Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Presidential candidate scandal being covered up? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535761)

ojc02 10-31-2007 10:38 PM

Presidential candidate scandal being covered up?

Link

This sounds pretty juicy... Anybody have any idea who could be involved?

One rumor I've heard suggested is that Freddie T. might have had a little man-love in Hollywood. Boy would the Christian right just love that.

(Apologies if this is a repost..)

Borodog 10-31-2007 10:40 PM

Re: Political candidate scandal being covered up?

I'm guessing Rudy.

Fly 10-31-2007 10:44 PM

The only person they would agonize over exposing is Obama.

JayTee 10-31-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing Rudy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If true, I'd have to go with a democrat.

ojc02 10-31-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing Rudy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if it was Rudy it would have been leaked already, he already has so much baggage already.

Man, it would be so hilarious if it was Romney.

TomCollins 10-31-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing Rudy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if it was Rudy it would have been leaked already, he already has so much baggage already.

Man, it would be so hilarious if it was Romney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he have multiple wives? Is Hillary a lesbian? What is it?????

Copernicus 10-31-2007 11:17 PM

If the LA Fishwrap is sitting on it, then either its about a Democrat, or they want to wait until just before the primaries so it has maximum impact.

DVaut1 10-31-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the LA Fishwrap is sitting on it, then either its about a Democrat,

[/ QUOTE ]

If only the 'MSM' would give some coverage to a sex scandal involving a Democrat...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/50000/..._50385_hug.jpg

If only...

DblBarrelJ 10-31-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the LA Fishwrap is sitting on it, then either its about a Democrat, or they want to wait until just before the primaries so it has maximum impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If it's a Dem, they're making sure he or she doesn't get the nod from the DNC before the story is released, and if whoever it is does get the nod, it'll be shredded.

If it's about a republican, they're praying its about a republican who will get the nod from the GOP.

Of course, it could also be total BS.

AlexM 10-31-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing Rudy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, maybe. I would can't imagine them protecting a Republican candidate in a Rep vs Dem race, but given that it's a primary, they might well prefer Rudy to Romney.

DVaut1 10-31-2007 11:41 PM

FWIW, take this was a grain of salt because it was told to me as pure baseless speculation and innuendo in the first place:

I have a buddy who's a Congressional staffer, and he actually believes the rumor is about former President Clinton and some affair(s) with some other woman (or women). The "ethical" question the LA times is grappling with is centered around the fact that Bill isn't running this time around, isn't "relevant" to the campaign in the eyes of the Times, etc. Again, this is purely conjecture and likely fifth-level rumor mongering.

Related to that: for something Rosenbaum claims "everyone in Washington" knows, it sure isn't "universally" known to the point where lots of people who work on the Hill know much more than speculation and innuendo. So if this rumor really is known by "elites", it's a rather small cadre of elites who are 'in the know', as everyone my buddy knows on the Hill is pretty much engaged in the same kind of rumor peddling as the blogs are. He's heard everything from the "Hillary Clinton had an affair with her female travel aide" to "Hillary Clinton had an affair with her male aide" to "Fred Thompson with some billionaire's wife" to "Bill Clinton with some billionaire's wife", etc.

tl;dr summary: no one knows anything in the lower-rungs of the Beltway rumor mill.

Borodog 10-31-2007 11:42 PM

We need a pool.

$10 on "Rudy had a homosexual relationship."

whiskeytown 10-31-2007 11:46 PM

I remember hearing about things like this years ago during the Gary Hart incident where the press gets a lot of these, but generally won't run them unless the suspect in question is a frontrunner.

Hence, I doubt it's any of the current names nor do I believe it's because of political party considerations - all these guys care about is the papers they'll sell - whether it's a Democrat/Republican is irrelevant to them -

but if he's not running up near the top of the pack - they may just sit on it -

rb

ojc02 11-01-2007 12:13 AM

If it's a republican and they revealed it now, that republican would probably be screwed and someone else would go on to take on the Demos. It makes a lot of sense to wait, hope they get the nomination and then slam them with it in the actual election.

UlidEyes 11-01-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only person they would agonize over exposing is Obama.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's gotta be Obama. I had been wondering why he hadn't been getting much media coverage relative to the ridiculous amounts of money he's been raising. It also would explain MSM insisting that Hillary is going to win the nomination.
They would rather let him fade away quietly than expose him.

JackWhite 11-01-2007 12:46 AM

The LA Times released all those allegations of sexual harrasment on Shwarzennegger days before the election. If that was ok, I am surprised at their ethical dilemma now.

