Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Open Letter to the Roaches in My Apartment (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533421)

React1oN 10-28-2007 08:52 PM

Open Letter to the Roaches in My Apartment

Good afternoon, you scuttling bastards.

I tried to be reasonable with you. At first, we had a stable relationship. I knew you were there, and every now and then I'd see one of you, but in general you kept quiet and had the good sense to scurry for hiding when I turned the lights on. One of you periodically stepped out of line, and had to be squashed, and then everything went back to normal. If you had just continued in that manner, we could have lived this entire year in peaceful coexistence.

But no, you had to get greedy. I began to see you more frequently, and in larger numbers. Your lights-on scurry grew slower and slower and became more of a relaxed trot, then a walk. Eventually, you had the audacity to sit right where you were and shake your head feelers at me. You had gone too far. It was time for war.

I began periodic sweeps of the apartment, armed with paper towels, and squashed anything that moved. I removed every possible food source from anywhere you might be able to reach it, even adding extra layers of wrapping to items in the fridge, just in case one of you somehow managed to make it inside. A couple of times, I even turned the lights off and stood motionless for five minutes, then flicked them back on and rained horrible death upon whichever of you had been lured out. I really thought this would have been enough to make my point.

However, you continued to defy all logic and reasoning, and to multiply and grow bolder. Three of you ran across my foot once; I killed two, but left one alive (but severely maimed) to tell the tale... clearly, you were beginning to affect my sanity, and I needed to up the ante in order to regain the upper hand in the battle for control of my apartment. So, I added the roach spray to my arsenal. This had little effect and made my apartment smell extremely questionable; I guess you vermin won that round.

I notified the management company, who has always been very responsive to any problem I have had with the place. There was some vague talk of fumigating or spraying or some other unspecified pest removal solution; somehow it kept falling through the cracks, and nothing ever happened. Well, I'm not sure who you bribed or threatened for that little stunt, but it was time to show you little 6-legged thugs that I wasn't afraid of you, no matter what kind of "connections" you had.

I had no alternative, I had to buy the roach poison traps. The way these are supposed to work is this - the cockroach smells the tasty poison/food, wanders into the trap, eats, returns to his/her hiding place, and then dies. The practical result is that they should appear to vanish from your home like magic. However, you at my apartment had grown not only bold, but complacent. After eating, you all just kinda decided to hang out for a while, and as a result died in an odd sort of corpse constellation across my kitchen floor.

The destruction was horrific. Some of your dead were being carried off by those who survived, almost like soldiers dragging the wounded into foxholes. Many of you were still twitching, apparently writhing in agony from the effects of the poison. The ravages of war are never pretty, and being a gentle person, part of me felt a little bit of remorse.

But now you know that it is, as they say, "on", and I'll push you [censored] all the way back to apartment 601 if I have to...

Sincerely,
Fellow Apartment Dweller/Agent of your Doom

barncat 10-28-2007 08:54 PM

Re: Open Letter to the Roaches in My Apartment

lmao

Hurrrr 10-28-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

bmwguy525 10-28-2007 09:22 PM

well worded afaik

plzleenowhammy 10-28-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good afternoon, you scuttling bastards.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really really great! Should be in a movie, imo.

POKEROMGLOL 10-28-2007 09:25 PM

today my fiance goes "hey look a spider web"
and i responded, "but where is the spider?"

and then a roach flew across the room and crashed into the window. he was 4.5 inches long and felt the wrath of my shoe.

runningmarvel 10-28-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
today my fiance goes "hey look a spider web"
and i responded, "but where is the spider?"

and then a roach flew across the room and crashed into the window. he was 4.5 inches long and felt the wrath of my shoe.

[/ QUOTE ]
i bet you loved the mark it left [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

plzleenowhammy 10-28-2007 09:32 PM

suggestions for custom title for op..

tedfurlong 10-28-2007 09:38 PM

I see what you did there.

React1oN 10-28-2007 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]orly

Quicksilvre 10-28-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any of you were still twitching, apparently writhing in agony from the effects of the poison.

[/ QUOTE ]

A legitimate brag, nh

nuggetz87 10-28-2007 09:43 PM

well written u rule. probably #2 best thread today.

absoludicrous 10-28-2007 09:46 PM

This is good, makes my canned clam chowder enjoyable.

React1oN 10-28-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well written u rule. probably #2 best thread today.

[/ QUOTE ]thanks a lot bro

Nonfiction 10-28-2007 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of times, I even turned the lights off and stood motionless for five minutes, then flicked them back on and rained horrible death upon whichever of you had been lured out. I really thought this would have been enough to make my point.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is awesome.

KSOT 10-29-2007 03:03 AM

Your first mistake was not killing them as soon as you saw them.

