guy that bets $6 into $35 and opens himself up to either being blown off the hand or is just ready to gamble, you can't say he never shows up with a K here. Can't have it both ways. I understand that the amount of K's he does show up with is probably 1 (KJ) but that hand seems very likely and fits his line to a tee (along with JJ).

CptnObvius 11-02-2007 01:37 AM

There is pretty much no hand you can put him on that makes any sense here as played. What ever it is it has been poorly played unless he has some sort of excellent read on you.

He could have flopped set, have KJ or poss even JJ. The important thing is though, there is no way he is folding here and he has to have you beat.

jfish 11-02-2007 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf gabe? 1/2?

sick river line though.

[/ QUOTE ]
theres a thread here about this with my name in title

[/ QUOTE ]

oops sorry i bet that gets tedious.

tubasteve 11-02-2007 02:55 AM

open shoving would probably be better than this, lol

g-p 11-02-2007 11:37 PM

talk shit now

ikestoys 11-02-2007 11:42 PM

don't worry guys, GP's bluffs always work...

Isura 11-03-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's checking behind missed spades but making it $100 to go when you donk. That's an advanced fish play.

Isura 11-03-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't worry guys, GP's bluffs always work...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah must be. This is such an incredibly bad river push given description.