Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   SEC football > all other football (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533584)

DannyOcean_ 10-29-2007 01:07 AM

SEC football > all other football

I'm pretty sure an SEC all-star team could beat some NFL teams... it would be competitive at least.

SEC

PAC-sissies
Suck-10
Suck-12
Big LEast
Another Crummy Conference
etc.

Ponies 10-29-2007 01:08 AM

Re: SEC football > all other football

They would lose by whatever amount the NFL team wanted to win by.

BowToYourSensei 10-29-2007 01:10 AM

lol?

BingoBango 10-29-2007 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure an SEC all-star team could beat some NFL teams... it would be competitive at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

aahhahahahahahahahah

Pac 10 ftw

its_just_me 10-29-2007 01:10 AM

buttSECs?

BowToYourSensei 10-29-2007 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not a chance. DUCY?

[ QUOTE ]
PAC-sissies

[/ QUOTE ]

you're out of your [censored] mind

NozeCandy 10-29-2007 01:11 AM

Please, the NFL would never allow the all-encompassing awesomeness that is any team from the SEC into their league. There would be no point to playing the Super Bowl since it would already be decided.

MiloMinderbinder 10-29-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who say stuff like this are retards. Every NFL team is already an all-NCAAF all-star team (and now with even more bulk and experience than when they played in school).

DannyOcean_ 10-29-2007 01:19 AM

I think a Tebow-led team from the SEC could be competitive with the Dolphins. The Dolphins are pretty damn bad. So are the Rams.

Also, LOL at the pac-10. We eat your children. UCLA is 4-1 in your bitch conference and they lost to ND. NOTRE DAME. Please don't ever talk smack again.

Edited: AND UTAH.

MiloMinderbinder 10-29-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a Tebow-led team from the SEC could be competitive with the Dolphins. The Dolphins are pretty damn bad. So are the Rams.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...ed/t1_bush.jpg

8.7 YPR 2005 NCAAF season
3.5 YPR 2007 NFL season

DannyOcean_ 10-29-2007 01:26 AM

ok so it's an teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeny bit overconfident of me. go have some sweet tea you bastards. Cleo Lemon is not a man to gamble on, and Jason Taylor might get hurt in a freak accident. A bus accident. That kills half the team. Then they'd win.

jupiterpig 10-29-2007 01:38 AM

ACC, except for this year, has quality teams imo

Claunchy 10-29-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa, I was about to call everyone a nit for jumping on you when it seemed clear that you were exaggerating in the OP. But if you're actually serious you need to think about this a little harder. The Rams would beat them by 50+.

I do think SEC > PAC10 top to bottom though. But it's close.

xxeximusxx 10-29-2007 01:57 AM

pac 10 > sec

pac10 allstar team would beat sec allstar team

Dave D 10-29-2007 01:59 AM

They used to do this until the late 70s IIRC, have the best college team play the worst NFL team, or something along thoes lines.

They stopped because the NFL team would crush too hard.

DannyOcean_ 10-29-2007 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pac 10 > sec

pac10 allstar team would beat sec allstar team

[/ QUOTE ]

UCLA. Vandy could beat them. they might win your conference. buahahahahaha.

An SEC all star defense would be ridiculous. PACsissy offense would just cry because they don't get to waltz into the endzone untouched like normal.

DannyOcean_ 10-29-2007 02:08 AM

SEC is on pace to have either 10 or 11 bowl eligible teams.

DannyOcean_ 10-29-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

VT, the second best or arguably the best team in the ACC (dominated BC for 56 minutes), got beat by LSU 48-7 imo.

BowToYourSensei 10-29-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

VT, the second best or arguably the best team in the ACC (dominated BC for 56 minutes), got beat by LSU 48-7 imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

cal, the #5 team in the pac-10, beat tennessee. tenn beat south carolina. south carolina beat kentucky. kentucky beat LSU

therefore, the #5 team in the entire pac-10 conference is better than the best the SEC hsa to offer

/thread

orange 10-29-2007 02:53 AM

okay, SEC football yeah, i think is stronger than the pac-10 and most (if not all) other conferences in NCAA.

but NFL team? are you on crack?

mike_coolbaugh 10-29-2007 02:53 AM

I shoulda coached Football

NozeCandy 10-29-2007 02:58 AM

Man if this is actually a serious thread, I don't even know what to say.

Post the non-conference games the SEC played this year. Outside of LSU-VA Tech, there is not one impressive game there. In fact, the SEC has lost quite a bit or barely beat bad teams. As far this defensive juggernaut you keep talking about, I have no idea where you get that.

mmbt0ne 10-29-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ACC Standings
ATLANTIC CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L
Boston College 4-0 8-0
Wake Forest 4-1 6-2
Clemson 3-2 6-2
Florida State 2-3 5-3
Maryland 1-3 4-4
North Carolina State 1-3 3-5

COASTAL CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L
Virginia 4-1 7-2
Virginia Tech 3-1 6-2
Miami (FL) 2-2 5-3
Georgia Tech 2-3 5-3
North Carolina 1-3 2-6
Duke 0-5 1-7

