Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Long Game Theme Repository (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533289)

Our House 10-28-2007 05:39 PM

Long Game Theme Repository

Between the games on POG and the games on USG, I figured it would be a good idea to compile a list of theme suggestions for mods to choose from. Since I started playing poker again, I need something to do while not at the tables. It might help kick start a few more games.

DMK's game should be over in a few days. USG is having AS2 (un-themed) and CPFB's Game (theme already chosen) within the next 2-3 weeks. Nez is probably running another game there after those. I'm not able to play in any USG games because I still need to be around with database access in case of any problems. That means my playing is limited to POG games for a decent amount of time. Someone please start a new WW long game here within the next week or two. Thanks.

Two themes that I came up with so far:

Managers/Owners Theme - People like Pete Rose, the guy from Enron, etc. versus people like Bill Gates (who finds the owner of Intel to create a new CPU), and so on. The possibilites are endless.

Austin Powers Theme - I don't think this has been used yet. It's pretty much self explanatory.

If you have any good ideas for themes, add them to the list. If you want to run a game with one of the themes from this thread, that's fine...first to post gets the theme. Anyone caught stealing themes from here without permission will be killed!

List To Add To:

Managers/Owners
Austin Powers

antidan444 10-28-2007 05:58 PM

Re: Long Game Theme Repository

I plan on figuring out a pro-wrestling theme to run one of these days.

antidan444 10-28-2007 05:59 PM

Also one of the best games I've played was the All-Info game (Hackerz) early this year.

Our House 10-28-2007 06:11 PM

C'mon Dan...humor me:

Managers/Owners
Austin Powers
Pro Wrestling

antidan444 10-28-2007 08:34 PM

Here's one I could do for sure:

The Princess Bride

antidan444 10-28-2007 08:36 PM

How about baseball — wolves = known steriod users.

Works for the Tour de Fr-whoops, no, they're all wolves.

antidan444 10-28-2007 08:38 PM

One of the baseball villagers would be Mike Lowell, for whom the count always starts with one ball.

soah 10-28-2007 08:55 PM

shouldn't there be a new game here starting soon?

antidan444 10-28-2007 08:58 PM

Soah,

Funny you should ask, I've been debating with myself whether I have the time to run Slow Game 4 within the next couple weeks.

(There's a game on OH's site starting next Monday.)

soah 10-28-2007 11:31 PM

I want a game starting tomorrow...

antidan444 10-28-2007 11:40 PM

I could try to run a turbo or two in that case ...

kokiri 10-30-2007 12:49 PM

i always thought that a star wars theme, with the evil empire as the village and the wolves as yoda n all that would be kinda cool.

Our House 10-30-2007 12:54 PM

I thought about that, but ran out of villagers. The reversal is pure genius.

Our House 10-30-2007 12:55 PM

Managers/Owners
Austin Powers
Pro Wrestling
Star Wars (sides switched)

clowntable 10-30-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i always thought that a star wars theme, with the evil empire as the village and the wolves as yoda n all that would be kinda cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was a Star Wars game already

Our House 10-30-2007 12:55 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Zurvan 10-30-2007 12:59 PM

Star Wars

clowntable 10-30-2007 01:00 PM

Doesn't mean there can't be another one. Just a FYI to read up on what characters were used there.

Our House 10-30-2007 01:21 PM

Managers/Owners
Austin Powers
Pro Wrestling
Reverse Star Wars (Original was done already. Make sure to use some differences.)

traz 10-30-2007 01:23 PM

I used to have a bunch of cool theme ideas, but alas, I have forgotten them all now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

HerbieGRD 10-30-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never had a bunch of cool theme ideas

[/ QUOTE ]
All of my theme ideas are either tremendously lame or would only be amusing to me

shortline99 10-30-2007 03:07 PM

AUSTIN POWERS

Evils:

Dr. Evil: Godfather. Peeks as "good agent."
Number 2: Must be lynched twice, or lynched and then must die during the immediately following night.
Frau: Evil roleblocker.
Goldmember: Votebuyer. Can switch one vote at nightfall.
Fat Bastard: No powers.
Fembot Vanessa: Peeks as Vanessa. No powers.

Goods:

Austin Powers: Village vigilante. May kill every night.
Foxxy Cleopatra: Seer.
Good Vanessa: Seer. Peeks as Vanessa.
Felicity Shagwell: Good roleblocker.
Basil Exposition: Good votebuyer. Can switch one vote at nightfall.
Fook Mi and Fook Yu: Masons with no other powers besides communication. One dies if the other is targeted for death.

Mrs. Kensington: A doctor with 75% protection. Cannot protect seer (0%). ALSO peeks as Vanessa. Looks each night for Fembot Vanessa. If found, Fembot Vanessa dies and Mrs. Kensington leaves game victorious. If Mrs. Kensington finds Good Vanessa, they become masons.

Other various good agents that all peek as "good agent." One gets a revenge kill if lynched. One gets a night kill on n3 if still alive.

Neutrals:

Nigel Powers: Searches at night for either Austin Powers or Dr. Evil, submitting one name each time. If he finds one before dying, he leaves the game victorious. If Austin Powers is found, the good team is punished. If Dr. Evil is found, the evil team is punished.

Scott Evil: Angsty serial killer. Wins if he is the last one standing, or if the only people left standing besides himself are some combination of Nigel Powers/Austin Powers/Dr. Evil/Frau/MiniMe.

MiniMe: Starts out as Evil Terrorist, winning with Evils. Does not know evils. If targeted for death by Austin Powers or targeted at night by Nigel Powers, becomes village role with no powers (which will be announced in thread without outing anyone).

obv feel free to tweak. i'd like to see this run, but i couldn't do it.

Our House 10-30-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fat Bastard: No powers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cheap, man. Very cheap.

Our House 10-30-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neutrals:

[b]Fricken Sharks With Fricken Laser Beams Attached To Their Fricken Heads: Kills anyone who happens to find Dr. Evil's lair.

[/ QUOTE ]

RoundTower 11-10-2007 03:22 AM

was there a time travel game once?

I'd like to run a
http://www.movies2go.biz/shop/images...re_trilogy.jpg
game.

I'm not sure if it will be a regular WW game with a cool theme or if it will involve some kind of time travel craziness.

Mark_K 11-10-2007 03:44 AM

I was kicking around a poker tournament WW game. Where players stacks are their lives. Everyone starts with 5 chips. You can optionally flip with another person for 1 chip at a time. Wolves "eat" five total chips from the group of tournament players each night and give them to any player/players they want. Anyone that has a stack of zero is dead. Players lynch one person each evening. Players get one vote per chip. All chip stacks are public knowledge.

I was thinking a one hand per day, GUTS game could be mixed in as part of the fun...

Anyway, that's the VERY rough idea...

antidan444 11-10-2007 03:49 AM

Holy crap, Mark ... I have no idea what a "GUTS" game is, but the concept for the game sounds awesome.

Mark_K 11-10-2007 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap, Mark ... I have no idea what a "GUTS" game is, but the concept for the game sounds awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guts is basically 2 card poker... But I think any game could work, e.g. like 5 card draw. It just needs a simplified betting round. (ideally one round)

clowntable 11-10-2007 08:34 AM

I like the idea eventhough I think wolves getting the chips of the eaten player would make this fairly easy for the village [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]