Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Heroes - Hatefest 10-22-07 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528934)

Case Closed 10-22-2007 09:03 PM

Heroes - Hatefest 10-22-07

Drink up!
http://www.warpedtoys.com/images/pro...s/haterade.gif

jedi 10-22-2007 09:04 PM

Re: Heroes - Hatefest 10-22-07

Well, since all the networks are carrying news of the fires here in San Diego, Heroes for us will be next Sunday.

pegusus 10-22-2007 09:11 PM

god this show is gay and these characters are retarded

d10 10-22-2007 09:15 PM

Question for those who enjoyed Heroes last season: I still have all of this season on my DVR waiting to watch but these hate threads are discouraging. Should I even bother?

Case Closed 10-22-2007 09:16 PM

d10,
It depends...how much free time do you have? Would you ever consider yourself to be an above average superhero/fantasy fan? If so, then it's worth watching when you have the time.

Wires 10-22-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question for those who enjoyed Heroes last season: I still have all of this season on my DVR waiting to watch but these hate threads are discouraging. Should I even bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

After the first four episodes the show picks up steam and is definitely above averag. Oddly for a show that is merely above average it strangely addictive. For all of its faults be prepared to be sucked in for the entire season once you start.

Also the hate is much greater this year than last due to raised expectations. Heroes was given a pass on a lot of its weak points last season due to the fact that is was fairly original and tried so hard.

Case Closed 10-22-2007 09:51 PM

The nightmare man's power was pretty cool IMO.

Wires 10-22-2007 09:59 PM

Let me be the first of many to say it...

Veronica Mars is hot.

Spence 10-22-2007 10:01 PM

I actually enjoyed this episode.

Requin 10-22-2007 10:05 PM

First good episode of the season.

I think it's because no Claire, who is now the most annoying storyline by far.

Wires 10-22-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually enjoyed this episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually disappointing. Tonight was the first time I arrived home 40 minutes into the show and, having been so let down this season, just went ahead and watched the last 20 minutes cold instead of waiting for full episode on the PVR.

With any other show once I stop caring whether I see the full episode the end is nigh. Hopefully tonight was a turning point.

Howard Treesong 10-22-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's because no bleeding-eyes histrionics-girl and retinue, which is now the most annoying storyline by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Claire is not a great episode, but was sufficiently good last year that I'm still willing to cut her some slack. There is nothing even slightly redeeming or interesting about Maya and Alejandro. In fact, I want Skylar to kill them just so I don't have to look at them any more.

SamIAm 10-22-2007 10:46 PM

I definitely enjoyed tonight's episode. Or, at least, there wasn't much a hated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I actually didn't mind Parkman or Mohinder's acting. It helped that the New Orleans thread consisted mostly of her doing cool stuff and saying "Whoa". Maybe she has the power to imitate Keanu.

Any speculation on which (white) guy is Veronica Mars's dad? Is it the Midas-touch guy? Is he really "running the company" now? He's a whole lot less "leader"ish than Linderman. He needs to at least get better suits.

Speaking of goldfinger, why didn't he at least start to turn Nikki's arm into gold when she was choking him? I know, it's probably just metal, blah blah blah. But he's got a super-power; it'd be nice if he didn't just use it for performing metallurgy on spoons.

Do we assume that Nightmare-man's about how Parkman's power "can be so much more" was just a con? Or did it have something to do with Parkman's ability to wake-up from the nightmare? I thought he was just "reading" the security guard, but then they had the hamfisted conversation about how he was able to wake up.

dlk9s 10-22-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do we assume that Nightmare-man's about how Parkman's power "can be so much more" was just a con? Or did it have something to do with Parkman's ability to wake-up from the nightmare? I thought he was just "reading" the security guard, but then they had the hamfisted conversation about how he was able to wake up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was telling the truth.

I thought it was funny when Parkman was astonished that his dad could also read minds. You know, because I never would have guessed that my dad could do what I could do after knowing my dad could [censored] up somebody's mind from anywhere in the world.

Requin 10-22-2007 11:30 PM

I hope Midas man can turn people to gold too. He might not have wanted to hurt Nicky, knowing it was only her other personality that was attacking him.

I definately think Parkman will gain powers like his Dad's.

Micah's cousin seems like she could be cool, but the scene with the jumprope was the dumbest thing ever. I would have loved to see her play ball.

AlexM 10-23-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's gotten off to a slow start, but it's showing signs of improving as the season goes along.

Jack Bando 10-23-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely enjoyed tonight's episode. Or, at least, there wasn't much a hated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I actually didn't mind Parkman or Mohinder's acting. It helped that the New Orleans thread consisted mostly of her doing cool stuff and saying "Whoa". Maybe she has the power to imitate Keanu.

Any speculation on which (white) guy is Veronica Mars's dad? Is it the Midas-touch guy? Is he really "running the company" now? He's a whole lot less "leader"ish than Linderman. He needs to at least get better suits.

Speaking of goldfinger, why didn't he at least start to turn Nikki's arm into gold when she was choking him? I know, it's probably just metal, blah blah blah. But he's got a super-power; it'd be nice if he didn't just use it for performing metallurgy on spoons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked Micah's cousin as well. She seems like a good character.

Her dad might be Bob, it's the only person we know old enough in the company.

His power's pretty good even if he can only turn non-living objects into gold. He's more of an ATM than Micah.

Parkman's dad's power might be Matt's to another level, it could make sense if level 1 is reading and level ? is messing with the mind.

Sylar better be going to the buffet next week.

AlexM 10-23-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think it's because no bleeding-eyes histrionics-girl and retinue, which is now the most annoying storyline by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both posts were correct. Those are two of the three worst storylines atm. The third one is Ando... not Hiro, which is ok if not good, but the stupid communication between them. Presumably it's just a way to keep Ando visible and make sure we know he's not going anywhere, but it's damned annoying. Also not included was copycat girl's brother who I hope to never see again.

This was definitely the best episode so far.

AlexM 10-23-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked Micah's cousin as well. She seems like a good character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Charles Deveaux is the most likely by far. He even has a French last name, which points to New Orleans.

Also along these lines, it's worth noting that there are 5 unknowns from the Company Pic. 2 white men (possibly including Sylar's father), 2 white women (possibly including Nikki's mom) and 1 black woman (possibly DL's mom). Of course we also know for a fact the Haitian isn't a child of the company and it seems extremely unlikely for the Mexicans, the Israeli and most of Sylar's victims, so it's possible no one is related to anyone.

SamIAm 10-23-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Charles Deveaux is the most likely by far. He even has a French last name, which points to New Orleans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, do you mean biological father? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I thought we were talking about the electric girl (the one talking on the cell to "daddy"), not the copycat. I don't see the resemblance...

http://heroeswiki.com/images/5/57/Charles_Deveaux.jpg http://heroeswiki.com/images/f/f2/Elle.jpg

You're right that Deveaux might be related to the cousins somehow, but he was Simone's father in S1. How come she never had any power? If dad could dream-walk, then the Heroes Rules say that she gets SOME power, right? Not just Super GettingShot.

AlexM 10-23-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, do you mean biological father? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I thought we were talking about the electric girl (the one talking on the cell to "daddy"), not the copycat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was confused by the terrible use of the quote feature by the person I responded to. I hate when people are too lazy to make their posts not be super confusing. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

furyshade 10-23-2007 01:32 AM

one thing im starting to notice that is inconsistent is that the hereditary powers sometimes are the parents power and sometimes aren't. why is it that micah can do something that is totally unrelated to DL and nikki but parkman's power is right now a less developed version of his fathers?
same with claire, her dad can fly and her mom can make fire, yet she can heal. also peter must have met lightning girl in the gap between his disappearance and being in ireland cause he has her power.

P.S. irish girl is pretty hot

SamIAm 10-23-2007 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing im starting to notice that is inconsistent is that the hereditary powers sometimes are the parents power and sometimes aren't. why is it that micah can do something that is totally unrelated to DL and nikki but parkman's power is right now a less developed version of his fathers?
same with claire, her dad can fly and her mom can make fire, yet she can heal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Parkman is the ONLY case where like father like son. The Haitian's dad could instill emotion, but the Haitian was different. Whatever mom & dad petrelli can do, it's obviously not the same as BOTH their sons. I actually think it's kinda lame that the Parkmen share this.

[ QUOTE ]
peter must have met lightning girl in the gap between his disappearance and being in ireland cause he has her power.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right. There was a lightning girl in one of the comics, but I don't think she was blond. I guess this is the third power repeat, with Parkmen, fliers, and now lightnings.

edit: I guess it was a lightning dude.

http://heroeswiki.com/images/thumb/3...ectric_Man.jpg

AlexM 10-23-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If dad could dream-walk, then the Heroes Rules say that she gets SOME power, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. The Company knew who Claire's parents were (probably) but they said "if" she manifested and Hiro's father was hoping for him to manifest (or surprised or something). Hiro's sister has nothing. And Mohinder's sister was powered but he seems to be powerless. Presumably it's genetically a 50/50 thing that's just hit an awful lot for the sake of making things into a good soap opera. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, maybe she did have a power and died before we could find out what.

AlexM 10-23-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
peter must have met lightning girl in the gap between his disappearance and being in ireland cause he has her power.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was just Ted's power.

AlexM 10-23-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever mom & dad petrelli can do,

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure dad has no powers and is only involved in the group because he befriended Linderman in Nam.

SamIAm 10-23-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No way. Ted was all radiation and explosion. They've made a point of saying "lightning" over and over, so we now get the connection to Elle.

AlexM 10-23-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No way. Ted was all radiation and explosion. They've made a point of saying "lightning" over and over, so we now get the connection to Elle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

El Diablo 10-23-2007 02:11 AM

All,

Wow, this ep sort of didn't completely suck. And the nightmare man scene was pretty cool.

Jack Bando 10-23-2007 02:12 AM

Ted could do EMP's, but not lightning. And that lightning guy in the comic is from the alt future.

Pudge714 10-23-2007 02:38 AM

Midas touch is such a crappy power because the more he uses it the less valuable it becomes.

Peter obv met Kristen Bell before hand.

entertainme 10-23-2007 03:35 AM

Anyone else get the idea the whole "Nicki" thing was a set up to convince Mohinder that using the tazer was acceptable means? They did tell Nicki when she showed up that there would be things she would have to do for them, right?

AlexM 10-23-2007 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Wow, this ep sort of didn't completely suck. And the nightmare man scene was pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you're going to have to find another way to make room for Pushing Daisies? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

AlexM 10-23-2007 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else get the idea the whole "Nicki" thing was a set up to convince Mohinder that using the tazer was acceptable means? They did tell Nicki when she showed up that there would be things she would have to do for them, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it seemed pretty clear to me at the time. Sylar and the Company... I think Mohinder may have a power after all... super gullibility.

Azizal 10-23-2007 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it seemed pretty clear to me at the time. Sylar and the Company... I think Mohinder may have a power after all... super gullibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the whole thing seemed like a setup to solidify Mohinder's loyalty. The Company knows this is necessary for several reasons, one of which is that they likely have tapped his cellphone, and know about his plot with Parkman.

Hendricks433 10-23-2007 04:29 AM

Double Dutch? DOUBLE DUTCH? WTF! That seen had me cringing. although relatively good ep.

AlexM 10-23-2007 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Double Dutch? DOUBLE DUTCH? WTF! That seen had me cringing. although relatively good ep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was something convenient that was both complicated and low key. If she'd gone and starting dunking bballs, that would have been a tad noticable.

pokergrader 10-23-2007 04:47 AM

Nightmare scene was awesome, i have to admit. Damn you heros, im already sucked in for the entire season even though im sure it is only going to disappoint like last season.

Assani Fisher 10-23-2007 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
same with claire, her dad can fly and her mom can make fire, yet she can heal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Parkman is the ONLY case where like father like son. The Haitian's dad could instill emotion, but the Haitian was different. Whatever mom & dad petrelli can do, it's obviously not the same as BOTH their sons. I actually think it's kinda lame that the Parkmen share this.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Right. There was a lightning girl in one of the comics, but I don't think she was blond. I guess this is the third power repeat, with Parkmen, fliers, and now lightnings.

edit: I guess it was a lightning dude.

http://heroeswiki.com/images/thumb/3...ectric_Man.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we know that Parkman and his dad share a power? We know that Parkman can read minds. We know that Parkman's dad can cause nightmares. Yes I understand that Parkman's dad told Parkman that he can read minds too....are you really believing everything he says at this point?

KRANTZ 10-23-2007 09:28 AM

boy did i miss kristen bell on TV