Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   interested in living in london? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536127)

john kane 11-01-2007 01:19 PM

interested in living in london?

i am now semi-certain i will be a poker pro. i have been thinking about this a lot and i think to make it as enjoyable as possible, living with 3-5 other people playing pro would be really good.

somewhere in london and a pretty nice place (but nothing too expensive). i had a look on foxtons and saw this place which is £225 a week each, 6 bedroom:

http://www.foxtons.co.uk/search?bedrooms...mit_type=search

or for £177 a week:

http://www.foxtons.co.uk/search?bedrooms...mit_type=search

can look for smaller places if not enough interested.

would involve playing loads to earn loads but at same time going out a bit for beers etc.

please reply on here if interested.

i was thinking january time possibly to start if anyone is interested.

edited to change month to week in first one, ty welshchip

WelshChip 11-01-2007 01:28 PM

Re: interested in living in london?

the first place is 225 a week each

Jamougha 11-01-2007 01:29 PM

Sounds interesting, I'd consider it.

tufat23 11-01-2007 01:29 PM

get somewhere in central london and pay £200/week

tozzy 11-01-2007 01:30 PM

so youre gonna quit bitching about how your job sucks now?
also, id recommend youd stick with it. you know this is just a sick heater. but anyways, just dont tell us when youre on a 10 BI downswing.
edit:
you pay 200 a week for living in a tube station, tufat?

Melchiades 11-01-2007 01:38 PM

Interested. Posted about this in the General thread last month. Would prefer centralish or northish. Islington, Shoredicth/Hoxton, Kentish Town, Bethnal Green or anywhere in central London. But I'm flexible about location I guess, as long as I don't need to worry about getting mugged stumbling back home after a night out.

teh_mewse 11-01-2007 01:38 PM

this is what i've been wanting to do for a long time except somewhere in canada like vancouver or montreal. I don't think i'd be willing to go to london unless i felt the group of players would greatly contribute to my game. Vancouver is pretty much my favourite city ever, and if we could get 5 or 6 guys together, could live in each of these places for under $1500 a month

$5800/month 6 bedrooms - 5100 square feet
http://images.craigslist.org/0101110...eb4600baf3.jpg

$7500/month 5 bedroom - 2500 square feet, comes furnished
http://images.craigslist.org/0101050...63c900b87d.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/0116060...7592009740.jpg

jj12 11-01-2007 01:39 PM

anyone down for a beach house in a Thailand island?

Paul B. 11-01-2007 01:42 PM

I've been thinking about doing this as well but it seems like too much trouble.

mewse, what kind of Visa are you trying to get? Work visas are pretty tough to get, and for a poker player it would be close to impossible I would think.

Best possible scenario is if you get a tourist Visa and then get married to a UK citizen while you're there, but I don't know..

P.S. john kane, good luck finding roommates to put up with your excessive whining (you will need it)

BobbyLight 11-01-2007 01:47 PM

Interested in living in London?

Yes.

Not with you.

Melchiades 11-01-2007 01:49 PM

Oh man. Sick burn!

EmpireMaker2 11-01-2007 01:50 PM

Ive really always wanted to move to a werid place, and just play poker and bang a [censored] of hot foreigners but I can't seem to move to a place where I don't know anyone.

Maulik 11-01-2007 01:53 PM

Live around Hyde Park or Green Park. The talent walking around that area any hour of the day gets me excited.

john kane 11-01-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Not with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not actually a moaner in real life, i know people dont want to listen to it, but on an internet forum i find it good to let out some steam.

anyways, i may not end out doing this, but im sure it's good to get discussion going if other people want to do this.

snowbank 11-01-2007 02:18 PM

I've been talking with a few guys about doing something like this in Arizona or California. Arizona you can rent like million dollar houses for $500/person since the market is so messed up there right now.

fitnessfreak 11-01-2007 02:46 PM

Im heading to Buenos Aires for 3-4 months at the start of march 08 w a friend before heading to vegas for the wsop in mid june. the plan is to book a hotel and then find a sick place to stay once we're there. any cool/good poker players who are interested in 3 fast paced months of poker, drinking, and women, PM me. there is no cap on the number of people as we figure we can just get as many apartments as is necessary once we're there. nerds and arrogant wankers need not apply [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamougha 11-01-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nerds and arrogant wankers need not apply [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounded good up until there. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

staring_elf 11-01-2007 03:17 PM

i'd love to do this but i'm living in spain for the next 6 months. on the off chance you are still looking for housemates around the start of next summer i would definitly 100% be up for this. was planning on moving to london for at least a year then anyway and living with a bunch of other pro players would be cool.

