Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Journeyman (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529531)

snewland22 10-23-2007 03:50 PM

Journeyman

There was a thread some time ago regarding this show but I'm an idiot and can't find it. In any event, everyone should be watching this. Its now one of my favorite shows. Apparently its ratings are declining slightly and this is unacceptable. This show cannot be cancelled, so watch it for christ sakes. McKidd is the truth.
Also, does anyone else who watches wish that McKidd would ask Livia why Taye Diggs kept living the same day over and over again. I need to know.

BPA234 10-23-2007 04:07 PM

Re: Journeyman

I thought this show's pilot was promising. I now see that it is just going to be a gay version of Quantum Leap (which in and of itself was pretty gay, imo).

RoundGuy 10-23-2007 04:15 PM

Is this that show about a guy, you know, who does stuff? And then some stuff happens, and then it all turns out good in the end? Ok, I'll be sure to watch it.

stabn 10-23-2007 04:18 PM

His ex went down in hotness the more i saw of her so i haven't watched this show for the last two weeks. I might watch it on nbc.com but i'm kinda lazy.

snewland22 10-23-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this show's pilot was promising. I now see that it is just going to be a gay version of Quantum Leap (which in and of itself was pretty gay, imo).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I remember people comparing it to Quantum Leap. I'm too young for QL so that doesn't affect me. It pains me that no one has chimed in with good things to say about the show. Makes me think there is something wrong with my TV judgment.

DDH 10-23-2007 05:00 PM

I watched a couple of episodes, and found it rather, meh. No real desire to watch anymore.

DonkeyKongSr 10-23-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I remember people comparing it to Quantum Leap. I'm too young for QL so that doesn't affect me. It pains me that no one has chimed in with good things to say about the show. Makes me think there is something wrong with my TV judgment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch Quantum Leap. It's better. I love Quantum Leap and just think this show is sorta okay.

DeuceKicker 10-23-2007 05:18 PM

The ex's hotness factor did plummet this week due to some poor choices by the wardrobe dept, but I still like the show.

It looks like this week he solved his money issues, but the solution may come back to bite him in the ass later because of the liquor store hold-up. Failing to file the McCleen (aka D.B. Cooper) story may also hurt his job prospects as the paper looks to cut costs.

I liked the sequence when his son saw his "magic", and it avoided the common pitfall of season-long misunderstandings that could be avoided by a five-minute conversation. On the other hand, I'm getting frustrated that he isn't grilling his ex about how everything works. This week it looked like he had quite a bit of time with her (they were strolling leisurely down the street, chatting) and he didn't try to find out what her roll is, where she goes when she isn't warping into his adventures, who/what she thinks is behind everything, etc...

Still, all in all, I think the show has some pretty smart writing. They're fixing the quick fixes at a decent pace while still maintaining some mystery.

Grue 10-23-2007 05:33 PM

The discussion with the doctor was a big letdown. Also they would fix like all of their problems if they just let on to his brother whats going on.. but then of course we wouldn't have the whole "will his wife hook up with his brother" storyline that will continue to annoy us. zzz.

Five-Star 10-23-2007 06:00 PM

I saw it last night for the first time. I thought it was pretty good. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I'll watch it again to see how it goes. The part where his kid saw his "magic" was great. There can be a lot of potential for a show like this.

jogsxyz 10-23-2007 06:25 PM

I watched half of the first show. Hated it. It flashed
backwards, forwards, and sideways. Couldn't follow the plot and didn't care. Just turned it off.

What's this San Francisco Register?
Women's Murder Club also has the
San Francisco Register. No such paper.
Think neither show film their scenes in
San Francisco.

deadbody 10-23-2007 09:46 PM

I liked this show when it was Quantum Leap, Hollywood has the creativity of a sloth on heroin.

donut lover 10-24-2007 12:17 AM

i have watched the show from the beginning..it wont last..there are way to many loose ends, and it is so un-realistic...there is never any closure on his disapearences, such as him vanishing on the plane...nothing at all,the following week they are on the no fly list...??>>wtf...wouldnt you want to know why his old girlfriend is there?? why?what?..and his wife? whars the story...is she gonna hook back up with his brother??....oh yeah....they have failed to mention so far(4 weeks now) how he took his wife from his own brother???...but...i, for some reason keep watching this trainwreck....

gisb0rne 10-24-2007 12:47 AM

I like the show. Quantum Leap had no consequences in his "real" life, while this show obviously does and that makes it interesting. It's clear that he's trying to find some explanation about what is going on so hopefully that will be resolved at some point.

wonderwes 10-24-2007 01:15 AM

Never seen it, looks like a good show. Shows like this is are probably way more enjoyable if you watch it on HD with a good stereo hookup.

