Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   BIG BLUFF- (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534663)

sauce123 10-30-2007 02:28 PM

BIG BLUFF-

villain is stdjdog or something like 25/20 reg- plays pretty ABC

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (4 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($139)
Button ($1229.90)
Hero ($1726.95)
BB ($591)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $21, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($54) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $39</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $132</font>, Button calls $93.

Turn: ($318) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($318) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $237</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1570.95</font>,

oh yea if u want just say "ur dumb cause he calls with his whole range"

"intriguing"

or "genius!"

and explain y if u want

aditya 10-30-2007 02:33 PM

Re: BIG BLUFF-

What exactly are you repping? Nothing. He should technically look you up with a J very often here cause the way you played this hand, you almost always have nothing.

sauce123 10-30-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you repping? Nothing. He should technically look you up with a J very often here cause the way you played this hand, you almost always have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur kinda dumb here

G_Dollaz 10-30-2007 02:36 PM

Sauce, I think you need some work on your reads, lol. As for the hand Boquense NEVER folds these hands, trying to bluff him is like trying to bluff aejones. Against another opponent maybe, but not here....

IHaveStrong9 10-30-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EVERYTIME i click on a topic where someone posts a bluff, the standard cliche post is exactly this. LOL. yes, you and everyone else who posts these comments are very dumb here.

aditya 10-30-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur kinda dumb here

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, you played this hand perfectly, good job, A+. Is that what you want to hear?

give me a [censored] break, you played this hand horribly.

mike0292 10-30-2007 02:40 PM

i like this a lot

sauce123 10-30-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sauce, I think you need some work on your reads, lol. As for the hand Boquense NEVER folds these hands, trying to bluff him is like trying to bluff aejones. Against another opponent maybe, but not here....

[/ QUOTE ]

id revise my reads if u had the right villain....

G_Dollaz 10-30-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

id revise my reads if u had the right villain....

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I thought Boquense was stjdog or whatever his sn is, either way, stjdog is NOT an ABC player @ all

Jamougha 10-30-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur kinda dumb here

[/ QUOTE ]

Well clearly one of us is.

sauce123 10-30-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur kinda dumb here

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, you played this hand perfectly, good job, A+. Is that what you want to hear?

give me a [censored] break, you played this hand horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was saying ur "analysis" was generic and awful not defending my play obv but thanks for posting

ikestoys 10-30-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur kinda dumb here

[/ QUOTE ]

sir, he's right.

FireStorm 10-30-2007 02:58 PM

It's a fair question to ask what you're trying to rep here, and what you think you can fold out. Villain here seems to be making a standard value bet, and has 1/3 of his stack in the pot, not to mention your line looks like a bluff. That being the case, you must have had some plan here as to getting him off a certain range. You shouldn't have a problem with us asking this, bc these are integral elements of the thought process when you make this type of move. You can't just post a hand to show that you bet a ton hoping to induce a fold.

KeanuReaver 10-30-2007 02:59 PM

i would expect him to be showing up here with a bluff or a very thin vb a lot so i think this is pretty good

FireStorm 10-30-2007 03:00 PM

My initial thought here is that it's possible he flopped a flush, and unless you have a previous history of doing things like this with sets, he's not going to fold it fearing a house. As far as YOUR holding, I'm not sure which flushes you'd take this line with, and there aren't many ways for you to be full here.

KeanuReaver 10-30-2007 03:06 PM

and when you're making such a polarized move you have to consider what you're repping

sauce123 10-30-2007 03:12 PM

i dont expect him to fold a flush in a million years

zook 10-30-2007 03:28 PM

Both your ranges are mostly bluffs. Are his balls as big as yours? Probably not.

FireStorm 10-30-2007 03:53 PM

So then you assume he never has a flush here, which I feel is wrong. However, going by your line of thinking, his range consists mostly of JxXc, and air (perhaps missed Ac etc)?

sauce123 10-30-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So then you assume he never has a flush here, which I feel is wrong. However, going by your line of thinking, his range consists mostly of JxXc, and air (perhaps missed Ac etc)?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his range is mostly overpairs, Jx, missed draws/floats and thin vbets with med made hands like A8+. His range here is pretty wide as hes OTB and v aggro.

fringsrache 10-30-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur kinda dumb here

[/ QUOTE ]

sir, he's right.

[/ QUOTE ]

so true... this hand is awful.

Boquense 10-30-2007 03:56 PM

I'm villain. I don't view myself as very ABC, but I think I've been recently playing much more ABC than normal.

Oh, and my balls are like 50x bigger than my brains.

I'll give my thoughts in a bit, don't wanna taint.

nuggetz87 10-30-2007 04:09 PM

doesn't seem so bad imo. he almost definitely doesn't have a FH or a flush and you could feasibly go for double c/r with a big hand on that flop. that said i still wouldn't do it, i think you're doing too much hoping that he thinks the same way.

gdollaz is right too he doesn't seem to fold a lot and you took a weird line. prob. better with an actual hand.

fees 10-30-2007 04:10 PM

Um.. what % of hands do you call preflop, i think this is important because I assume he uses a hud

AAismyfriend 10-30-2007 04:14 PM

If he DOES have a flush here, it's the nuts flush, since I highly doubt he'd check the turn with any lesser flush. I think it's much more likely villain shows up with a house here than a flush, but I still think his range is mostly overpairs/AJ type hands. If he is value betting thinner than QJ here it's not to fold to a c/r IMO because making thin value bets vs a player such as yourself with the intention of folding to a c/r every time would be retarded. Also, given who villain is I think this is suicide for reasons already stated in this thread. If boquenese is Value betting here it's probably not with the intention of folding to a shove since he can call this shove profitably vs you with AJ here IMO.

Boquense 10-30-2007 04:14 PM

I've got Sauce at 23/19, but no, I don't use any HuD, or Poker Tracker, I keep all these stats in my head.

AAismyfriend 10-30-2007 04:16 PM

Also, I'd like to add that people saying you are repping nothing are 100% wrong. If I chose to check the turn here with a set, and it checked through I'm probably going for a c/r on the river vs someone who likes to value bet rather thin. But like I stated in my above post, once he bets the river, he can call profitably since bluffs make up a good part of your range in a spot like this.

mrcoughman 10-30-2007 04:30 PM

You're not really repping anything here with river check raise, but in a big way.
What i mean is that if villain has any conception of you as a competent player, this spot to check raise bluff might look so bad to him that it ends up being good, and you might end up pushing him off something respectable.
Of course the fact that better air-ish hands is a good portion of his range here adds to the equity in the bluff.

AA- Is a turn check with a set really believable here?

AAismyfriend 10-30-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

AA- Is a turn check with a set really believable here?

[/ QUOTE ]

100BBs deep, no way......200BBs deep between 2 aggro/tricky players, absolutely.

ALReturnsLOL 10-30-2007 04:53 PM

This is the range I feel this player calls your CR with on the flop (assuming he sees you as aggressive and capable of making moves.)

66, 54,56,57,58,78,79,710,89,810,of clubs K3s+,Q7s,J8s of clubs any broadway clubs. I could also see him calling this flop with AJo KJo assuming he thinks your aggressive. Maybe even a peel with like AcK or AcQ, also QcJ

once he checks on the turn I think alot of his flushes go out the window (esp baby flushes) and likely 66

So that leaves his range with mostly Ac peals of Jx

once you check the river again I don't know how often he bets Ack AcQ b/c he prob figures to get looked up alot by you. One the other hand I think it makes alot of sense for this to be a value bet with a Jack (esp after you check two streets)

I can't really think of any hands you play like this for value. Except for taking a really weird line with a monster (which is discounted)

Your range is weighted mostly towards hands that don't want to get called and the occasional monster (why would you turn a hand with showdown value into a bluff on this river)

So I guess the big question is if he looks you up with Jx, I guess it has to do with reads but given your line I think its a def a reality.

catcher193 10-30-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EVERYTIME i click on a topic where someone posts a bluff, the standard cliche post is exactly this. LOL. yes, you and everyone else who posts these comments are very dumb here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like... its right so.... Sauce maybe you took this line with a flush+ once in the last 900K hands.

cts 10-30-2007 07:04 PM

pretty bad, button vs sb he's going to be suspicious and not want to fold from the start. and this board is one of the worst to bluff of course bc he just puts you on a big club that whiffed and calls (ie exactly what you have. take lines that generally make your opponent to make the wrong decision, not ones that their first level choice is the correct one)

Ship Ship McGipp 10-30-2007 07:06 PM

terrible

edit: terrible as a bluff, decent for value

rand 10-30-2007 07:19 PM

i dont like this bc i think you really are repping nothing, except maybe the NF but i still think you usually lead river with that hand

that being said the distribution between villains vb range vs calling range is pretty wide here assuming hes not hand reading...but if he is i could see him calling you pretty light like any jack

FoxwoodsFiend 10-30-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: terrible as a bluff, decent for value

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is wrong with you?

luvetoholdem 10-30-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you repping? Nothing. He should technically look you up with a J very often here cause the way you played this hand , you almost always have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I would go tht far.

DCal Zone 10-30-2007 08:46 PM

This is very very good.

sjtdog never ever has a flush or a full house here, and he's capable of making big laydowns.

To those saying this is bad, why wouldn't sauce get credit for having a flush here? I'd play any flush the same way in this spot.

sauce123 10-31-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is very very good.

sjtdog never ever has a flush or a full house here, and he's capable of making big laydowns.

To those saying this is bad, why wouldn't sauce get credit for having a flush here? I'd play any flush the same way in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea guys think about it

Ship Ship McGipp 10-31-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is very very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting!

[ QUOTE ]

sjtdog never ever has a flush or a full house here,

[/ QUOTE ]

...so

[ QUOTE ]
and he's capable of making big laydowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

we gotta be talking about a differentperson, unless he just views sauce as a huge nit, "capable" and "big laydowns" should not be in the same sentence with this dude unless NOT is somewhere in it

[ QUOTE ]
I'd play any flush the same way in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz, that is your problem, dude.

smartalecc5 10-31-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Like... its right so.... Sauce maybe you took this line with a flush+ once in the last 900K hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian (SB) is sauce obv.

$3/$6 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$542.00</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$550.80</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$1215.00</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$772.35</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$558.00</font>)

Pre-flop: ($9, 5 players) Hero is UTG Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24</font>, <font color="#777777">2 folds</font>, SB calls $21, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($54, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $40</font>, SB calls $40

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($134, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($134, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $114</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB goes all-in $708.35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero goes all-in $364</font>

Final Pot: $1090
SB shows: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero shows: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB wins $230.35 ( lost -$542 )
Hero wins $1088 ( won $546 )
SB lost -$542.00