Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The Dominic Parillo theory of dualism relating to stt's (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528407)

fisheater11 10-22-2007 08:48 AM

The Dominic Parillo theory of dualism relating to stt\'s

To those who have never heard of this theory, it states that when deciding what option is best, realize that something could either go one way or another. The options of what to do which will cause the result are totally up to you.
Relating to stt's, it is up to the player to make the best posible choice of what to do with a hand. If he/she makes the first correct decision, The Dominic Parillo theory of dualism comes into effect - and most of the time will reward the player.

paoul 10-22-2007 08:53 AM

Re: The Dominic Parillo theory of dualism relating to stt\'s

WoWziez. This is a simple, yet profound and robust theory. Who is the Dominic Parillo?

1p0kerboy 10-22-2007 08:58 AM

Surely you jest...

Tantalus747 10-22-2007 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely you jest...

[/ QUOTE ]

Either we're losing something in translation or this is too obvious to merit a post.

IFoldPktOnes 10-22-2007 09:41 AM

I'll wait for the mathematical proof before I believe any of that. Options being choose-able is a big assumption, and I'm not sure about this vague connection between decisions and results you seem to be implying.

Tantalus747 10-22-2007 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll wait for the mathematical proof before I believe any of that. Options being choose-able is a big assumption, and I'm not sure about this vague connection between decisions and results you seem to be implying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if something isn't choose-able its not really an option is it?

And he says the best decision is usually rewarded. We didn't really need Dominic Parillo for that.

jurrasstoil 10-22-2007 09:50 AM

Jurrasstoil's theory of winning poker:

If you have the best hand on the showdown, you'll take down the pot.

Tantalus747 10-22-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now go post this on some physics/math board. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

paoul 10-22-2007 09:57 AM

wow. this theory is really flying over everyones head.

like either something is going to happen, or its not gonna happen. how do you guys not get it? either like its gonna be good, or its not gonna be good. now apply it to poker and win money.

IFoldPktOnes 10-22-2007 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Choose-able implies options obv. But how can you justify that the existence of options directly implies freedom of choice?

This stuff is deep<font color="#FFFFFF">ly retardedly obvious, and the OP is a douche.</font>

Slim Pickens 10-22-2007 10:26 AM

Philosophers piss me the [censored] off. I'm just saying is all.

jukofyork 10-22-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

like either something is going to happen, or its not gonna happen. how do you guys not get it? either like its gonna be good, or its not gonna be good. now apply it to poker and win money.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I don't think it's "flying over everyone's heads", but is just so obvious that it's not even worth stating!

Juk's theory of the sun: "If the sun comes up today then it's likely it will also come up tomorrow!" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Erreek 10-22-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Choose-able implies options obv. But how can you justify that the existence of options directly implies freedom of choice?

This stuff is deep<font color="#FFFFFF">ly retardedly obvious, and the OP is a douche.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i lol'ed really loud in class when i read this [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

how clever

Daleroxxu 10-22-2007 11:16 AM

groundbreaking, truly groundbreaking.

who the f is Dominic Parillo? google shows nothing.

IBL

auc hincloss 10-22-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now go post this on some physics/math board. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

AND SHOW YOUR MATHS. I DONT BELEIVE IT.

Jbrochu 10-22-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've disproved the theory. It's either going to happen or not, 50:50. Therefore, in the long run decisions don't matter.

I rename this the nonpareil-o theory.

http://www.nhchocolates.com/images/D...Nonpareils.jpg

paoul 10-22-2007 12:52 PM

i did not disprove anything. OP is mistaken about the proper application of the parrillo theory of duality. it does reduce everything to 50/50. thats the point. poker "skill" is one huge level. sorry guys javascript:void(0)

paoul 10-22-2007 12:52 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]**

jacobs_suit 10-22-2007 02:36 PM

Parillo was an Italian statistician from the 1940s. Most of his work was generally destroyed by Mussolini during the war due to fascist opposition. His theory of duality was his major theories and it is applied to poker along with many other things.

IFoldPktOnes 10-22-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Juk's theory of the sun: "If the sun comes up today then it's likely it will also come up tomorrow!" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Small sample size, most likely variance.

The Yugoslavian 10-22-2007 08:11 PM

WHEN IS THE BAN COMING?

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian 10-22-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, and here I thought I never pissed you off at all.