Borodog 11-01-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The LA Times released all those allegations of sexual harrasment on Shwarzennegger days before the election. If that was ok, I am surprised at their ethical dilemma now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there's your problem!

UlidEyes 11-01-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that wasn't a gay thing, nor was it a racial thing, which is one potential with this supposed story.

AlexM 11-01-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that wasn't a gay thing, nor was it a racial thing, which is one potential with this supposed story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it! Hillary loves the black c*ck!

DblBarrelJ 11-01-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it! Hillary loves the black c*ck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hillary and Obama? Oh that would be sweet.

Money2Burn 11-01-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing Rudy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, it would be so hilarious if it was Huckabee .

[/ QUOTE ]

imo

bills217 11-01-2007 01:26 AM

Well [censored] [censored] [censored] now I really want to know. How in the internet age can so many people know something and it possibly stay concealed?

Case Closed 11-01-2007 02:30 AM

I hope it's someone who comes out of the primary. It would be funny if one of the dems/reps has their campaign destroyed post candidate selection. I wonder what they would do if Romney was the rep candidate and it turned out he was gay?

AlexM 11-01-2007 03:39 AM

Re: Presidential candidate scandal being covered up?

Wait, I know what it is.

Ron Paul has "touched" thousands of vaginas. OMG!

Bedreviter 11-01-2007 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope it's someone who comes out of the primary. It would be funny if one of the dems/reps has their campaign destroyed post candidate selection. I wonder what they would do if Romney was the rep candidate and it turned out he was gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you hope that the next president of the US will be elected because the only serious opponent is exposed for some private sexual [censored]? Thats a funny way to value democracy.

EvanJC 11-01-2007 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you hope that the next president of the US will be elected because the only serious opponent is exposed for some private sexual [censored]? Thats a funny way to value democracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd hard, thanks

DblBarrelJ 11-01-2007 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd hard, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This coming from someone who thinks RP shouldn't be taken seriously because of his personal religious beliefs.

InTheDark 11-01-2007 09:00 AM

The more important question is obvious. Does anyone here doubt that whatever happens, the LA Times will have carefully calculated it to maximize the negative impact on republicans or minimize the impact on democrats?

My only consolation is that their circulation is in freefall.

gobbomom 11-01-2007 09:12 AM

what's the "Edward's rumor"?

Bedreviter 11-01-2007 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Former Sen. John Edwards today denied a story in the National Enquirer that he had an extramarital affair with a former campaign worker who followed him on numerous trips around the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ng-news-j.html

EvanJC 11-01-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd hard, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This coming from someone who thinks RP shouldn't be taken seriously because of his personal religious beliefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe in ghosts?

OOOkay so I was trolling a bit. His religious conviction turns me off.

I take him as seriously as I take any other politician.

pokerbobo 11-01-2007 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If only the 'MSM' would give some coverage to a sex scandal involving a Democrat...

If only...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, the MSM avoided this story like the plague until the public "buzz" grew to the point that they could no longer ignore it.

Actual God 11-01-2007 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If only...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, the MSM avoided this story like the plague until the public "buzz" grew to the point that they could no longer ignore it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no, jesus christ no.

Case Closed 11-01-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I personally think that it will be Hillary vs [insert repub here] so I don't really think either of them are any good for this country. While I do value the concept of democracy I don't value presidential elections at all, lesser of two evils etcetera etcetera.

Also, I belong to a 3rd party would would hopefully get some decent publicity is this happens to the dems.

VayaConDios 11-01-2007 03:14 PM

The story has to be about a republican, since if it was about a democrat it would be covered 24/7 by the MSM.

pokerbobo 11-01-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The story has to be about a republican, since if it was about a democrat it would be covered 24/7 by the MSM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh,.... how are things on Mars?

DblBarrelJ 11-01-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd hard, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe in ghosts?

OOOkay so I was trolling a bit. His religious conviction turns me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no I don't, but the fact that he does doesn't bother me.

Oh wait. RP doesn't believe in ghosts either.

JayTee 11-05-2007 10:05 PM

Is it Hillary?

Francis_MH 11-05-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it Hillary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh...I have no real credibility but I have heard from what I consider a reliable person that it is "well known" (whatever than means) that Hillary is a lesbian.

Misfire 11-05-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no no, jesus christ no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Per wiki, Newsweek was sitting on the story. Matt Drudge broke it, and the Washington Post picked it up 4 days later. 5 days after that came the famous "I did not have sexual relations with that woman," line.