Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Dario Minieri is just wayyy too good (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534030)

gordo16 10-29-2007 05:24 PM

Dario Minieri is just wayyy too good

PokerStars Game #12922621143: Tournament #65581301, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2007/10/29 - 17:18:51 (ET)
Table '65581301 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: gordo16 (1450 in chips)
Seat 2: Dariominieri (1550 in chips)
Dariominieri: posts small blind 10
gordo16: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to gordo16 [8d 7d]
Dariominieri: raises 40 to 60
gordo16: raises 120 to 180
Dariominieri: calls 120
*** FLOP *** [7h 7s Ks]
gordo16: bets 180
Dariominieri: raises 1190 to 1370 and is all-in
gordo16: calls 1090 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [7h 7s Ks] [Ts]
*** RIVER *** [7h 7s Ks Ts] [2h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
gordo16: shows [8d 7d] (three of a kind, Sevens)
Dariominieri: shows [3s 6s] (a flush, King high)
gordo16 said, "lol"
Dariominieri collected 2900 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2900 | Rake 0
Board [7h 7s Ks Ts 2h]
Seat 1: gordo16 (big blind) showed [8d 7d] and lost with three of a kind, Sevens
Seat 2: Dariominieri (button) (small blind) showed [3s 6s] and won (2900) with a flush, King high

SnffnMrkrz 10-29-2007 05:25 PM

Re: Dario Minieri is just wayyy too good

i don't see what the problem is

TheProdigy 10-29-2007 05:25 PM

so standard.

WTF why are you playing this level if you're complaining about a hand like this

SnffnMrkrz 10-29-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

GSykes 10-29-2007 05:30 PM

Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Network Filter
gordo16 164 -$378 $4,745 -6% -$61,170 - PokerStars

jcmoussa 10-29-2007 05:32 PM

$1000 says you stack off on the turn no matter how played

gordo16 10-29-2007 05:34 PM

a.) I never claimed to be a good SNG player
b.) wasn't really complaining so much as showing a hand that I thought Dario played like a tard..

Gobias Ind. 10-29-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$5600 says you stack off on the turn no matter how played

[/ QUOTE ]

Keyser. 10-29-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Injection 10-29-2007 05:36 PM

Sick suck out, keep trying though.

SnffnMrkrz 10-29-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b.) wasn't really complaining so much as showing a hand

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on your reraising range, which clearly is light. When you have T9 there, you fold and he picks up a huge pot. So you got lucky and had trips.

gordo16 10-29-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$1000 says you stack off on the turn no matter how played

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt...

was just saying that shoving 6high spades there is retarded..

JSmith2007 10-29-2007 05:40 PM

Shoving a flush draw in a HU game is never retarded IMO. Obv I dont play a ton of HU, but I think Dario would accept the fact you held the nut flush knowing he made the right play by having the flush draw in the first place..if that makes much sense.

gordo16 10-29-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It depends on your reraising range, which clearly is light. When you have T9 there, you fold and he picks up a huge pot. So you got lucky and had trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I very rarely 3bet preflop, which is why this hand was bizarre to me...

Keyser. 10-29-2007 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I very rarely 3bet preflop, which is why this hand was bizarre to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was level 1 in a sng, why are you persisting with this.

luvetoholdem 10-29-2007 06:00 PM

lol awsome, your whooping him now.

k2, k7 for dario.

272 is flop.

Nice

JSmith2007 10-29-2007 06:05 PM

Oops, 107 = no good [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

JSmith2007 10-29-2007 06:06 PM

lol donkaments at 109 not winning for Dario.

gordo16 10-29-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if its even worth the argument, but the very fact that it was level 1 in the SNG is what made his push terrible... Late in the tournament, I don't say a damn about the push, its completely standard, but it was so early to donkey-shove his hand.

AlwaysWrong 10-29-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b.) wasn't really complaining so much as showing a hand that I thought Dario played like a tard..

[/ QUOTE ]

c.) Dario is a great SNG player.
d.) Good chance your thought is wrong.

gordo16 10-29-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c.) Dario is a great SNG player.
d.) Good chance your thought is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

laughable

Stinger88 10-29-2007 06:37 PM

this hand isn't really that bad for Dario. If he had KJ he probably would've pushed preflop tho

[Phill] 10-29-2007 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if its even worth the argument, but the very fact that it was level 1 in the SNG is what made his push terrible... Late in the tournament, I don't say a damn about the push, its completely standard, but it was so early to donkey-shove his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a heads up SnG right?

His shove isnt close to terrible. It isnt really all that standard at the same time but he has probably balanced his range and would play 88-AA and any K the same way.

Basically there is a LOT of FE and the calling range you have he has a solid chunk of equity against.

