Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   g0lfa is a liar and a scumbag (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529392)

myke11 10-23-2007 12:37 PM

g0lfa is a liar and a scumbag

Dear 2+2
If any of you mtts players know of the accounts g0lfa, moleskine, or unbeatenpath is this pertains to you. All of those accounts belong to one person, whom i used to know. Recently he has been getting very serious about a $500 debt ive had to him since last summer. That is a long story but i am not paying him ever, and i told him that, with very good reason imo.

He has threatened my life numerous times over AIM and in the pokerstars chat. This is something i take very seriously and have just e-mailed pokerstars asking them to take some action regarding this chat and the multiaccounting. He someone managed to meet lilholdem and arrange a staking deal where lil sends him money to play exclusively mtts and they share the profits. g0lfa has not only last into 5 figures of lil's money over the past 2 months, but he has also played cash games without permission. A few nights ago he got stacked sitting at a shorthanded 25/50 table, and then told me if i told anyone about it he would kill me. If you go over my most recent posts, the 25/50 hand i posted in HSNL was played by him. If any of you see or talk to lilholdem i think it's only fair that he knows what is happening with his money.

In addition, last night he called me and told me he was talking to the person who hacked annette15's accounts on AIM. He explictly said to me that he had instructed this hacker (who he someone made friends with??) that I have money on pokerstars, and to take my aim account. After he hangs up the phone (his last line is "youre [censored]") I got an IM from a some sn that started with Annette. I dont recall the exact name because i blocked it instantly, as well as g0lfa's sn. I then signed off aim, and could not log back in when i tried. I take this very seriously. If he could do this i believe he could hack into my stars account as well. Not only could he steal my money, but he could get my banking information, my epassport info which has my creditcard numbers, ect..

As of last night i transfered all my money to a friend and e-mail pokerstars regarding all this. The purpose of this post was simply to get all of this information out, and to hopefully protect me in some way. If you meet this person please do not get involved with him. I can virtually guarentee if you play mtts online and talk to him for a while he will start pushing for some sort of staking deal.
He WILL lie to you. ( A little character info to back this up, he is a 22 year old community college drop out who got kicked out of his mothers house, fathers house, and grandmothers house.)

Please take this seriously and if anyone knows of anything that could reassure me about my finances please pm me.

XXXNoahXXX 10-23-2007 12:53 PM

Re: g0lfa is a liar and a scumbag

I'm still waiting for the good reason why you haven't paid him

myke11 10-23-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting for the good reason why you haven't paid him

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats really not relavant here in my opinion and i hope it does not become the topic of this thread. Suffice to say i have very good reason for not paying him, and others ive spoken with have agreed (including repsected members of 2+2). However, even if i had no reason at all to not pay and was just being a low-life, the kid has still taken this so far beyond what is resonable. I should never have to fear for my life, or my financial information over $500 under any circumstances.

THAY3R 10-23-2007 01:06 PM

It's extremely relevant.

myke11 10-23-2007 01:09 PM

Sighhh... there is no need to forget the he is a liar, multiaccounter, and one who is capable of making very serious threats, just to discuss a $500 arguement we had over a year ago

inyourface 10-23-2007 01:10 PM

You owe someone money yet can't understand why they are taking extreme measures to get it back?

aditya 10-23-2007 01:10 PM

Jeez, just pay him the 500. Is 500> your life or all your private information? Sometimes you have to put your principles aside, and this is one of them.

Also, it would be a great scam if g0lfa teamed up with your friend and you send him all your money and he splits it. I know I'm being a jackass, but I just found it funny if that happened.

mkind0516 10-23-2007 01:16 PM

Just be thankful he didn't do this (not a rickroll): http://youtube.com/watch?v=n1dLhplA95A

myke11 10-23-2007 01:16 PM

well...i guess in the future i wont be coming to 2+2 when i have serious concerns

myke11 10-23-2007 01:17 PM

mkind as a high stakes tournament player you must find this a little bit troubling

inyourface 10-23-2007 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just be thankful he didn't do this (not a rickroll): http://youtube.com/watch?v=n1dLhplA95A

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, all time classic

SimonBarSinister 10-23-2007 01:18 PM

Paay dat maan his money. Then grow a set of balls and kick his [censored] head in. imho

Steroid Boy 10-23-2007 01:18 PM

pay the man his money

mkind0516 10-23-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mkind as a high stakes tournament player you must find this a little bit troubling

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, but c'mon, don't you think this would all be avoidable if you just paid him his money? While I don't agree with his mob-like tactics, you could put a stop to this if you just give him his money. Is $500 really worth all this?

