Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   kenny tran (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535943)

ADZI24 11-01-2007 05:45 AM

kenny tran

has he ever folded to a bet in his life time?

btmagnetw 11-01-2007 06:06 AM

Re: kenny tran

can we ban this guy yet

SeriAce 11-01-2007 06:29 AM

can we close this forum yet?

silver book 11-01-2007 06:30 AM

i heard this guy is sick good

ADZI24 11-01-2007 06:53 AM

sick good at getting knocked out with no pair

automat 11-01-2007 08:31 AM

that jack hi call was the most sick/best poker play ever shown on television. alas, its pretty close to doyle brunson snap-calling 25k on the river vs jamie gold with ace hi.

11-01-2007 08:35 AM

Have you ever made a decent thread in your lifetime?

And will you before an eventual ban?

So many questions. So much boredom.

Luckboxxx 11-01-2007 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that jack hi call was the most sick/best poker play ever shown on television. alas, its pretty close to doyle brunson snap-calling 25k on the river vs jamie gold with ace hi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see that, is there a video of that? Link?

skedar 11-01-2007 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i heard this guy is sick good

[/ QUOTE ]

heard this guy sucks an hit n runs you on full tilt.

saw it, too =/

automat 11-01-2007 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATp1qsjEh-c

he called both the turn and the river with ace high, alas only for 15k in total ...

Luckboxxx 11-01-2007 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he called both the turn and the river with ace high, alas only for 15k in total ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's the wrong link cause in that hand Doyle hit a straight on the turn.

automat 11-01-2007 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's the wrong link cause in that hand Doyle hit a straight on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

i´m talking about the second hand in the video

rocketsfan4lyfe 11-01-2007 10:01 AM

you can also try pokertube and click on wsop 2007 for all the horse episodes.

the call by tran was the sickest call ever, but at the same time, ive never seen him fold before

HensonLosesLots 11-01-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, that Jack high call was the sickest hand I've ever seen. I mean it was limit but his opponent was in the BB and it was all low cards with an ace, and a straight board with just one card. There were literally only a few hands he could beat (7-8, 8-9, 9-7) that he would be calling all those bets with, and the limit bets were quite large at 200,000. Plus it's on TV, so if you're calling a river bet with Jack high and the guy shows a straight or two pair, you will look like a pretty severe donkey.

He's my new hero

king333 11-01-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
a sick call is only good when the person is humble about it (like they've been there before)..Tran is such a douche that he has to make sure everyone KNOWS how good a call it is by talking about it for 30 minutes

Under dog 11-01-2007 11:28 AM

Is that (Kennys call) from the H.O.R.S.E event? Ive only seen 4 epsidoes of the HORSE so may have missed it...

gordo16 11-01-2007 11:56 AM

[/ QUOTE ]
a sick call is only good when the person is humble about it (like they've been there before)..Tran is such a douche that he has to make sure everyone KNOWS how good a call it is by talking about it for 30 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

HensonLosesLots 11-01-2007 11:59 AM

Yes it's from the HORSE event. I don't care about his reaction.. he deserves all the props on that call. How can you call someone with J9 high on a 356A2 ..or something of that sort kind of board.. Especially since the other guy was in the big blind...

That was an incredible call and easily worth the reaction.

sneaks619 11-01-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to agree, He's a great player and makes some sick calls, but does he have to stand up run around and yell "i am the greatest" everytime? When he made that call against Amnon where they only hand he could really beat was the missed 7-8 draw, He should have stood up ran to his buddies and yelled "i am a donkey", When Barry talks about stu and says: you always hear about his great calls but never about his great laydowns

NickdaNutz 11-01-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it's from the HORSE event. I don't care about his reaction.. he deserves all the props on that call. How can you call someone with J9 high on a 356A2 ..or something of that sort kind of board.. Especially since the other guy was in the big blind...

That was an incredible call and easily worth the reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was almost as good as his call with 6-3o on the A-A-X-X-3 when his opponent had A-T. When you call often enough, you will occasionally be correct.

yellowfish 11-01-2007 02:14 PM

If you never fold, some calls are going to look sick good.

HensonLosesLots 11-01-2007 02:17 PM

Yea but that hand.. You have J9 high... You can't even beat Queen or King high. That's an outstanding call even if you do call a lot of people down.. It's not like he had bottom pair.. J9 high on a A2356 board against the big blind. I mean, there's only one hand you can actually beat, 78 .. or maybe 9-7 but I don't think he'd call a turn bet with 9-7.

This forum is full of haters and you all just keep proving it. Give props where it's due. I'd like to see you guys make that call at a final table on TV with J9 high. I don't care how often you call people down, that's just amazing.

romdom 11-01-2007 02:28 PM

genius

imabigdeal 11-01-2007 02:31 PM

psh he is so [censored] arrogant, he dubbed himself "sick call kenny" and the jack high call to me would have been way more impressive if like four hands later he hadn't made an absolutely terrible call on the river against filipi. seems to me that more and more he's calling on the river w/ VV marginal (lol can i even call them marginal) hands in hopes that the other guy is just screwing around w nothing. and then he can gloat about it.

romdom 11-01-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
psh he is so [censored] arrogant, he dubbed himself "sick call kenny" and the jack high call to me would have been way more impressive if like four hands later he hadn't made an absolutely terrible call on the river against filipi. seems to me that more and more he's calling on the river w/ VV marginal (lol can i even call them marginal) hands in hopes that the other guy is just screwing around w nothing. and then he can gloat about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm.....ya, we know, he's awesome.

KSOT 11-01-2007 02:35 PM

Anyone who saw how deep he went in HORSE and the ME this year that thinks he never folds is a moran.

imabigdeal 11-01-2007 03:24 PM

oh i know he's really [censored] good but i'm just saying i think ppl have taken notice of some of those calls he's made in the past... and i think he's constantly tryin to live up to that rep and it's affecting his game slightly

the_doantster 11-01-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who saw how deep he went in HORSE and the ME this year that thinks he never folds is a moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rushstreet07 11-01-2007 03:53 PM

Sick calls on the river in LIMIT poker are highly overrated, often times the math alone will require you to call with very marginal hands.

otnemem 11-01-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm just saying i think ppl have taken notice of some of those calls he's made in the past... and i think he's constantly tryin to live up to that rep and it's affecting his game slightly

[/ QUOTE ]
This $50k HORSE event was filmed way before the WSOP ME was televised, so which reputation is he trying to suddenly live up to? I've never seen him on TV before the ME.

wheelflush 11-01-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the jack high call to me would have been way more impressive if like four hands later he hadn't made an absolutely terrible call on the river against filipi.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's some 2nd level results-oriented thinking.

PokerHatesMe 11-01-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really sick sick because if he obviously put him on 6-7 then of course he is calling... not hard to put your opp on busted str8 and flushes in a limit holdem ... the price is just way 2 good to call... so id say it was a good read of his exact hand more than a "sick call"

Daliman 11-01-2007 04:42 PM

Ya, I loved when he took a couple minutes to think about it when there were 16 left in WSOPME and Jon Kalmar pushes into flush draw hit for like 4.5 million into 3.5 million or so, and Kenny talks himself into calling TPNK or so, and when he calls states loudly "I CALL YOU!" and points triumphantly towards Kalmar, who tables the nuts.

Obv, he's a fantastic player, but yeah, call enough, some of them will be brilliant. As was said of Stuey, he made a lotta sick calls, but not many sick folds.

sneaks619 11-01-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He nicknamed himself, more than anything else i have a problem with this. You do not give yourself a nickname, your nickname is given to you by fellow peers and friends. There was a friend of mine in college who was mad cause he didn't have a nickname, so much that he decided that his nickname would be ace, We nicely informed him that he could nickname himself and that we would promptly give him one. So after a short deliberation We called him ButtDick and for the past 6 years Buttdick has been his nickname. I say sick call kenny is no more and we should nickname him ourselves

CleanUpMan 11-01-2007 05:16 PM

Funniest post I've read in a while. From "Ace" to "ButtDick". LOL gold Jerry gold!

inyourface 11-01-2007 05:33 PM

ok i'll roll with it, Jman's new nick - OMGifoldedthewinner

JackTenOffSuit 11-01-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm just saying i think ppl have taken notice of some of those calls he's made in the past... and i think he's constantly tryin to live up to that rep and it's affecting his game slightly

[/ QUOTE ]
This $50k HORSE event was filmed way before the WSOP ME was televised, so which reputation is he trying to suddenly live up to? I've never seen him on TV before the ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen him in person (at Commerce) and he is as good and as arrogant as advertised. He was on 4 or 5 episodes of "UPC: Cash Poker" and there's one hand in particular where he pushes with no hand, no draw against KK and forces his opponent to fold, followed by him performing some sort of congratulatory Kirk Gibson-esque gloating dance that was both earned by him as well as being very douchey.

MrMore 11-01-2007 06:18 PM

Ship it holla killa, then, that he gets knocked out of the ME with a pathetic payoff. Or, maybe he's not as up on hipster slang as I obviously am, and thinks "sick call" means a call that makes you sick.

Victor 11-01-2007 06:30 PM

details on the jack high hand pls.

nutsflopper 11-01-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
details on the jack high hand pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

minbet holdem, kenny missed Jhigh flushed draw and put guy on a missed straight draw getting like 36-1 and was right.