Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Micro Pro in Problems (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535653)

megacatracho 10-31-2007 08:06 PM

Micro Pro in Problems

Hi guys im a micro por lol i play at 25 max to 50 max and i used to do very well like a month ago but then i took a month break aprox and now im back and i have donked 400$ in 2 days....so my roll went from 1.8k to 1.4k SICK i have never lost this way.

I feel my game is off, im not patient, y play full ring 50nl and im getting ripped apart by suckers who dont laydown their hands when i bluff, that overbet with aces and i dont belive then and call with middle pair so the only fault is my game, not variance, not bad beats nothing. Any advice? Im feellin terribly but poker is my main job lol so i cant quit....for now i plan on cashing out and just leaving 100-200 bucks or so to rebuild

My quesions are

Any advice on beating 50nl any tread i use to beat it though lol?
Has any of u after a long break lose ur game? how do u get it back?
Advice on managing urself and playing more tight?

btw i tilted like 100 playing limit holdem i was in money tilt lol

Regards

Joe

gordo16 10-31-2007 08:08 PM

Re: Micro Pro in Problems

you BR is 1.8k..... and poker is your job.......so you live in a cardboard box then? mom's basement?

JSmith2007 10-31-2007 08:08 PM

Slow down, take a look at some of your big all in hands. Post them in the micro NL forum and get advice on how to play them better. Also read up or get advice from micro stakes forum on how to get max value from your hands. It's very possible if you said you used to beat it that you were simply on a heater.

There really is no advice on how to manage yourself and play tighter. You simply have to have the self control and mindset to do that.

imabigdeal 10-31-2007 08:09 PM

man no offense but you must be pretty poor

gordo16 10-31-2007 08:09 PM

just take a week off and come back to it. if you're a longterm winner in the past no reason that a clear head shouldnt help your game get back to where it was..

megacatracho 10-31-2007 08:10 PM

I posted on the micro stakes i just thought it was like a beat...actually i cash out like 1k-2k a month...so thats how im a pro lol

Thnx anyways

slasherx 10-31-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im getting ripped apart by suckers who dont laydown their hands when i bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen Jo, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker.

So if that isn't working out, move up to where they respect your raises.

p.s. are you this person?

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/6585...000411_400.jpg

grando 10-31-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you BR is 1.8k..... and poker is your job.......so you live in a cardboard box then? mom's basement?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah cause decent 50NL players don't make $40/hour

SDone 10-31-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah cause decent 50NL players don't make $40/hour

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much do they lose?

thac 10-31-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted on the micro stakes i just thought it was like a beat...actually i cash out like 1k-2k a month...so thats how im a pro lol

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh gl with that.

Hattifnatt 10-31-2007 08:44 PM

tl;dr

chopsticks 10-31-2007 08:52 PM

Try doing everything like I do, LDO: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=3&fpart=1

chopsticks 10-31-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

How about educating yourself and getting a part time job while playing NL25 and dont do any cashouts for a few months so youre able to move up? Theres no such thing as micro stakes pro, really. You have no potential to get rich playing poker at least at these stakes. Almost any possible job is easier and better than poker if $1-$2k per month is enough.

Drjamescrow 10-31-2007 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

How about educating yourself and getting a part time job while playing NL25 and dont do any cashouts for a few months so youre able to move up? Theres no such thing as micro stakes pro, really. You have no potential to get rich playing poker at least at these stakes. Almost any possible job is easier and better than poker if $1-$2k per month is enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you get a stupid part time job paying $8-$10/hr if you make $40/hr playing 50nl? plus what job is easier than poker?

pokerpal500 10-31-2007 09:15 PM

Umm maybe he's in highschool/college and playing poker is better than being a bus boy, waiter, lawn boy etc etc. I would much rather grind 50nl for 4-6 hours a day than do some of the crappy jobs I had in high school.

chopsticks 10-31-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you get a stupid part time job paying $8-$10/hr if you make $40/hr playing 50nl? plus what job is easier than poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

-$200/day is not $40/hr and since when has it been easy to make constant $40/hr in NL50? Even 8-tabling you have to keep doing constant 10bb/100.

OP doesnt seem to be doing a good job in poker at this point and if his living is highly dependant on poker there will be a dead end sooner or later. Imo constant $10/h is better than huge swings and $1k or $2k max monthly at NL25 or NL50. If he has to make cashouts to buy food and pay the rent he will never get to higher than micro stakes so thats why I said it would be better to take a part time job for like two months and do no withdrawals and move to NL100 or NL200. There you can make decent money multitabling if you beat the level.

prodonkey 10-31-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop talking, cuz u don't know what u are talking about.

chopsticks 10-31-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop talking, cuz u don't know what u are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think its better to follow american dream and try getting as rich as Patrik Antonius grinding microstakes without a proper plan b? OP is questioning his abilities as a poker player and is having hard time beating micro stakes right now and so far hes lost $400 in two days. I didnt think its even possible at these stakes.

Im not saying he should get a job at mac donalds or kfc, I'm saying that some constant money source would be good to have to help yourself at these situations when you get sudden stepbacks on poker. Getting rich or making constant $2k per month is hard and even mentally dangerous at microstakes.

chopsticks 10-31-2007 09:41 PM

And heres my points with cliff notes:

- to be a pro you need to have a bankroll with enough buyins (100 x buyin as a pro imo is the least) to survive bad weeks and months in poker without it affecting the quality of your living or play
- to make a deep bankroll you have to win more than you cashout and it's close to impossible if you need to make $1k per month for living costs and youre playing NL25
- by getting a part time job for few months you could build your bankroll by paying your living costs with your normal paycheck
- after you would have a giant bankroll you could start playing more professionally without bad streaks affecting your life or quality of play anyhow and you could move up to like NL200 and make more money than you spend every month
- after this you could quit your job

crzylgs 11-01-2007 01:13 AM

don't listen to him, to be a pro u need 50BB.

the_main 11-01-2007 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

btw i tilted like 100 playing limit holdem i was in money tilt lol

[/ QUOTE ]

best part imo

knockonwood 11-01-2007 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
man no offense but you must be pretty poor

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha...

Jurrr 11-01-2007 01:50 AM

There's a chance OP is in some third world country where $1k is very good money.

Nichlemn 11-01-2007 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't listen to him, to be a pro u need 50BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

More than 40 is unnecessary, c'mon... one minimum buyin and another in the rare chance you lose the first.

OP should move up to $10/$20 ASAP, even though OP *is* quite a bit overrolled for it... it's the best that can be done until $25/$50.

prodonkey 11-01-2007 01:54 AM

"so far hes lost $400 in two days. I didnt think its even possible at these stakes."

8 buy in loss.. unheard of! Gasp!