FireStorm 10-23-2007 01:23 PM

Pay the $500. Don't expect good advice when you start out by indicating you owe money which you aren't paying back, while not providing a reason.

myke11 10-23-2007 01:32 PM

Okay then here's the story:
During the wcoop i agree to split the buyin to some second chance tournament that was a 1K buyin. I played the tournament with his money online and i agreed to pay in person. I busted out of the tournament and didnt cash.

Later that week I was at turning stone playing in their 300min game (5/10nl with a $20 bring in, no max buyin) At this point i had about 3K to my name and g0lfa knew that. I sat with 2200. I was playing for maybe 1/2 an hour when he sits down.

At this point in time we are friends and i expect as friends that we would simply avoid eachother in pots. Im not there to take his money, and he shouldnt be there to take mine. So we are staying out of each others way when he suddenly changes his mind about and starts coming after me. He is reraising me, calling my raises and c/r flops and showing bluffs. Obviously i didnt understand why he was doing this when he knew i couldnt really afford to lose this money. Anyway one pot came up where he limp called $120 with a5o in position against me, i had raised out of the blinds with AQdd. The board on the turn read Ac 5d 5h Td. I c/r his allin with top pair nut flushdraw and he stacked me with his boat. Afterwards he was laughing about it and offered me $5 back. I told him because of this i was not going to pay him, as i found his behavior incredibly unethical. I told him to consider my $2200 as payment. He has never let it go.

Please save all the useless comments about bankroll management and 'if you couldnt afford to lose then dont play' I know it all.

aditya 10-23-2007 01:35 PM

LOL...wtf. That's not even close to being a good reason. You expect hiim to slowplay you, wtf? When you're playing your good friend, you have to expect that you shouldn't slowplay each other as it is just wrong and collusion. I can't believe this is your "good reason."

freehat 10-23-2007 01:38 PM

Hahahahahaha

djk123 10-23-2007 01:39 PM

[x] stacked off 200+ bbs with top pair

aditya 10-23-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] stacked off 200+ bbs with top pair

[/ QUOTE ]

but, but he had the nut flush draw!!!!

Steroid Boy 10-23-2007 01:41 PM

i hope this is an elaborate level

Wish 10-23-2007 01:42 PM

Hold on a second. You don't want to pay your debt because your friend wouldn't cheat at poker while you were playing way above your bankroll? Wow. Just...wow.

MJBuddy 10-23-2007 01:43 PM

I kinda hope he hacks your account.

No offense, but it would teach you a lesson in not stealing.

ADLinden 10-23-2007 01:45 PM

lol A+, would read again

WarDekar 10-23-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL...wtf. That's not even close to being a good reason. You expect hiim to slowplay you, wtf? When you're playing your good friend, you have to expect that you shouldn't slowplay each other as it is just wrong and collusion. I can't believe this is your "good reason."

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously man, if I'm at a table with friends generally we play cut-throat at each-other not soft, and playing soft is just colluding. It's one thing to avoid marginal situations or w/e because you know he's a solid player, it's another thing entirely to avoid confrontations just because he's your friend.

He took your stack fair and square, pay up.

Wraths Unanimous 10-23-2007 02:11 PM

I am siding with myke, this seems incredibly sketchy of g0lfa not to mention very dangerous sounding. I understand that even as friends you shouldnt softplay eachother at a poker table in a pot. But it sounds to me like the pot they played was headsup and there is just no excuse to go ape wild on your friend and keep 2200$ of his from a heads up pot. I would fully be expecting to get this back from a friend after the session was over. All of this aside I think everyone here has either missed or overlooked the fact that g0lfa is a serious threat at the moment, he has made it known that he is willing to hack someones AIM, PS account, and email, let alone the numerous death threats hes made. Reading the OP I was expecting some better responses but I guess I was optimistic about that. My advice for myke would be to just cut off all ties from this guy since he is obv a POS friend, take the appropriate actions to ensure all of your accounts are protected with the highest level of security possible to you.

timex 10-23-2007 02:14 PM

From playing with you, I thought you might have not been an idiot, I was wrong.

Also, why are you playing step 6's with so little to your name?

shaundeeb 10-23-2007 02:14 PM

Unfortunately I know him from TS if he's under lil right now I'll be sure to talk to him because he's not someone to trust with money. Also on a side note he tried to freeroll me for a 100$ last longer in a tourney and it took over a year for him to pay me.

As for your 500$ bet you should pay it even though he's scum etc.

Also the life threads have 0 merit he's a little kid who gets picked on a lot and it shows he's no one who would ever even know how to follow through on a threat.

kutuz_off 10-23-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that even as friends you shouldnt softplay eachother at a poker table in a pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your words below show that you don't really "understand" what it means to be ethical poker player.

[ QUOTE ]
I would fully be expecting to get this back from a friend after the session was over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope that your next live session will involve 2 or more players playing from the same bankroll taking you to the cleaners.

mikeymer 10-23-2007 02:17 PM

That is a pathetic excuse not to pay someone back, and you shouldn't be playing with money that you can't lose.

Golfa shouldn't be making threats to you like that but he's pissed off and wants his money. Give him his 500 dollars, and just stay out of his way.

I'm so glad I don't associate with weirdos like this.

fredd-bird 10-23-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please save all the useless comments about bankroll management and 'if you couldnt afford to lose then dont play' I know it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, obviously you don't "know it all." Pay the person their money. If you choose not to, I really hope that the person in question makes you learn a lesson (easy way or the hard way).

WarDekar 10-23-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand that even as friends you shouldnt softplay eachother at a poker table in a pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your words below show that you don't really "understand" what it means to be ethical poker player.

[ QUOTE ]
I would fully be expecting to get this back from a friend after the session was over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope that your next live session will involve 2 or more players playing from the same bankroll taking you to the cleaners.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do people actually tell themselves that these things are OK and not cheating?

myke11 10-23-2007 02:20 PM

Timex, i had 3K to my name 1 year ago. Im in a better situation now. I was playing step 6s cause i had qualified for them, and i really would like to go to the pca. Im not an idiot... im sorry that that's youre opinion because i was having a good time talking to you

La Brujita 10-23-2007 02:20 PM

The reason you gave is comedy gold.

myke11 10-23-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am siding with myke, this seems incredibly sketchy of g0lfa not to mention very dangerous sounding. I understand that even as friends you shouldnt softplay eachother at a poker table in a pot. But it sounds to me like the pot they played was headsup and there is just no excuse to go ape wild on your friend and keep 2200$ of his from a heads up pot. I would fully be expecting to get this back from a friend after the session was over. All of this aside I think everyone here has either missed or overlooked the fact that g0lfa is a serious threat at the moment, he has made it known that he is willing to hack someones AIM, PS account, and email, let alone the numerous death threats hes made. Reading the OP I was expecting some better responses but I guess I was optimistic about that. My advice for myke would be to just cut off all ties from this guy since he is obv a POS friend, take the appropriate actions to ensure all of your accounts are protected with the highest level of security possible to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I knew people would miss the issue

timex 10-23-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it shows he's no one who would ever even know how to follow through on a threat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys like him just grind my gears.

kutuz_off 10-23-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you. I knew people would miss the issue

[/ QUOTE ]

The issue that you are missing is that your own lack of ethics undermines your credibility in accusing other players of the same.

PJo336 10-23-2007 02:25 PM

hayy guys, i lost my bankroll cuz im a fish, so i decided not to pay the mob, now they break my legs WTF?!?!

Wraths Unanimous 10-23-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do people actually tell themselves that these things are OK and not cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

You made it sound like I said it was okay for players to split winnings at the end of a sesh. This was not my intention. I was trying to say that I would expect my friend to give me back the 2200$ that he won off me. If my friend had won 1800 more besides from me I wouldnt expect him to give me the 2200+900...I never intended for it to sound like I am a supporter of two people sharing a roll playing at the same table. Maybe peoples friends are different but I would like to think that any one of my friends would do the right thing and give me that 2200 back after the session was done.

PJo336 10-23-2007 02:30 PM

if u won money, u won the money, same with losing, if you dont wanna lose to a friend dont play with him. Is this thread serious? you owe money and u wont pay it. A man and gambler needs his word and you have none, i hope you get hacked yous deserve it, pay the money u owe chach