Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534845)

pinkis_4girls 10-30-2007 07:21 PM

Question

How many of you would be prepared to admit that you are addicted to poker? And that you can't go without it no matter how hard you try to convince urself?

dying2win 10-30-2007 07:22 PM

Re: Question

i confess

pinkis_4girls 10-30-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i confess

[/ QUOTE ]

well played.

EWS87 10-30-2007 07:27 PM

i actually hate poker and have to force myself to put in hours and it really is starting to feel more like a job

im miserable at the table 80% of the time and im only 20 which is sad

dying2win 10-30-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i confess

[/ QUOTE ]

well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was serious

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-30-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually hate poker and have to force myself to put in hours and it really is starting to feel more like a job

im miserable at the table 80% of the time and im only 21 which is sad

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly why i'm going to take limon's advice and get some kind of part time job that i enjoy, then play poker on the side and enjoy it again.

pinkis_4girls 10-30-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get episodes like that as I'm sure many other people do. Times when you are playing despite the fact that you are an emotional wreck simply because you have to. To gain x more BB or to win one more tournament or to claw back and break even. Sometimes this means you don't care whether you win or lose because you've reached such a sense of apathetic despair. Other times you're so convinced that you're going to get sucked out on you wonder why you should bother making the play. Whether pushing with 77 really is -EV. And even if it is maybe it'll hold up this time and you can get away with it.

luvetoholdem 10-30-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many of you would be prepared to admit that you are addicted to poker? And that you can't go without it no matter how hard you try to convince urself?

[/ QUOTE ]

The B 10-30-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many of you would be prepared to admit that you are addicted to The 2 + 2 Forums

[/ QUOTE ]

rocketsfan4lyfe 10-30-2007 08:22 PM

nobody is addicted, just need it to make money

daca 10-30-2007 08:28 PM

I would stop playing poker today if I werent making money. 2+2 OTOH..

bdiddy12 10-30-2007 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is like looking in a mirror. im 20, hate poker too but force myself to play it, just for the money.

edit- also we only have 4 posts difference!1 doppleganger?

selurah 10-30-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many of you would be prepared to admit that you are addicted to The 2 + 2 Forums

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prolly spend 8-10 hours a day on this site. Pretty sad when you think about it. When I go out partying all weekend, the first thing I do Sunday night when I get home is check 2+2 to see if I missed any good threads.

Klinzmann 10-30-2007 09:19 PM

Answer

limon 10-30-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the crux of the question is are you addicted to success (on your own terms) or gambling. if youre addicted to success take away poker and youll probably turn to the stock market or bounty hunting if your addicted to gambling take away poker and youll be next to TJ yelling c'mon hard 8! (many more of you would find yourself next to tj than you think)

Hattifnatt 10-30-2007 10:05 PM

This needs a poll.

a nonymous 10-31-2007 01:19 AM

Please title your threads better. Thank you.

salesbeast 10-31-2007 01:41 AM

I can quit whenever I want...hello $3r!

scpi10 10-31-2007 02:06 AM

Both FTW

Dunkman 10-31-2007 02:20 AM

FYI if you are in NVG reading a thread with a subject that's just Question, that means you are in a gossip forum on a gambling website reading EVERY thread and thus you are at least addicted to 2p2. Since being addicted to the website and not poker would be really sad, it has to be both.

a nonymous 10-31-2007 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI if you are in NVG reading a thread with a subject that's just Question, that means you are in a gossip forum on a gambling website reading EVERY thread and thus you are at least addicted to 2p2. Since being addicted to the website and not poker would be really sad, it has to be both.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you even know what it means to be addicted to something? Are you just trying to be an idiot?

otter 10-31-2007 02:50 AM

How many people can go w/out work/money?

jocke4 10-31-2007 03:28 AM

Im not addicted, and I still think its fun.
Maybe not the game itself but beating other people.
EVUL^^_^^

otter 10-31-2007 03:35 AM

To put it kindly, this is not a good mindset to get into and if this is your profession you should find a new one. If it's not then you should play at my table ;-). If you're emotionally unstable then you don't "have to play" unless it's a tourney, but I don't play those and if I do I prepare myself mentally for the long haul.

todd1007 10-31-2007 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the crux of the question is are you addicted to success (on your own terms) or gambling. if youre addicted to success take away poker and youll probably turn to the stock market or bounty hunting if your addicted to gambling take away poker and youll be next to TJ yelling c'mon hard 8! (many more of you would find yourself next to tj than you think)

[/ QUOTE ]

bounty hunting?

and really, TJ bets the hard ways?