Its far from a donkey shove and blind size at this point in the SnG is irrelivent.

Also, your 3 bet w 78s is probably the most non-standard thing in the hand.

FF_Barret 10-29-2007 06:45 PM

the fact that dariominieri has had tons of experience playing 5000$ hu(he and leemur1 used to balla it up all the time before the turbos came in) makes me wonder what your problem is

Pasterbator 10-29-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf you reraised with 78s.

That means you would have raised with 9Ts, JTs, AQ, AJ, and tons of hands, ALL OF WHICH MISSED THE FLOP WHICH IS WHY HE PUSHED BC MOST OF THE TIME YOU MISSED THIS FLOP I CANT BELIEVE YOU PLAY $5K HU SNGS AND DONT UNDERSTAND THIS.

gordo16 10-29-2007 07:04 PM

The whole point is that I rarely 3bet preflop, so to him, my range should really be pretty limited. His FE there is actually pretty small, especially because this was the 3rd or 4th SNG that we had played and the action had been going fast and loose postflop. The only hands that I reasonably have in this spot that I maybe lay down are JJ, QQ, and AQ (obvious laydown).

Also, why are blinds and relative stack sizes irrelevant at this point in the SNG?

Ok, whatever, donkey-shove is maybe harsh. I was just surprised that he would push that hand in this spot where he realistically has very little FE.

Gotta love BBV... posters takin' a break from the 1/2 grind to tell me I have no place at the 5K SNGs.. (I mean, I probably dont, but meh)

futuredoc85 10-29-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point is that I rarely 3bet preflop, so to him, my range should really be pretty limited. His FE there is actually pretty small, especially because this was the 3rd or 4th SNG that we had played and the action had been going fast and loose postflop. The only hands that I reasonably have in this spot that I maybe lay down are JJ, QQ, and AQ (obvious laydown).

Also, why are blinds and relative stack sizes irrelevant at this point in the SNG?

Ok, whatever, donkey-shove is maybe harsh. I was just surprised that he would push that hand in this spot where he realistically has very little FE.

Gotta love BBV... posters takin' a break from the 1/2 grind to tell me I have no place at the 5K SNGs.. (I mean, I probably dont, but meh)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you tihnk he called pre w/ 63 to try and hit 2pr+?

salesbeast 10-29-2007 07:10 PM

Dario is also rich and therefore doesn't play scared....and if you look at the hand he played it like any other time in similar situation.

johnnyrocket 10-29-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is ultra aggressive, this is super standard, please dont post this weak sauce

jcg2005 10-29-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point is that I rarely 3bet preflop, so to him, my range should really be pretty limited. His FE there is actually pretty small, especially because this was the 3rd or 4th SNG that we had played and the action had been going fast and loose postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seem to contradict urself, no?

Bulletproof Monk 10-29-2007 07:47 PM

this hand is so standard.....

[Phill] 10-29-2007 07:48 PM

"The whole point is that I rarely 3bet preflop, so to him, my range should really be pretty limited...The only hands that I reasonably have in this spot that I maybe lay down are JJ, QQ, and AQ (obvious laydown)."

So you laydown everything in your supposed range that isnt TPTK, top set or AA?

You define this as being a low FE spot?

In fact, id imagine with your range being so tight his shove is even better (than if you 3 bet KQ and were willing to stack off with 88-QQ) but im way too lazy to do the math on it.

Also, yes, blinds are irrelivent if the shove is +EV. Dario was about $5.5k sure it was and he is a much better player than you or i.

rakemeplz 10-29-2007 07:51 PM

"Gotta love BBV... posters takin' a break from the 1/2 grind to tell me I have no place at the 5K SNGs.. (I mean, I probably dont, but meh)"

lol

Injection 10-29-2007 07:52 PM

I know this is BBV and bashing low-mid stakes fish is what we do and all, but [censored], OP plays 5k SnG's, enough with the glass tapping plz.

Pasterbator 10-29-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hands that I reasonably have in this spot that I maybe lay down are JJ, QQ, and AQ (obvious laydown).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you reraised with 87s. You're telling me you would have made a different play with 89s, JT and such?!

I love when people convince themselves that their range is something that its not.

Keyser. 10-29-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, stinger and pasterbator are such fish

futuredoc85 10-29-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

havent played w/ stinger but can confirm pasterbator is pretty bad

SnffnMrkrz 10-29-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only hands that I reasonably have in this spot that I maybe lay down are JJ, QQ, and AQ (obvious laydown).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you reraised with 87s. You're telling me you would have made a different play with 89s, JT and such?!

I love when people convince themselves that their range is something that its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% true

Pasterbator 10-29-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HU FOR ROLLZ + 10K FIGHT YO

MatthijsH 10-29-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.