Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   iPoker 'Winner Stays On' Heads up Challenge. NLTRN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530046)

suzannea 10-24-2007 04:22 AM

iPoker \'Winner Stays On\' Heads up Challenge. NLTRN

This is starting in November and is a heads up competition on iPoker.
It's called the King of Cash Heads Up Challenge.

The King wins $1000 every time he beats a challenger, and gets to 'stay on' against the next challenger...

Gesangsverein 10-24-2007 04:41 AM

Re: iPoker \'Winner Stays On\' Heads up Challenge.

how do you become "king" ?!

dboy23 10-24-2007 04:54 AM

oh dam thats tight. I bet the stacks will get freaking huge.

PrimordialAA 10-24-2007 04:55 AM

yea... plz go on

rufia 10-24-2007 05:46 AM

where can i find more info?

dboy23 10-24-2007 06:03 AM

ipoker is US or no?

alavet 10-24-2007 06:09 AM

provide us more info pls

ipp147 10-24-2007 07:27 AM

I found a blog with some stuff on it and it seems that you need to earn a boatload of the ipoker points (each network calls them something else) and then you can presumably "sign-up" to the HU game.

daveT 10-24-2007 02:07 PM

Sadly iPoker is off limits to US (us) players. That place was huge tank. No good players knew about it one year ago.

suzannea 10-25-2007 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I found a blog with some stuff on it and it seems that you need to earn a boatload of the ipoker points (each network calls them something else) and then you can presumably "sign-up" to the HU game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it seems to be aimed at VIP players but I mailed them and they said that $5 Heads up qualifiers will soon be available as well so I'll be able to play them.

I don't want to be spam so dont know how to tell you more details about where to play in this comp. It's a new promo so I guess they'll publicise it soon so you will find out then.

xSCWx 10-25-2007 06:23 AM

The thread itself is spam. Making us look for it just makes it annoying spam instead of possibly interesting spam.

cwar 10-25-2007 06:48 AM

EDIT: That was mean shouldnt have said anything...

suzannea 10-25-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where can i find more info?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been announced now on iPoker so i've asked about it in the Bonuses section to see if there are other skins giving a better deal for the tokens.

ChicagoRy 10-25-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thread itself is spam. Making us look for it just makes it annoying spam instead of possibly interesting spam.

[/ QUOTE ]

He told us where the challenge was located, I Poker. And the amount of money involved down the line, 1k if you beat the "KING." Probably thread worthy, definitely high quality for the LC thread though.

raze 10-25-2007 11:57 PM

Very interesting!

I just checked the Titan site, no mention of it, nor from my VIP rep.

rufia 10-26-2007 05:51 AM

neither in ipoker.com...

BRpokah 10-26-2007 10:10 PM

Found it.Hope this is ok to post.

http://www.pokerutd.com/vip/King_of_Cash

Ashley Revell 10-27-2007 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's it. What do you think of it?

[Phill] 10-27-2007 05:47 AM

Looks pretty good.

There arent many details on the site and ive a load of questions, but ill wait till its rolled out across all the skins and ill see if i can get anything swung my way since im top level VIP on my skin.

I guess the key question is what the $5 satt gets you, because i cant see it being a bronze token looking over the payout scale and stuff.

BRpokah 10-27-2007 10:04 AM

I could be wrong but it looks to me like it's gonna be a competition from this particular skin rather than from the iPoker network.

It seems that they created this promotion instead of the usual VIP clubs from the other iPoker skins.Which doesn't seem a good deal(in my case at least).

ChicagoRy 10-27-2007 05:40 PM

Yea it looks like the highest level gets you like 10% rakeback a month if you're breakeven HU. Or 15%, I forgot what it came out to when I looked it over yesterday.

rooonaldo 10-28-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea it looks like the highest level gets you like 10% rakeback a month if you're breakeven HU. Or 15%, I forgot what it came out to when I looked it over yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work it out as more like 30% if you win your first game, with each additional win worth another 30%, per win.
But only 10% if you lose your first heads up...!!

