Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   DIDS JUST BAN ERICW (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534698)

Gildwulf 10-30-2007 03:25 PM

DIDS JUST BAN ERICW

link

we don't need a committee to the committee to the policy recommendation coordinator to the committee on banning ericw

just ban the mfker

we've had like three threads like this and he's a huge troll.

If you just ban him and sweep it under the table people will forget about him in a week. In the grand scheme of things, he is a very forgettable poster.

If you keep bringing up should we or should we not ban him, the anarchists/people who hate authority are just going to stick up for him for the sake of sticking up for him and he gets the attention-whoring he wants.

Lock all ericw threads, delete all of his posts and ban him. I can think of at least 5 of his threads today that deserve banning for. He is trolling you hard and has the upper hand right now in bbv4l opinion. Don't make the same mistakes I made with yves. Ban him before it's too late.

my 2 cents,
gw

Gildwulf 10-30-2007 03:27 PM

Re: DIDS JUST BAN ERICW

[ QUOTE ]
link

we don't need a committee to the committee to the policy recommendation coordinator to the committee on banning ericw

just ban the mfker

we've had like three threads like this and he's a huge troll.

If you just ban him and sweep it under the table people will forget about him in a week. In the grand scheme of things, he is a very forgettable poster.

If you keep bringing up should we or should we not ban him, the anarchists/people who hate authority are just going to stick up for him for the sake of sticking up for him and he gets the attention-whoring he wants.

Lock all ericw threads, delete all of his posts and ban him. I can think of at least 5 of his threads today that deserve banning for. He is trolling you hard and has the upper hand right now in bbv4l opinion. Don't make the same mistakes I made with yves. Ban him before it's too late.

my 2 cents,
gw

[/ QUOTE ]

qfmft

nation 10-30-2007 03:35 PM

i basically posted what i thought in that thread, he's consistently awful, he's a troll who adds nothing to the site, and he's also one of those guys who will come back. just ban him already.

Dids 10-30-2007 03:45 PM

Banning him just martyrs him in the eyes of the tards. I honestly made the thread because I wanted input from all the posters.

Eric's a pest, but he's far from the biggest problem in BBV4L so I don't see his banning as urgent. I just read a lot of posts form folks wanting him banned, and got a couple PMs as well. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Gildwulf 10-30-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Banning him just martyrs him in the eyes of the tards.

[/ QUOTE ]

no

making 1234123412 threads about ericw (his containment thread, the 'hey maybe we should ban ericw oops maybe not let's just wait and see thread', the 'hey guys I really think we should consider banning ericw if it's not too much trouble to you guys' thread) turns him into a martyr.

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

I am also interested in seeing how this plays out. Because it is almost worth doing an out-of-forum ban and being demodded to see him stop posting as ericw in bbv4l.

Sometimes you just have to make the right decision regardless of the masses. That's why you are the mod and they are the masses.

NT! 10-30-2007 03:51 PM

gild is right, you don't have to tell them anything. ban him, ignore or delete all posts about him, PM people who keep bringing it up. imo.

Chump Change 10-30-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the grand scheme of things, he is a very forgettable poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said. This actually is the reason I say 'no ban', but at the same time would get behind a 'ban away!'. His forgettableness makes me kind of apathetic.

Gildwulf 10-30-2007 03:56 PM

Even simpler, 3 questions for fail-safe modding:

1) is he a troll?

y/n

2) does he add some value to the forum?

y/n

3) Should you ban? If answer to 1 is yes and 2 is no, ban

ahnuld 10-30-2007 03:58 PM

dids iv mentioned in many of his threads that he trolls you and those are grounds for banning, so this BBVers opinion should be clear.

citanul 10-30-2007 04:10 PM

dids,

if you don't want to do it, but do want to discuss it:

i think, and have thought for a long time, that eric needs to go. i'd be fine being the lead guy on "trash the eric acct and lock all threads pertaining to him."

if people needed definition of troll spelled out for them, they can take a look at eric w's posting history.

edit: the only reason i'm not going to follow through on this great gildwulf plan is that last time i did something like that dids like, sighed and undid it.

ahnuld 10-30-2007 04:13 PM

dids do it and ill buy you beers if we ever meet up

durron597 10-30-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DIDS JUST BAN ERICW

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

citanul 10-30-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Walk softly and carry a big stick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to continue on this for anyone who's reading it and cares.

Also just keep your [censored] mouth shut.

Meaning: Before you ban some terrible poster, don't make a "OMG DRAMABOMB I'M THINKING ABOUT BANNING THIS GUY" post or poll. Then, when you've banned him, don't then make a "OMG DRAMABOMB JUST BANNED THIS GUY" post or poll.

You just do it and move on.

We have pretty good experimental evidence at this point that this approach works better than others (that involve banning).

