Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528401)

sheetsworld 10-22-2007 08:36 AM

Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

Dear Mr. Haber,

Thank you for your email.

In order for us to better assist you in this case; we will need you to please provide us with a detailed explanation of the issue you are referring about.

In the notes of your account we do not have any notes regarding any compromise account.

Here at Absolute Poker we take security very serious, we do not share our player’s information with anyone.

Please note that to prevent hackers from stealing accounts information or seen other players cards, we utilize the internationally accepted industry standard SSLv3/TLSv1 encryption algorithm.

The same that the banks use, which protects your information as it, transfers between our client application running on your computer and our servers.

You can learn about our site integrity by visiting the link below:
http://www.absolutepoker.com/integrity/

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We are here for you!

Sincerely,

Alfonzo
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"To Continue to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.Com

We’re Here To Stay! All Players Welcome!

Come and join the action this weekend with our 150k guaranteed on Saturday and 75k on Sunday! With more and bigger guaranteed tournaments, Absolute Poker is your place to play. See you at the tables whenever, wherever!

catcher193 10-22-2007 08:41 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

pretty brutal denial, that angers me, an email that says "we are working on the situation" seems reasonable/expected.

reply and like them to some threads, (not that it's your responsibility)

1p0kerboy 10-22-2007 08:41 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

"Here at Absolute Poker we take security very serious, we do not share our player’s information with anyone."

hyachachachachacha

plzleenowhammy 10-22-2007 08:42 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

How do they know your name? Superuser e-mail?? New thread, plz.

leprous_hand 10-22-2007 08:43 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

maybe they are leveling you?

Rainclouds 10-22-2007 09:03 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

Whoa, AP's reply is so insulting on so many levels. I just don't understand why they still exist.

runout_mick 10-22-2007 09:18 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

Looks like someone in support didn't get the memo.

TGB 10-22-2007 09:36 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

This reminds me of how Lord Nelson dressed himself at The Battle of Trafalgar.

A red shirt so the enemies could't see if he was injured.
And brown courderoy pants.

Btw, he died in that battle.

Gildwulf 10-22-2007 09:38 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of how Lord Nelson dressed himself at The Battle of Trafalgar.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.albertco.com/images/Dennis%20Miller.jpg

btmagnetw 10-22-2007 09:42 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

Alfonzo
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"To Continue to be the Best and Most Trusted"

this is like, too sad to even be ironic.

Suigin406 10-22-2007 09:45 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

tell alfonzo to go [censored] himself

XHitman014 10-22-2007 10:08 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

The 1st level of CS has probably been kept completely in the dark regarding the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if his boss isn't even aware. No one knew wtf was going on at Enron until it hit the big networks even though things were being leaked out on the web. Not everyone reads 2+2 every day. Ask to talk to his supervisor or copy & paste the Letter on BluffMagazine into the email. Being courteous to CS-type people gets things done a lot faster, believe me.

augie_ 10-22-2007 10:11 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

what a JOKE

apefish 10-22-2007 11:08 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

[ QUOTE ]
tell alfonzo to go [censored] himself

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it's unlikely he will know what that means by looking at the notes of Sheets' account.

davidlong14 10-22-2007 11:27 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

...hahahahahahahahahahaha...

lapoker17 10-22-2007 11:31 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

wow gildwulf. dennis miller ref is sick.

Sponger. 10-22-2007 11:31 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

[ QUOTE ]
I do not know if you are still working on this but just to let you know, I have received nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably send out a more professional and detailed email if you want some retarded support person to be able to understand it and send you out the correct information.

LGs0pHT 10-22-2007 11:33 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

[x] You can learn about our site integrity by visiting the link below:
http://www.absolutepokercheats.com/

prodonkey 10-22-2007 11:35 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

this doesn't seem that shocking.. their CS reps prolly know next to nothing about all this. It's most likely being kept hush hush in the management and security team that has to deal with it.

GSykes 10-22-2007 11:35 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

I do not know if you are still working on this but just to let you know, I have received nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably send out a more professional and detailed email if you want some retarded support person to be able to understand it and send you out the correct information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah seriously Sheets I know you play MTTs and all but are you really [censored] retarded?

