Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   villain fires 3rd bullet, Contemplate calling... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534366)

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 02:22 AM

villain fires 3rd bullet, Contemplate calling...

villian is running 24/20/3.5 over 300 hands, i have pos. and have 3-bet fcked with him a few times, stacking him once when flopping a flush with 5-6 di. vs. his tptk no fd, ...regardless he surprises me with this 3rd bullets.....your thoughts?

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $181.60
UTG: $657.80
CO: $472.80
Hero (BTN): $763.40
SB: $590.60

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $16, SB folds, BB calls $12

Flop: ($50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $32</font>, Hero calls $32, BB folds

Turn: ($114) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $112</font>, Hero calls $112

River: ($338) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $312.80 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $338 Pot ($2 Rake)
CO mucked and WON $336 (+$176 NET)

Big_Jim 10-30-2007 03:11 AM

Re: villain fires 3rd bullet, Contemplate calling...

I'd probably push or fold the turn. Board is fairly drawy, and with only a PSB left, you need to decide if you want to play or not.

If he has KQ and played it this hard, he won't fold it.

If I just called, I'd snap call the river.

Hoopster81 10-30-2007 03:12 AM

wow call

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 03:18 AM

Let me say this, when he bet the turn so hard, like basically 112 into 112 I was pretty excited seeing as I was positive he would slow down with sets, top two...so at that point I did start to believe he was 1. on total air 2. had some sorta flush draw/straight draw.....At this point I did not see him having 3rd barrel capability so I opted to see a safe river.....his monster riv shove, regardless of the board pair def. polarizes his range to aa-kk-boat OR small percent of the time a final last stab with clubs.

At this point too we had only been tussling preflop really, so it made it difficult.

Hoopster81 10-30-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as I was positive he would slow down with sets, top two...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

your hand is underrepped, he could be valuebetting worse, and all the draws missed

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 03:26 AM

I'm a former tourney donk (pretty good one actually)....and have only been serious at 2/4 nl for about 2month/45k hands (5ptbb) ....so maybe I'm just a little green with a lot of these types of situations.

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I def agree with my hand being underepped, but there is really only one hand he is value betting--&gt; KQ.....till the river i was feeling good about the situation, esp underepping the hand.

Hoopster81 10-30-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I def agree with my hand being underepped, but there is really only one hand he is value betting--&gt; KQ.....till the river i was feeling good about the situation, esp underepping the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying even if there were no worse hands he could be valuebetting I'd still call because you see air here enough

Big_Jim 10-30-2007 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not see him having 3rd barrel capability

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's your read, then fine, fold.

Sounds like your read is super weak, though.

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 03:58 AM

I guess it's a situational read...he's gotten stacked, and hasnt been able to put anything together, and possibly lacking confidence,(which i suppose could go both ways ie. hes frustrated) but it was def. wishful thinking on my part that i could get a check.check river showdown....

I don;t really like any other lines and i also cant contemplate folding the turn.....also just for the hell of it ill show you the hand that i stacked him on previously......30min prior maybee....
Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $1,096.45
UTG: $211.30
MP: $734
CO: $642.50
Hero (BTN): $404.50
SB: $468.50

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $16</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $32

Flop: ($102) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $68</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $594.50 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $288.50 and is All-In

Turn: ($815) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($815) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $815 Pot ($3 Rake)
CO showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and LOST (-$404.50 NET)
Hero showed 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and WON $812 (+$407.50 NET)

reup 10-30-2007 04:17 AM

he has a lot of jacks in his pf opening range from the c/o and he might be double barreling KJ for value against draws b/c of history (even though you did raise sc's before he could still have it in his head that you play those hands regularly). BUT, if you think he's tilty at all it makes the river easier imo, given how you played it.

SlowHabit 10-30-2007 04:34 AM

Call then do some c-walk.

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he has a lot of jacks in his pf opening range from the c/o and he might be double barreling KJ for value against draws b/c of history (even though you did raise sc's before he could still have it in his head that you play those hands regularly). BUT, if you think he's tilty at all it makes the river easier imo, given how you played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the tiltedness of the player/the fact that he's down gives him less probablity of firing the third bullet with air (limit the losses of a session that already is [censored] him up the ass).....also not EVERYONE has this 3rd bullet in them

AAismyfriend 10-30-2007 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow call

[/ QUOTE ]

cakewalk 10-30-2007 05:27 AM

to those saying whatever how often does vill have to be bluffing missed fd's

2hi4me2cu 10-30-2007 07:44 AM

If you guys are tussling alot pre / post flop and not really getting to the turn / river, theres a mental element of him wanting to beat you.. So while your just c/c your not representing your hand well enough and he believes hes ahead, he may have had JT suited, and as you never raised he thought he was ahead to knowing he was ahead when the river came..

TomChan 10-30-2007 08:44 AM

i'd just raise the flop and get it in, since calling here limits your range pretty much to a J and a Q with BB behind.

jfish 10-30-2007 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call then do some c-walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice