Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   What do you prefer to have when Re Rraised (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533160)

fearless2k 10-28-2007 01:52 PM

What do you prefer to have when Re Rraised

Ok so apart from AA KK Obv,

what do you guys prefer to have when Reraised (RRd) by some1 in Position with 100BB effective stacks no real history semi decent player (not reraising AA KK AK only)

Esp How do u play KJ J10 KQ and small PP type hands, and what is "general plan" after the flop (i know its player dependant etc etc)

My currnt play is just to fold OOP, call w small pairs hoping to flop the set and maybe get his whole stack (not too big a RR Obv, lookin for around 10:1 so its a profiable play not just breakeven)

but i have a feeling this maybe too weak tight. its mainly at nl400 so no real Metagame or things to take into account. most ppl forget the last hand pretty quickly..

DMoogle 10-28-2007 01:59 PM

Re: What do you prefer to have when Re Rraised

In regards to small PPs for set value... this is typically a very -EV play when OOP. When you're against a higher PP, you need 9:1 to be breakeven (7:1 to flop a set, 9:1 to flop a set and not be against an overset). So you need better than 9:1 to profit IF he goes broke with his overpair EVERY TIME, which isn't going to happen all that often (e.g. JJ on K-8-3 flop).

Add in the fact that most good MSNL players are RRing with a MUCH wider range than JJ+, calling the RR with a small PP for set value becomes quite a -EV play.

fearless2k 10-28-2007 02:06 PM

ok so how about the KJ KQ J10 type of hands, bcuse floping TP is pretty sick as u r behing when it gets AI anyways

AcTiOnJaCsOn 10-28-2007 02:17 PM

8 9 suited

hotbacon 10-28-2007 02:19 PM

prob kq

FireStorm 10-28-2007 03:04 PM

In general there can't really be many situations in which entering 3 bet pots with KQ/KJ/JT/QT etc is a good thing for you. As far as small PP, based on stack sizes you may not even have the implied odds to enter the pot. If your opponent's three-bet is to $40-$50 with a $400 stack, it's borderline impossible to be +EV with a hand that lacks power other then set value.

xorbie 10-28-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In general there can't really be many situations in which entering 3 bet pots with KQ/KJ/JT/QT etc is a good thing for you

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

luegofuego 10-28-2007 03:12 PM

easily KQ etc

FireStorm 10-28-2007 03:34 PM

Not false at all. You like calling three-bets OOP against 100 BB stacks with QT?

Montezuma21 10-28-2007 03:34 PM

Why KQ? It seems to me that it's got horrible RIO, no?

mustmuck 10-28-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to small PPs for set value... this is typically a very -EV play when OOP. When you're against a higher PP, you need 9:1 to be breakeven (7:1 to flop a set, 9:1 to flop a set and not be against an overset). So you need better than 9:1 to profit IF he goes broke with his overpair EVERY TIME, which isn't going to happen all that often (e.g. JJ on K-8-3 flop).

Add in the fact that most good MSNL players are RRing with a MUCH wider range than JJ+, calling the RR with a small PP for set value becomes quite a -EV play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that you generally shouldn't set mine OOP against a 3 bet, but are you sure about the 9-1 bit? Seems a bit high for flopping set over set. Perhaps if you include getting sucked out on after you flop a set?

g-p 10-28-2007 03:55 PM

ill play anything except offsuit trash

im asking to be exploited but no one tries

luegofuego 10-28-2007 03:59 PM

what the hell is RIO

i choose KQ because i will get a good made hand or a decent enough draw almost half the time or so. thats pretty awesome when comparing it to the 7:1 on deuces.

Montezuma21 10-28-2007 04:13 PM

RIO= Reverse Implied Odds

I mean, if we flop a Q or a K we can't really fold, and AA/KK/AQ/AK take us to valuetown every time, but most hands we're ahead of will be able to get away fairly cheap.

RiverHebrew2 10-28-2007 04:30 PM

I disagree w/ u; I think at NL$400 metagame starts applying (even at NL$200). Personally, KJ, JT, and KQ IMO shouldn't be played in reraised pots, because if u play a big pot with them, chances are you're [censored] (unless u flopped top two or nut straight, etc). Calling reraises with small pairs is ok, so that's I guess the hand I prefer to have when reraised preflop by a player in position and we both have normal stacks.

MatthewRyan 10-28-2007 04:32 PM

id rather have QK then 22-77

vancouverspecial 10-28-2007 04:36 PM

sounds like everyone 4bets ak everytime?

oyvindgee 10-28-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree w/ u; I think at NL$400 metagame starts applying (even at NL$200). Personally, KJ, JT, and KQ IMO shouldn't be played in reraised pots, because if u play a big pot with them, chances are you're [censored] (unless u flopped top two or nut straight, etc). Calling reraises with small pairs is ok, so that's I guess the hand I prefer to have when reraised preflop by a player in position and we both have normal stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling reraises with small PPs OOP is usually not okay with 100BB against any decent player. You DO NOT HAVE ODDS to flop a set and continuing without one is extremely difficult.

luvetoholdem 10-28-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8 9 suited

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats my pick also.

stinkpaw 10-28-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is RIO

i choose KQ because i will get a good made hand or a decent enough draw almost half the time or so. thats pretty awesome when comparing it to the 7:1 on deuces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think average opponent is really 3-betting with AJ and if you hit top pair you are actually good? Maybe in 6-max but I'm a FR nit...

oyvindgee 10-28-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a FR nit...

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding

Kwantum 10-28-2007 04:54 PM

It depends on which opponent 3-bets me, but generally I will pitch AJ/AT/KQ/KJ/QJ/QT/JT and small pairs when I'm OOP. Having initiative with these hands is paramount in 3-bet pots.

In position though, these hands have good value and you're giving up a lot by folding them (even though you are dominated *sometimes*), especially against aggressive 3-bettors.

OOP though, I would prefer to obviously have a big hand... beyond that I would prefer a mid pocket pair like 77-TT and then sometimes calling with suited connectors.

DMoogle 10-28-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a FR nit...

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT...

Maybe a year ago you should fold KQ all day, but nowadays KQ is way ahead of an average 3-bettor's range.

fearless2k 10-28-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on which opponent 3-bets me, but generally I will pitch AJ/AT/KQ/KJ/QJ/QT/JT and small pairs when I'm OOP. Having initiative with these hands is paramount in 3-bet pots.

In position though, these hands have good value and you're giving up a lot by folding them (even though you are dominated *sometimes*), especially against aggressive 3-bettors.

OOP though, I would prefer to obviously have a big hand... beyond that I would prefer a mid pocket pair like 77-TT and then sometimes calling with suited connectors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this thinking more, simply put i do not like stackin off wth the KJ KQ type hand if i hit top pair, but i am fairly confident i have way the best of it if i flop the set..

but what do u do with thse hands (KQ KJ etc.. ) if u call the rereiase and miss the flop but the flop also comes down rainbow rags, do u ever go for a CR AI? or another bluffy line, Calling and Chk folding on a missed flop 100% of the time is surly a bad play?

oyvindgee 10-28-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling and Chk folding on a missed flop 100% of the time is surly a bad play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how you define a missed flop. Gutshot and overcards can sometimes be plenty to crai with.