Sponger. 10-22-2007 11:39 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

really [censored] retarded? I just usually write a paragraph whenever I want something done and make sure to send out as many details as I can so that there is no confusion.

h11 10-22-2007 11:39 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

[ QUOTE ]
The 1st level of CS has probably been kept completely in the dark regarding the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if his boss isn't even aware. No one knew wtf was going on at Enron until it hit the big networks even though things were being leaked out on the web. Not everyone reads 2+2 every day. Ask to talk to his supervisor or copy & paste the Letter on BluffMagazine into the email. Being courteous to CS-type people gets things done a lot faster, believe me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or it may be that the phrase "compromised account" is unusual such that a nonnative English speaker wouldn't understand it. Better to say "That Goddam AJ Green stole my money in tournament # XXXXX. Give it back to me."

andr3y 10-22-2007 11:41 AM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

this is just standard statement that they probably send to hundreds of ppl everyday.
I got a similar one when i send flame email to support a few days ago.

sheetsworld 10-22-2007 12:42 PM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

Yes it is clearly incumbent upon me to take time out of my day to craft a professional email if I am to expect AP to be aware of the issue that may very well put them out of business.

Ok fine.

more coming.....

sheets

En Passant 10-22-2007 12:46 PM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it is clearly incumbent upon me to take time out of my day to craft a professional email if I am to expect AP to be aware of the issue that may very well put them out of business.

Ok fine.

more coming.....

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't have to be professional. Just make it so that it doesn't appear like a retard wrote it.

aragorn_i 10-22-2007 12:53 PM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

This reminds me of how Lord Nelson dressed himself at The Battle of Trafalgar.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.albertco.com/images/Dennis%20Miller.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I sorry this needs just a little more [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sheetsworld 10-22-2007 12:53 PM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

Dear Support:

I would like to apologize for presuming that everyone at support was aware of the ongoing situation at Absolute Poker regarding the existence of "superuser accounts" caused by securtiy breaches at AP. I was told by fellow posters at 2+2 that I should be more detailed if I expect a resolution so I will attempt to do so here.

Playing as "cocesaryume", I got 2nd place in the wednesday 1k mtt on August 27th. The account that won the tourney, "payup" was one of the accounts that was benefiting form knowing the hole cards of the other players. This entire situation has been covered on all of the relevant poker message boards, including twoplustwo.com and pocketfives.com.

Furhermore, the story was picked up by all of the major news organizations and AP itself issued a statement alerting players that they would compensate those adversely affected , and moving everyone up 1 place, which would put me in 1st place in the abovementioned event. (2-1=1).

While some players were compensated for other tourneys it seems as though mine was either forgotten or ignored. It is also possible that you just have not gotten to it yet, which is fine, but I would appreciate some acknowldegement that thae matter is being resolved as per your statement.

eric haber aka "cocesaryume"

apefish 10-22-2007 12:59 PM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

At Absolute Poker they take security very seriously.
Also, I am reliably told that there is no ability to view (w)/hole cards there.
If there is anything further they can do to assist you please don't hesitate to let them know.

Bdidd 10-22-2007 12:59 PM

[...]

" 2-1=1"

Thanks for clearing that up for us. I'm sure they get it now.

yellowsub 10-22-2007 01:02 PM

[...]

tsk tsk, no wonder they didnt respond.

getterdone36 10-22-2007 01:16 PM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

gl, let us know what they respond back with

goofyballer 10-22-2007 01:18 PM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

Had they actually refunded people for tournies yet? I thought they just sent $500 to the people whose info was included in the Excel file.

plzleenowhammy 10-22-2007 01:27 PM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...ker/hitler.gif

Fuhrermore

durron597 10-22-2007 01:29 PM

[...]

I hope you have job securtiy, otherwise don't quit your day job please.

GSykes 10-22-2007 01:33 PM

[...]

Pretty sure Sheets is a world class MTT player and part owner of Pokerxfactor. I don't think he needs to worry about a day job.

Actual God 10-22-2007 01:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqfggqkE-JI

Jackal69 10-22-2007 01:53 PM

Re: Email from AP ( I swear this is undoctored except fpr my address)

i think we should have a competition as to Alfonso's next response..

[ QUOTE ]

Mista Sheets,

I am no understanding the words that is come out of your keyboard... what is this 'superuser accounts'? If you please to be provding details of your internet service providings i will be providings you will a better service and having manager Alonso call you in the next 96 hours on the mobile phone number you providings 11-22-33-SMD-SMD in your account pages.

sincelrely you,
Alfonso
Absolute Poker Customer Support Team
'We the best! Hi five!'