BRpokah 10-28-2007 09:18 AM

A player who wins 50% of their games will win on average aprox. $1500(any mathematicians to confirm?) at the highest level or 30% rakeback if they collect the exact 100,000 poker points needed on the month which is actually not that bad.
But I still think there are better deals out there.

rooonaldo 10-29-2007 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A player who wins 50% of their games will win on average aprox. $1500(any mathematicians to confirm?) at the highest level or 30% rakeback if they collect the exact 100,000 poker points needed on the month which is actually not that bad.
But I still think there are better deals out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you need to take into account that the Tokens they give away can't be cashed out.
You HAVE to play heads up games with them. So there should be a lot of players that are only playing the heads up because they have to, to try and win the money.
Therefore there should be a lot of easy games on there and so the 50% win rate you mention will be much higher..

ChicagoRy 10-29-2007 03:33 PM

For every $1 in fee each player generates, he will receive 20 Points.

5k in rake = 100k pts then.

That gives you a King token and you get 1k if you win your match, 500 if you lose. If you're evenly matches with your opponent you can expect to win 750 from this.

750 dollars for 5k rake is 15% rakeback, no?

And yea, you keep your King token if you win, but if you're paying 5k rake a month you're likely going to keep playing that much and get a King token every month anyways.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you play one of these matches a month regardless if you win or lose, right?

ChicagoRy 10-29-2007 03:37 PM

Oh you already get rakeback with these pts basically.

"Bonuses are issued automatically - For every 600 Points you earn, $5 will be redeemed from your Pending Bonus Dollars account and converted into real money."

So basically 5 dollars for every 30 dollars in rake is given back to you already, or a little above 16%.

So I guess this added bonus thing is a nice bonus to get you above 30% rb if you're even EV or better at these HU games.

BRpokah 10-29-2007 06:33 PM

I'm pretty sure that if you win your first game you get to play another one on the same month until you lose.That's how I found the $1500 and 30% RB.
As for the bonus it's just if you have a bonus pending on your account(such as sign-up bonus), so during the period you have a sign-up bonus you can actually get a nice
30%+16% = 46% RB

rooonaldo 10-30-2007 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that if you win your first game you get to play another one on the same month until you lose.That's how I found the $1500 and 30% RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it sems that you get to keep playing until you lose a game.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the bonus it's just if you have a bonus pending on your account(such as sign-up bonus), so during the period you have a sign-up bonus you can actually get a nice
30%+16% = 46% RB

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this is how i worked it out.(this includes sign up bonus).
If you lose your king of cash heads up game then you get just 10%+16%=26% ($500 for losing plus 16% sign up bonus)

If you win your first game you get 20%+ 16%+ (10%or 20%)= 46% or 56% depending on the result in your second game($1000 first prize plus 16% sign up bonus PLUS another King Token which will be worth at least another $500)

If you win your second game you've made 16% + 20% + 20% + (10%or 20%) = 66% or 76% RB

It's tough to get my head around this but it seems each heads up win is equivalent to either 20% if you lose the game after, or 30% if you win. ???

BRpokah 10-30-2007 12:19 PM

Basically you can view this as if they will give you $500 regardless or 10% RB, because you will eventually lose a game.
And every game you win you get an extra $1000 or 20%
Adding the sign-up bonus you'll get:
- 16% + 10% = 26% if you lose your 1st game
- 16% + 10% + 20% = 46% if you lose your 2nd game
- 16% + 10% + 20% + 20% = 66% if you lose your third game
and so on

Ashley Revell 10-31-2007 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty good.

There arent many details on the site and ive a load of questions, but ill wait till its rolled out across all the skins and ill see if i can get anything swung my way since im top level VIP on my skin.

I guess the key question is what the $5 satt gets you, because i cant see it being a bronze token looking over the payout scale and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right.
There's a 200 poker point Heads up SNG that can win you a Level 1 Token. Then you need to get to Level 5 to win a Bronze token.

rooonaldo 11-02-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't any more $5 satelites but they are giving away a token to every new player that signs up. It;s the only way ill get one cos ill never make enough points in a month.