Christophers 11-01-2007 03:30 PM

London sucks!

fitnessfreak 11-01-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
London sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

damn right. u should come and stay in buenos aires w us Chris. you can show me how to beat 5knl and ill show you how to beat 400nl [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Maulik 11-01-2007 07:36 PM

I spent holiday in BsAs in March of this year. Those who spend several months there will not be let down. I'm jealous.

Maulik 11-01-2007 07:37 PM

Fitness Freak e. those going,

Be sure to see fals de iguacu. If you don't see the Brasilian side, you won't be disappointed but the Argentinian side is stunning.

FionnMac 11-02-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
London sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

DrMagic 11-02-2007 12:59 PM

God london is an expensive hole. At least pick somewhere nice to live.

luegofuego 11-02-2007 01:03 PM

mmm london

stigmata 11-02-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
London sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, with the world your being your oyster, london should be fairly low down on the list.

DefiNe 11-02-2007 01:31 PM

lol fools

Melchiades 11-02-2007 02:11 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] London.

Ginge 11-02-2007 03:02 PM

I'd be very interested in this. I realise none of you have a clue who I am though due to my lurking. (I'm 26 and currently play 2/4)

MATT111 11-02-2007 03:14 PM

England would be a clever choice for European pros as to avoid legal/tax issues. But it seems to me that there are much nicer places than London, like South coast or sth.

blah99 11-04-2007 05:22 AM

I might be interested.

I don't post much, but play mostly 3/6nl HU. Fulltime job at the moment, but planning on 'going pro' at the beginning of next year.

Melchiades 11-04-2007 08:12 AM

If people are serious, we should meet up at some point for a pint or two to make sure we don't hate each others guts.

john kane 11-04-2007 08:32 AM

i am borderline serious. a lot hinges on what i just posted on bbv4life (couldnt think where else to post it). i told my parents and my mum was almost in tears about quitting job - you are mad, you are crazy, you will have no security in life blah blah, but i think they are coming round to it now, as i said that if after a few years i could go back to accountancy if i wanted (all they want is for me to have secure future), so basically:

if i quit job (trainee accountant on a graduate scheme) if i played online poker for 2-3 years, i then want to go back to a job, could i then apply to accountancy firms (or wherever) and would be able not to mention i had worked for a month and then quit at a previous accountancy job?

(id say how i had travelled, done some entrepreneurial work, some charity work, all of which i could back up).

sorry for nitty post, after all you may hate me and not want to live with me anyway, but figure i need to ask this (i will ask employers as well i think).

dying2win 11-04-2007 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am borderline serious. a lot hinges on what i just posted on bbv4life (couldnt think where else to post it). i told my parents and my mum was almost in tears about quitting job - you are mad, you are crazy, you will have no security in life blah blah, but i think they are coming round to it now, as i said that if after a few years i could go back to accountancy if i wanted (all they want is for me to have secure future), so basically:

if i quit job (trainee accountant on a graduate scheme) if i played online poker for 2-3 years, i then want to go back to a job, could i then apply to accountancy firms (or wherever) and would be able not to mention i had worked for a month and then quit at a previous accountancy job?

(id say how i had travelled, done some entrepreneurial work, some charity work, all of which i could back up).

sorry for nitty post, after all you may hate me and not want to live with me anyway, but figure i need to ask this (i will ask employers as well i think).

[/ QUOTE ]

or you could just say you were a profesional poker player making lost of monies...

but then again poker players are scum of the earth, right?

F4Zi 11-06-2007 06:38 PM

Hey,
Im looking for a place to move into central london as soon as possible but it would be much more fun to share a place with some poker pros..

Im 20, play 5/10nl (will be moving up in the future).. I'd prefer somewhere closer to central though - SE1 area seems ok but Im open to suggestions.

If it ends up just being a 2-3 bedroom or something.. Im cool with that. There are some awesome flats out there to rent if people are up for it..

fazi

ps havent really posted on 2+2, i post on liquidpoker.net,
play on full tilt (F4Zi) and other sites

Jay. 11-06-2007 06:55 PM

If you're flexible to do this in all of england then you shouldn't be doing this in London.

jkkkk 11-06-2007 07:06 PM

yea, Essex ftw!

F4Zi 11-06-2007 07:38 PM

I like London, whats wrong with london.. its the place to be

jkkkk 11-06-2007 07:51 PM

I was kidding, London >>>>>> Essex.

F4Zi 11-06-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]