Gildwulf 10-31-2007 09:40 AM

lol dids you are so [censored] now, you turned him into a martyr and turned the issue into a referendum on your modding

gl

Dids 10-31-2007 10:25 AM

I'm comfortable with how this is going.

nation 10-31-2007 10:30 AM

you always seem to be, even when it's going bad

diebitter 10-31-2007 10:32 AM

Dids, you are a cool mofo. Really.

Dids 10-31-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you always seem to be, even when it's going bad

[/ QUOTE ]

People have different standards of what "going bad" means.

The head BBV4L mod is always going to have people bitching at him. That's life. If that bothered me in the least, I wouldn't do it.

Gildwulf 10-31-2007 11:19 AM

another thread on ericw lol

Gildwulf 10-31-2007 11:32 AM

DB,

the fact that you voted not to ban ericw and you are a frequent poster in bbv4l and have read basically every one of ericw's posts is disturbing and reflects pretty badly on your judgement overall.

Either you are shamelessly courting bbv4l public opinion or you are just showing really terrible judgement that is indicative of being a bad mod. If it's the former then that's pathetic, and if it's the latter you should be de-modded, imo.

Gildwulf 10-31-2007 11:38 AM

wow I can't believe you are not banning him

Dids 10-31-2007 11:41 AM

Gild,

I honestly don't think Eric's been that bad post the containment thread. He's trolled me a bit, but that's to be expected given what I've done with him, and his trolling was at least an attempt at funny and not nearly as stupid as a lot of what gets thrown at me. I think there are far worse trolls. The reason Eric got singled out when I started was simply because he started threads that spoke to a mentality that I wanted to remove from BBV4L. I think/hope that point has been made.

Now that Eric's "free" we'll see if he can refrain from the kinds of threads that made him a problem. I pretty much expect him to [censored] up and that citanul will ban him within 2 weeks.

4_2_it 10-31-2007 11:53 AM

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5...elmer_fudd.gif

diebitter 10-31-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DB,

the fact that you voted not to ban ericw and you are a frequent poster in bbv4l and have read basically every one of ericw's posts is disturbing and reflects pretty badly on your judgement overall.

Either you are shamelessly courting bbv4l public opinion or you are just showing really terrible judgement that is indicative of being a bad mod. If it's the former then that's pathetic, and if it's the latter you should be de-modded, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read them all by a long shot, but am amused by the ones I have read. There may be some lousy ones I've just not seen. I don't really care to go hunting them out, because it's not that important to me.

I can vote how I like, mang, Dids asked for input. I believe idiot posters should be game for flaming and ridicule, not for banning, so I'm gonna vote that way for any but the most terrible of posters. I am being very careful in expressing an opinion that diverges from mod practice in 4life (and admit I have been careless with this in the past), but cmon, Dids asked!

I certainly will not say a word post-ban (if it happens) against the decision or to denigrate Dids.

You have a major bugbear with this poster that I think is more your problem than anything else. Will you be cool please?

Like I said, if Dids (or another 4Life mod) does ban him some time, I'm not gonna say a word. Dids is doing a good job, and if he makes one decision I happen to disagree with, well he's got the job and he's doing it well in all other respects, and I have a lot of respect for him on that.

If he bans EricW, I will just assume I am wrong about EricW because I haven't read all his posts, simple as that.

miajag 11-18-2007 11:27 PM

bump

I was on the fence about this but I've decided over the past couple weeks and especially past couple days that he's just a terrible troll and should be instapermamegabanned.

iron81 11-18-2007 11:37 PM

I don't think the pro-ban camp quite understands BBV4L. To paraphrase Jman:

[ QUOTE ]
If you make a post in this forum that isn't a troll post, you suck at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul 11-18-2007 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.

Gildwulf 11-19-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that must be it, i just don't understand bbv4l

jman220 11-19-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, while I appreciate the quote, that was in BBV, not BBV4L. In fact, that predated BBV4L.

iron81 11-19-2007 12:42 AM

Also, I don't think Eric is a troll and I think his posting is genuine. I think I would sound like Eric if I ever took off my weirdness filter. I identify with him and while I'm not sure if people can be as weird as him, people can definitely be as pathetic as him.

This is all moot anyway. Dids posted in B4L that he would ban 1/3 of the forum before he banned Eric.

ahnuld 11-19-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't think Eric is a troll and I think his posting is genuine. I think I would sound like Eric if I ever took off my weirdness filter. I identify with him and while I'm not sure if people can be as weird as him, people can definitely be as pathetic as him.

This is all moot anyway. Dids posted in B4L that he would ban 1/3 of the forum before he banned Eric.

[/ QUOTE ]

well dids is a freak and a very weird dude. He is also quite young. Lets stay away

Dids 11-19-2007 11:44 AM

I'M A MAN.

I'M 31!!!!

iron,

You should probably never presuppose you understand anything about bbv4l. Given your position as the world's oldest however old you are, it's just not kinda your bag.

I haven't seen anything that bad by Eric recently, but I haven't been looking.