Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Doyle's Room welcomes back US players...except.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532687)

MrGo 10-27-2007 04:17 PM

Doyle\'s Room welcomes back US players...except..

Due to local restrictions, players residing in the following states may not play at DoylesRoom.com: Illinois • Indiana • Louisiana • Michigan • New Jersey • New York • Nevada • Oregon • South Dakota • Utah • Wisconsin • Washington.
If you live in one of these states, you received this email in error. Please accept our apology.

What a joke!

dibbs 10-27-2007 04:19 PM

Re: Doyle\'s Room welcomes back US players...except..

THIS IS THE FIRST I'VE HEARD OF THIS!

MrGo 10-27-2007 04:20 PM

I got the e-mail...I'll post it...

DoylesRoom.com is back in the USA!!!

We are back! As of October 19th, 2007 US Players are once again welcome to play in our poker room.

We are so excited to be able to bring you back to new and improved software, over 20,000 concurrent players and more than $4,000,000 in monthly guaranteed tournaments along with a bad beat jackpot, the famous Bounty Tournament and plenty of unique features designed by people who really know and love the game of poker!

We’re so sure you are going to love playing here again that we’re even going to give you one Bounty Tournament Rebate even if you already received a rebate in the past. Our Bounty Tournament plays every week on Wednesday nights. Check out www.doylesroom.com for full details.

Also watch out for our new $25,000 exclusive weekly guaranteed tournaments starting in November. Since we’re only just back in the US there may not be too much competition for the $25k! All value seekers take note...

Everything in your account is right where you left it. All you have to do is log in. The first step is to download our new software at http://www.doylesroom.com/download.

You will then need to follow the steps to log in. Use your old screenname queenofclub as your username and then choose a new alias (this can be the same as your username if it is not in use by another player). Once you have logged in, click on the BANK button in the lobby and if you have an existing balance, it will automatically be added to your account. Check out this link for quick answers to common questions about our new software: http://www.doylesroom.com/support/software_us.cfm.

We’re here and proud to be back! Our award-winning customer support department is still one of the few that offers email, telephone, and live chat support 24/7.

See you back at the tables!

DoylesRoom Customer Support

Due to local restrictions, players residing in the following states may not play at DoylesRoom.com: Illinois • Indiana • Louisiana • Michigan • New Jersey • New York • Nevada • Oregon • South Dakota • Utah • Wisconsin • Washington.
If you live in one of these states, you received this email in error. Please accept our apology.

F. McSimmons 10-27-2007 04:28 PM

lol

ICMoney 10-27-2007 04:51 PM

I'm not in one of those states.

Transferring my whole roll from FT now.

So excited !!!!1111one!!!eleven!!!

KSOT 10-27-2007 05:25 PM

A - This is standard for Prima sites.

B - Doyle's Room is NOT on the same network anymore tards.

BigBiceps 10-27-2007 05:42 PM

Do we get rakeback on the new Doyle's room if we had it on the old Doyle's room?

Also, if you transferred your account to FTP and already had an affiliate there, have you lost your old affiliate?

shipitkthx 10-27-2007 05:52 PM

Will someone explain to me why all you americans are so happy about being able to play on a network that you have never been banned from???

MrGo 10-27-2007 06:29 PM

You americans... lol

questions 10-27-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will someone explain to me why all you americans are so happy about being able to play on a network that you have never been banned from???

[/ QUOTE ]

Because according to Doyle's PR team, we're supposed to be.

Also, we remember it from the days when it was Tribeca, and as with Party, the players there were AWFUL and some of us made a lot of money.

Backspin20 10-27-2007 06:46 PM

That room was just as good as party was IMO but that is long past. Different network differnt players. You cant forget the way we got kicked out either...I wont be returning

questions 10-27-2007 07:19 PM

I made WAY more on Doyle's/Tribeca than Party, but yeah, I was pissed how they kicked us out. Still, money's money, and Prima's network seems softer than the other major networks.

Annorax 10-27-2007 07:54 PM

If I remembered the user/pass I used on that hellhole, I'd go back and check it out. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

excession 10-27-2007 08:07 PM

Yes but Tribeca merged into iPoker.
US players have always been able to play on Prima (excluded states excepted) and it's unlikely that Doyle's will offer the best RB deal for the Prima network as a whole..

Albino Lord 10-27-2007 08:19 PM

Why those states in particular? Logic tells me its because online gambling is illegal in those states, but I know for a fact some that have banned it are not on that list, and I highly doubt Nevada's state gov't has done so.

questions 10-27-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes but Tribeca merged into iPoker.
US players have always been able to play on Prima (excluded states excepted) and it's unlikely that Doyle's will offer the best RB deal for the Prima network as a whole..

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this "rakeback" of which you speak??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't believe we are discussing WPEX. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

StellarWind 10-27-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and I highly doubt Nevada's state gov't has done so.

[/ QUOTE ]
States like Nevada tend to pass laws against internet gambling. New Jersey (Atlantic City) is another good example. It's partially an anticompetitive measure to protect the local gaming industry. Also these states are just in the habit of thinking about gaming and thinking often leads to passing laws. States that focus on normal industries like corn, steel, and tires are often less inclined to waste time on up-to-date internet gaming legislation.

Benholio 10-28-2007 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why those states in particular? Logic tells me its because online gambling is illegal in those states, but I know for a fact some that have banned it are not on that list, and I highly doubt Nevada's state gov't has done so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevada was one of the first states to expressly prohibit internet gambling.

excession 10-28-2007 04:52 AM

I'm not sure if all the RB deals that us Euros get are available to US players but my RB on Prima is 50% (with no minimum hand requirement.)

I don't play there much as iPoker has worse players (no US at all), more players and I get 55% RB equivalent there, but if I was a US player and could find enough games at the level I needed on Prima I would certainly consider it as it's a lot softer than Stars or FTP..

Webster 10-29-2007 04:55 PM

Yea - they closed up on me and STILL have my $$ - I tried to contact them and nothing!!!

peatr999 10-29-2007 05:45 PM

why are people so excited like this is big news? is there something different about Doyle's room than the other prima skins that I'm missing?

romanwarrior 10-29-2007 05:49 PM

doyles accepts epassporte, from what I have seen other sites like battlefield doesn't

dibbs 10-29-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are people so excited like this is big news? is there something different about Doyle's room than the other prima skins that I'm missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

As stated above, at a glance people seem to think it's the same network as it was before, full of Scots and Brits that almost seem to be genetically engineered to be terrible at poker.

But it's actually just some Prima skin with less rakeback, but with some different deposit options from what people have said.

inyourface 10-29-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
full of Scots and Brits that almost seem to be genetically engineered to be terrible at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets not go crazy here, thats a bit of a stupid statement to make lol, by definition there are the most fish from USA as you have the largest online population. But thats another sweeping statement I wouldn't make because it is so easily countered.

peatr999 10-29-2007 08:10 PM

so people give up a % of rakeback for using epassport over quicktender? thats odd, i'd rather have the extra money

dibbs 10-29-2007 08:19 PM

It's in no way a statement about the intelligence of the places. Americans suck at poker too. People are people.

If I was given a choice to only play online poker with one area of the world, I would choose the UK, because in my experience the congestion of bad players from that area is like nothing I have ever seen in my years playing online poker. I still get a chubby when I even hear names like Cardiff and Glasgow, and I haven't played Tribeca in about a year [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]