Your second was thinking this will finish them off. They learn to avoid the poison. Roaches are geniuses.

furyshade 10-29-2007 03:11 AM

mate with one of their women, in a few generations the breed will be entirely mixed and our civilizations will be one

Das Budrick 10-29-2007 03:20 AM

thoroughly enjoyable read

this like almost makes me WANT to have a critter problem so I can go to war on those mother fukcers

burns-1986 10-29-2007 03:34 AM

Great read

A+

ConspirEDD 10-29-2007 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't read this place in awhile. plz tell me edfurlong is not banned.... plz

Labarde 10-29-2007 04:08 AM

Well written, enjoyable read, coolity [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Conspire 10-29-2007 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

this like almost makes me WANT to have a critter problem so I can go to war on those mother fukcers

[/ QUOTE ]

War is never pretty.

Very entertaining story reaction, also I have a strategy for you. You need to keep prisoners for interrogation purposes. Finding out where their base and General/President is located is a crucial move that you have not taken into effect. After you obtain that info you need to bomb their homes, kill their children and have sex with their wives.

MortalWombat 10-29-2007 11:45 AM

The only flaw in this is that roaches probably can't read imo.

THEOSU 10-29-2007 11:51 AM

outstanding effort, A+ would read again.

i'm pretty sure "fellow apartment dweller/agent of your doom" would be an outstanding title, though perhaps awkwardly long (he says as he looks at absoludicrous).

Conspire 10-29-2007 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no alternative, I had to buy the roach poison traps. The way these are supposed to work is this - the cockroach smells the tasty poison/food, wanders into the trap, eats, returns to his/her hiding place, and then dies. The practical result is that they should appear to vanish from your home like magic. However, you at my apartment had grown not only bold, but complacent. After eating, you all just kinda decided to hang out for a while, and as a result died in an odd sort of corpse constellation across my kitchen floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they eat it and go back into hiding until they die? You gonna have a bunch of dead roaches in your walls, ewwwwwwwwwwwww

ConspirEDD 10-29-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

War is never pretty.

Very entertaining story reaction, also I have a strategy for you. You need to keep prisoners for interrogation purposes. Finding out where their base and General/President is located is a crucial move that you have not taken into effect. After you obtain that info you need to bomb their homes, kill their wives and have sex with their children and then have sex with their wives .

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp, in that order

DBG 10-29-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only flaw in this is that roaches probably can't read imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gold.

Jazzy3113 10-29-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nemesis69 10-29-2007 12:17 PM

THUNDERDOME

iron81 10-29-2007 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only flaw in this is that roaches are dead imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

JackInDaCrak 10-29-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only flaw in this is that IT IS STOLEN imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/tpa/429958408.html

THEOSU 10-29-2007 12:37 PM

pwned.

i retract previous statements of positivity.

Funkert 10-29-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of times, I even turned the lights off and stood motionless for five minutes, then flicked them back on and rained horrible death upon whichever of you had been lured out.

[/ QUOTE ]

n1

React1oN 10-29-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only flaw in this is that IT IS STOLEN imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/tpa/429958408.html

[/ QUOTE ]OMG!!!!!

Lol, I just took the 2nd one from same Best of Craigs List as "Natural Selection" w/e post. Best of Craigs List is quality.

NozeCandy 10-29-2007 01:02 PM

Roach spray is so ballin. Just spray any cracks around your house that they might get in through before you leave for awhile. Leave a window open or something. Now whenever the roaches come into your house, they often will have walked through some raid and will be sprinting around and going nuts. It's hilarious. You can either watch them die slowly or just get some more spray and watch them twitch more. It's great.

Conspire 10-29-2007 01:04 PM

Roaches are not very balla imo.

goofyballer 10-29-2007 01:37 PM

I recently had a similar battle against fruit flies, and it was a long and difficult war of attrition before I finally emerged victorious. Well done OP.

Poofler 10-29-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently had a similar battle against fruit flies, and it was a long and difficult war of attrition before I finally emerged victorious. Well done OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone isn't reading the whole thread...

I had a very short battle with fruit flies. It involved me finding their base under a trash bag, and summarily Napalming those [censored] with Windex. Windex kills fruit flies good.

goofyballer 10-29-2007 01:42 PM

It sounds like OP is winning so props to him afaik.

Thanks for the Windex tip, there may still be stragglers left. I've basically been starving myself to avoid having to put food waste in the trash cause they really seem to like it there. It might help if I actually upgraded trash cans to the balla kind where you have to step on the lever on the bottom to make it open up instead of having the swinging lid which is already exposing the trash to the outside world.

Poofler 10-29-2007 01:56 PM

No I meant he just took if off Best of Craigslist.

Anyway, I suggest carrying Windex around with you all day. You see one, BAM, drops out of the sky.