Yugoslav

Velocity 10-22-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely you jest...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gaah I can't for the life of me figure out what this quote is from, but I know I recognize it. Help a brotha out?

Slim Pickens 10-22-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

My biggest problem with them is there is absolutely no defense against idiot blow-hard philosophers other than a swift nut-kick. They drop their douche-bomb, which sounds something like this:

"blah blah blah jargon jargon fake-jargon, therefore, [conclusion I determined beforehand]. If you don't understand it, it's because you aren't as awesome at brain-stuff as me am. There's no way I could have failed to explain [some irrelevant point] without [mis]using a lot of jargon. See how awesomes my brains is?"

Then they run like hell if they see a real philosopher because they'll get their [censored] kicked.

pineapple888 10-22-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Surely you jest...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gaah I can't for the life of me figure out what this quote is from, but I know I recognize it. Help a brotha out?

[/ QUOTE ]

AIRPLANE, of course. Followed by "Don't call me Shirley."

MatteyA28 10-22-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

My biggest problem with them is there is absolutely no defense against idiot blow-hard philosophers other than a swift nut-kick. They drop their douche-bomb, which sounds something like this:

"blah blah blah jargon jargon fake-jargon, therefore, [conclusion I determined beforehand]. If you don't understand it, it's because you aren't as awesome at brain-stuff as me am. There's no way I could have failed to explain [some irrelevant point] without [mis]using a lot of jargon. See how awesomes my brains is?"

Then they run like hell if they see a real philosopher because they'll get their [censored] kicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I've dropped a philosophy course every year of college b/c I thought I was going to attack the teacher at the end of every class.

The Yugoslavian 10-22-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I see, so I don't piss you off b/c I'm a real one, nice, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

paoul 10-22-2007 09:39 PM

when is the ban coming?

suzzer99 10-22-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Daleroxxu 10-22-2007 09:52 PM

has OP been banned yet?

Guthrie 10-23-2007 12:07 AM

Let me see if I understand this correctly.

I have &lt;10BB, first to act in the SB. I decide to push AKs with +9% after making a brilliant decision in putting BB on a calling range. He calls anyway with 72o and flops trip sevens. I bust out.

Where is my reward?

jurrasstoil 10-23-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have &lt;10BB, first to act in the SB. I decide to push AKs with +9% after making a brilliant decision in putting BB on a calling range. He calls anyway with 72o and flops trip sevens. I bust out.

Where is my reward?

[/ QUOTE ]You made the wrong decision -&gt; no reward.

BHokie1 10-23-2007 12:34 AM

I'm going to take the option not to explore this theory.

fisheater11 10-23-2007 12:40 AM

lol im fresh off the ban guys, it hasnt even been 24 hours yet, relax. I want a little time of freedom before the ban bomb gets dropped on me again. Anyways, i took a day off from 60's to play the steps - see whoever u all are at the nassau ept...

Slim Pickens 10-23-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I see, so I don't piss you off b/c I'm a real one, nice, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're a "real" philosopher or not, but you don't piss me off, so take that for what it's worth. Think about it this way. If an engineer sucks, his power plant melts down or his bridge collapses or his $125M space probe smashes into Mars at too many km/s. If a lawyer sucks, his client gets the chair or a rapist goes free. If an accountant sucks, his employer get reamed by the IRS. If a doctor sucks, people die unnecessarily. If a poker player sucks, he goes busto again and again. If a philosopher sucks, he pisses me off.

DevinLake 10-23-2007 01:13 AM

Ummmm....can we apply this to a HH?

drzen 10-23-2007 01:18 AM

This is like "Chinese odds", isn't it? I'll take even money you're banned before tomorrow.

fisheater11 10-23-2007 08:22 AM

Thank you to all who posted. The Dominic Parillo theory of dualism can now be thought about during all 2+2er's decision making processes - remember the theory pf something could either happen or not; the thoughts to generate your decision influence the result.

r.i.p. dominic parillo.

jacobs_suit 10-23-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is like "Chinese odds", isn't it? I'll take even money you're banned before tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

your an idiot

JackCase 10-23-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Where is my reward?

[/ QUOTE ]You made the wrong decision -&gt; no reward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously the wrong decision. Since everything either happens or it doesn't, everything is 50/50. AKs isn't +9%. It either wins or it doesn't, so it is even money. Thanks for playing, and have a nice day.