Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   debate thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528084)

Bump_Bailey 10-21-2007 08:14 PM

debate thread

So far, Mitt had a hair out of place, Fred called Teddy Kennedy a fatty and Mitt, 9/11 hero, Ol Fred, and McCain are arguing over who is the biggest conservative ever.

Barretboy 10-21-2007 08:36 PM

Re: debate thread

As a conservative, I'm not overly impressed with the talent pool this year.

STA654 10-21-2007 08:53 PM

THE STUPIDITY IS HURTING MY BRAIN!

somebody count how many times "Hillary Clinton" has been said.

gobbomom 10-21-2007 09:32 PM

they sure did a good job marginalizing Ron tonight. Idiots.

Taso 10-21-2007 09:42 PM

what channel is this on?

STA654 10-21-2007 09:43 PM

LOL @ person in Fox Focus group saying Hillary Clinton is a Marxist.

mjkidd 10-21-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what channel was this on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fox news

gobbomom 10-21-2007 09:46 PM

it wasn't a Republican debate; it was an anti-Hilary debate.

Taso 10-21-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fox news

[/ QUOTE ]

Dangit. Ron Paul get more time than last debate?

UlidEyes 10-21-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ person in Fox Focus group saying Hillary Clinton is a Marxist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and the guy who said it was "hell" under Bill Clinton. I'm conservative, but it wasn't near any hell at all, not even close.

gobbomom 10-21-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fox news

[/ QUOTE ]

Dangit. Ron Paul get more time than last debate?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. He got about 4 questions, and his answers were met by loud boos/ some applause, but as usual it was cut off. The crowd tonight were rabid war- mongers.

Bump_Bailey 10-21-2007 10:02 PM

lol, @ Hannity and the elf looking dude when they said Ron Paul is winning the text vote.

Copernicus 10-21-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He does quite well at marginalizing himself, he doesnt need their help

Copernicus 10-21-2007 10:12 PM

Missed the debate but saw Huckabee's "nothing funny about Hillary" comments...if that was the tone of everyones comments, right on! The earlier she's attacked the better.

rpr 10-21-2007 10:20 PM

Carl Cameron admitted Paul's in the top tier...

And I'm sure Frank Lutz's focus group is way more accurate than an uncontrolled nationwide text poll.

One Outer 10-21-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

gobbomom 10-21-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that depends on your point of view. I think he does a great job saying what he means. I'm a registered Dem and I'm considering switching parties to vote for him, or just stick with Obama.

Barretboy 10-21-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a registered Dem and I'm considering switching parties to vote for him, or just stick with Obama.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not compute.

gobbomom 10-21-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a registered Dem and I'm considering switching parties to vote for him, or just stick with Obama.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going with the personal liberties platform.

Dima2000123 10-21-2007 10:41 PM

The crowd at Fox's debates always tend to be a little on a goose-stepping side. Obviously the text polling is not scientific, but neither is polling those "Clinton era was hell" morons. The best Paul fans can hope for is that his message rubs off on those who have more influence.

Dima2000123 10-21-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not compute.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a registered Democrat, and not only will I vote for Paul in the primaries, but I also donated to his campaign. I think that the candidates from both parties share very dangerous delusions, and the more chances Paul has to make his point, the better off it'll be for the country.

mjkidd 10-21-2007 10:49 PM

Paul wasn't very effective in this debate. I think he tried to tie too many things into his answers and ended up making no sense.

I thought that Thompson did a nice job tonight. Romney had one of his poorer performances, and Rudy was average. McCain had the best line of the night (I was tied up during Woodstock), even if it was obviously canned. Huckabee was super Christian and creepy.

Barretboy 10-21-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not compute.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a registered Democrat, and not only will I vote for Paul in the primaries, but I also donated to his campaign. I think that the candidates from both parties share very dangerous delusions, and the more chances Paul has to make his point, the better off it'll be for the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to the fact that he is so adamant about voting for Paul, but will settle for Obama. As far as I can tell they are pretty different in their views...

mjkidd 10-21-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to the fact that he is so adamant about voting for Paul, but will settle for Obama. As far as I can tell they are pretty different in their views...

[/ QUOTE ]

ALSO RON PAUL IS A RACIST HOW CAN AN OBAMA SUPPORTER VOTE FOR A KNOWN RACIST!!!!!!????!!!!

Dima2000123 10-21-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul wasn't very effective in this debate. I think he tried to tie too many things into his answers and ended up making no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, I think he was underwhelming in the last two debates, just when he least needed to be. Then again, if those Fox goose-steppers booed him, then they must've got the point well enough. I hope this kind of treatment results in a backlash just like it did after South Carolina debate.