SEC Standings
EAST CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L
Georgia 4-2 6-2
Tennessee 3-2 5-3
South Carolina 3-3 6-3
Florida 3-3 5-3
Kentucky 2-3 6-3
Vanderbilt 2-3 5-3

WEST CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L
LSU 4-1 7-1
Alabama 4-1 6-2
Auburn 4-2 6-3
Mississippi State 2-3 5-4
Arkansas 1-3 5-3
Mississippi 0-6 2-7

Alabama - 14
FSU - 21

smk67 10-29-2007 11:24 AM

Yet LSU is not good enough to beat a mediocre Kentucky team and needed late game heroics to beat Auburn and Florida. Yeah, the SEC has plenty of good teams but in no way has a single great team this year. And, this LSU team has to win out to even have a chance at a MNC game, where they will struggle to beat whatever average team the east puts in the championship game. So congratulations on having 10 or 11 competitive teams, but nowhere in that depth is there a true champion.

BowToYourSensei 10-29-2007 11:28 AM

LSU also got outplayed by TULANE for the better part of 3 quarters

RunDownHouse 10-29-2007 11:34 AM

Look, ACC, you guys are good at basketball, ok? Trying to play football with the big boys is cute, and lately the SEC has been winning the basketball championships, but maybe just stick to what you know.

THEOSU 10-29-2007 11:44 AM

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/theosu/bcs.jpg

Franchise 60 10-29-2007 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Post the non-conference games the SEC played this year. Outside of LSU-VA Tech, there is not one impressive game there. In fact, the SEC has lost quite a bit or barely beat bad teams. As far this defensive juggernaut you keep talking about, I have no idea where you get that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who did the #1 team in the country play non conference? Noone, and the Big 10 sucks this year.

SEC teams don't have to play tough non conference games because their conference is so tough top to bottom.

Pac-10 is also a very strong conference this year. SEC is 1, Pac-10 is 2, then its a pretty big dropoff imo.

ConspirEDD 10-29-2007 11:49 AM

i was born in columbus, ohio, and I'm a buckeye for life. But honestly, I think they'd be even money at best against Auburn. In terms of ability, they are barely a top 10 team. really, who are ur top 5 teams, if they did a 16 team playoff-type system?

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma
3. Oregon
4. Florida
5. Georgia

Do you really think The Ohio State would be favored over any of these teams?

BowToYourSensei 10-29-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who did the #1 team in the country play non conference? Noone, and the Big 10 sucks this year.

SEC teams don't have to play tough non conference games because their conference is so tough top to bottom.

Pac-10 is also a very strong conference this year. SEC is 1, Pac-10 is 2, then its a pretty big dropoff imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 pac-10 teams in the top 5 of the BCS standings and an undefeated asu will leapfrog at least LSU (assuming they win out)

BowToYourSensei 10-29-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. LSU
4. Florida
5. Georgia

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololol

not even close

THEOSU 10-29-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was born in columbus, ohio, and I'm a buckeye for life. But honestly, I think they'd be even money at best against Auburn. In terms of ability, they are barely a top 10 team. really, who are ur top 5 teams, if they did a 16 team playoff-type system?

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma
3. Oregon
4. Florida
5. Georgia

[/ QUOTE ]

your first sentence is completely incongruent with everything else you've said.

ConspirEDD 10-29-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma
3. Oregon
4. Florida
5. Georgia

[/ QUOTE ]

your first sentence is completely incongruent with everything else you've said.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they setup a playoff system like this, I'd still bet on the buckeyes. My head and my heart don't lay in the same regions of america...

88jayhawks 10-29-2007 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 big 12 school in the top 10....

BowToYourSensei 10-29-2007 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 pac 10 schools in the top 5....

THEOSU 10-29-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 pac 10 schools in the top 5....

[/ QUOTE ]

1 big1t1en school in the top 1....

prodonkey 10-29-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma
3. Oregon
4. Florida
5. Georgia

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Ohio, really don't like OSU but obviously am forced to watch their games every week.. Their D is better than last year. Their O is putting up more points and finally they silenced most of the (but they haven't played a good team) haters by destroying Penn State.

This season reminds me of when they won the championship vs Miami, nobody expected them to do this well. They can hang with all 5 of those teams, the one that I think would beat Ohio State is Oregon. It will all be a moot point if OSU and BC win out though cuz LSU and Oklahoma and Oregon won't be able to catch either of them.

BowToYourSensei 10-29-2007 12:03 PM

anyway, the SEC may have top to bottom the best depth in the nation, but the top 5 in the pac 10 >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;> the top 5 in any other conference in the country. if you disagree you're a [censored] moron.

88jayhawks 10-29-2007 12:05 PM

lol i hate getting involved in threads like these. they're always a pissing contest. gl to all teams.

ConspirEDD 10-29-2007 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyway, the SEC may have top to bottom the best depth in the nation, but the top 5 in the pac 10 >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;> the top 5 in any other conference in the country. if you disagree you're a [censored] moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. SEC wins that argument. I'd be more than willing to place a prop bet on conference bowl games. SEC has bigger and faster athletes, but it is close.