DeuceSeven 10-24-2007 03:19 AM

I'm still on the fence with this one. The last episode was pretty good.

Milo 10-24-2007 10:22 AM

I'm really liking the show. Still, I'd like to see them get rid of the Jack problem by just letting him in on the whole shebang. I'm sure he could find some way of convincing the guy.

snewland22 10-24-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have watched the show from the beginning..it wont last..there are way to many loose ends, and it is so un-realistic...there is never any closure on his disapearences, such as him vanishing on the plane...nothing at all,the following week they are on the no fly list...??>>wtf...wouldnt you want to know why his old girlfriend is there?? why?what?..and his wife? whars the story...is she gonna hook back up with his brother??....oh yeah....they have failed to mention so far(4 weeks now) how he took his wife from his own brother???...but...i, for some reason keep watching this trainwreck....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, there are some loose ends. You don't want all the answers right away do you? I agree that he doesn't grill his ex enough about what her role is (he tried to the first few shows though), but I can overlook that along with a few other problems (vanishing at work or in crowds with no one noticiing, etc.) And I thought the talk with the doctor was pretty cool and made for a great scene. We'll obviously see more of him in the future.

istewart 10-24-2007 12:10 PM

This show has some creative ideas, but the lead actor is one of the worst actors I've seen on TV the past few years. He's [censored] awful.

DeuceKicker 10-24-2007 12:18 PM

Awful? Nobody talks that way about Lucius Vorenus.

He has an English/Scottish accent that comes through from time to time. If it weren't for the brother storyline, they could have just made him Brittish and avoided that problem.

snewland22 10-24-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This show has some creative ideas, but the lead actor is one of the worst actors I've seen on TV the past few years. He's [censored] awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way you are serious. A. McKidd is a pretty good actor. B. Even if you don't think he's good, there is no way he's even close to some of the idiots on TV lately that call themselves "actors".

keepitreal 10-24-2007 05:36 PM

i wish i cared more about what he travels back in time to "fix" but i find myself too often being unsatisfied with the future resolution. this past week was just void of me caring. and while sometimes it has been slightly better, it would make me happier to see these people in the future help his life or the lives of those around him....otherwise im left asking why he is really supposed to be doing this.

it would also be cool if he made mistakes in the past that in later eps he has to go back and fix...or that negatively impact his present life.

i've read some stuff online and tend to agree that the only engaging part of the show is how it impacts his family (and work/friends in present day). even though i like the single episode stories they are void of any real meaning as of now.

Eric Draven 10-24-2007 05:47 PM

It's a decent show, I usually watch it because it comes on after Heroes, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it if it wasn't there.

Quantum Leap comparisons are there for a reason, very similar, though it is not a "rip-off" or anything

econophile 10-24-2007 07:57 PM

What will be cancelled first, this or K-Ville. I say K-ville by three weeks.

stabn 10-24-2007 07:59 PM

Definitely k-ville.

gisb0rne 10-24-2007 09:06 PM

What's K-ville?

donut lover 10-24-2007 11:31 PM

i like k-ville...the storyline is actually not bad, and shows tend to last a little longer on fox, versus the big 3

LondonBroil 10-25-2007 12:40 AM

Vorenus's brother's new doctor girlfriend is pretty hot.

AZK 10-25-2007 11:11 AM

not as hot as olivia. loved her in daybreak.

show is good but could be better, will probably be canceled. I love how they totally glossed over the fact that that scientist called him and talked to him like 15 years before in one of his flashbacks...they casually mentioned it but it made no sense

snewland22 10-25-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not as hot as olivia. loved her in daybreak.

show is good but could be better, will probably be canceled. I love how they totally glossed over the fact that that scientist called him and talked to him like 15 years before in one of his flashbacks...they casually mentioned it but it made no sense

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't gloss over it. They will come back to it. It seems like that part of the story (him figuring out how this is happening) will be more prominent in coming weeks. Patience people.
Regarding K-Ville, I'm actually watching that too. Not as attached as I am to Journeyman, though. I think I just watch it because I'm a fan of Cole Hauser because the show itself is just ok so far.

Takshi 10-25-2007 03:41 PM

Latest ep was pretty good, hopefully next weeks is decent.