UlidEyes 10-21-2007 11:16 PM

Tancredo won't get much credit, and I don't support him, but I really liked his answers. He did good. I think everyone can agree that Duncan Hunter needs to step out of the way.

AlexM 10-21-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only to silly neocons, not with independents or real old school conservatives.

Case Closed 10-21-2007 11:17 PM

I am watching the re-run of this and 15 minutes in it seems like they have a Hilary complex.

Case Closed 10-21-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a human being, I'm not overly impressed with the talent pool this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup.

Dima2000123 10-21-2007 11:22 PM

If you're going to have a drinking game while watching the debates, then you probably shouldn't drink every time you hear "Hillary", unless you want to miss the last three quarters of it. You probably shouldn't use "the next question is for Ron Paul" either, unless you want to walk away completely sober.

Case Closed 10-21-2007 11:28 PM

Did Hunter attack JFK for not invading Cuba?

mjkidd 10-21-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did Hunter attack JFK for not invading Cuba?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah. Also, we need to watch out for those ChiComs. Crazy Red bastards...

NickMPK 10-21-2007 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Frank Lutz's focus group is way more accurate than an uncontrolled nationwide text poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I'm missing sarcasm here, but this statement is very much correct (although I saw neither the focus group nor the text poll results).

iggymcfly 10-22-2007 12:06 AM

God, watching these debates makes me angry. I honestly can't believe how the crowd starts booing every time Paul says something that's just pure common sense. It's funny because you see all these great ideas, and you think that maybe if you just reach enough people, you can change the country, but then you watch something like this and it's a really stark reminder of just how stupid the average voter is. I guess things will just keep going downhill until we're all paying 70% income taxes to subsidize seven different wars at once.

iggymcfly 10-22-2007 12:16 AM

FWIW, among the mainstream candidates, Thompson's the only one I could see myself supporting at all. He at least seems to be a genuine conservative on most issues whereas Romney's more big-government than a lot of the democrats and Giuiliani seems hell-bent on expanding the military industrial complex and destroying personal liberties. Oh, and if you really want a drinking game that will send you to the hospital, just take a shot every time Romney says "Ronal Reagan". His pandering's so transparent that it's ridiculous.

Scary_Tiger 10-22-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, among the mainstream candidates, Thompson's the only one I could see myself supporting at all. He at least seems to be a genuine conservative on most issues whereas Romney's more big-government than a lot of the democrats and Giuiliani seems hell-bent on expanding the military industrial complex and destroying personal liberties. Oh, and if you really want a drinking game that will send you to the hospital, just take a shot every time Romney says "Ronal Reagan". His pandering's so transparent that it's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me I rank them:

Ron Paul
(large gap)
Mike Huckabee
(small gap)
Fred Thompson
(huge gap)
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain

Copernicus 10-22-2007 12:43 AM

funniest line/text poll

McCain re the Woodstock Concert Museum "I was tied up at the time".

Paul winning the text pool after this debate is proof that its just flooding. He was awful, barely coherent, showed a lack of concentration early on. The positions he take are marginal to the majority of the GOP.

I think Huckabee and Romney showed the best, but Giuliani didn't hurt himself and he is still the most electable of the candidates.

Thompson is totally unimpressive.

I don't see why everyone is surprised at the Hillary mentions. They were appropriate to the questions, and she is clearly the Dem candidate.

iggymcfly 10-22-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For me I rank them:

Ron Paul
(large gap)
Mike Huckabee
(small gap)
Fred Thompson
(huge gap)
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with that ordering completely. The differences I'd have would be as small as maybe putting Thompson directly below Huckabee with no gap and then adding a gap between Giuiliani and McCain. I swear, every time McCain says something remotely relating to foreign policy, I get a little shiver down my spine and a vision of a nuclear armageddon. I'm so glad that he's not a frontrunner anymore.

MiloMinderbinder 10-22-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far, Mitt had a hair out of place, Fred called Teddy Kennedy a fatty and Mitt, 9/11 hero, Ol Fred, and McCain are arguing over who is the biggest conservative ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. imo.

JackWhite 10-22-2007 12:53 AM

I just caught a few minutes of the debate, so I cannot comment on the substance, but did anybody else think Ron Paul looked younger, tanner, and had more hair? Maybe he had a professional make up artist do a little touch up before the debate. Not a bad idea, if true.