Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   to oot's married people (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527520)

asofel 10-21-2007 12:40 AM

to oot\'s married people

How many of you feel like you married a great fit for you?

How many feel like you got about as best a fit as you could imagine?

How many found _the one_ ?

Just been thinking about relationships recently, friends, girlfriend/boyfriend, marriage, and so on, and I'm curious how many view their choices, especially a few years in...

MiloMinderbinder 10-21-2007 12:56 AM

Re: to oot\'s married people

[ QUOTE ]
How many of you feel like you married a great fit for you? YES

How many feel like you got about as best a fit as you could imagine? YES (more in the boobs maybe)

How many found _the one_ ? YES

[/ QUOTE ]

TS Clark 10-21-2007 01:30 AM

Married for 18+ years now. I can honestly say I love my wife more now than I did the day we got married.

Marry a good, kind, supportive person and you'll never regret it.

tuq 10-21-2007 02:07 AM

Marriage is a tarp, not unlike the one which led to Vince Coleman's demise in the 1985 World Series. Don't do it.

MiloMinderbinder 10-21-2007 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Marriage is a tarp, not unlike the one which led to Vince Coleman's demise in the 1985 World Series. Don't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...mputergeek.jpg

Los Feliz Slim 10-21-2007 02:31 AM

Just watched Game 6 at a bar and my wife picked me up and brought me home. Awesome. I have much more on the subject, but I am drunk now.

tuq 10-21-2007 02:36 AM

Milo,

My single life as it pertains to that guy involves less facial hair, more pussy sighting, more of my face looking like a glazed donut, a better wardrobe, and nearly the same amount of masturbation. There is a reason I am the envy of all my married friends...I'm not them.

MiloMinderbinder 10-21-2007 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Milo,

My single life as it pertains to that guy involves less facial hair, more pussy sighting, more of my face looking like a glazed donut, a better wardrobe, and nearly the same amount of masturbation. There is a reason I am the envy of all my married friends...I'm not them.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://imamber.com/blog/wp-content/u...01/gerardo.jpg

kioshk 10-21-2007 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Married for 18+ years now. I can honestly say I love my wife more now than I did the day we got married.

Marry a good, kind, supportive person and you'll never regret it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simple-minded. Maybe she starts out kind and supportive, but then she changes. Maybe she wasn't kind or supportive to begin with; you just misjudged her. Maybe she decides you're not kind enough or supportive enough.

There's no recipe for marriage that will guarantee no regrets. You pay your money and you take your chances.

BretWeir 10-21-2007 05:49 AM

Married eight years, and yes to all. It can happen, but it isn't guaranteed.

FWIW, I met "the one" really early and got married relatively young. I do wish I had spent more time playing the field, sowing wild oats, hooking up w/ random sloots, etc.

But things happen when they happen. And I wouldn't trade where I am right now for anything in the world.

The Dude 10-21-2007 06:39 AM

FWIW, I was married for less than a year before we split up.

1. Yes, I married a good fit.
2. No, she was not the best person possible for me. No one ever is.
3. lol at the idea of "the one."

ACG2x 10-21-2007 08:22 AM

deleted

riverdance 10-21-2007 08:53 AM

dude in "single life ftw" pic has wedding ring

Toro 10-21-2007 10:12 AM

Forget those stupid questions.

The key is low maintenance. The level of maintenance required is directly proportional to the years you're married. So start with a low maintenance woman and you'll be fine.

TripleH68 10-21-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The key is low maintenance. The level of maintenance required is directly proportional to the years you're married. So start with a low maintenance woman and you'll be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I found 'the one.' Had to let her go. Life was too complicated.

27offsuit 10-21-2007 10:49 AM

I found 'the one'.

I'm incredibly lucky.

27offsuit 10-21-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's having a hard time letting go...

Five-Star 10-21-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's having a hard time letting go...

[/ QUOTE ]

or

http://hookmeup.files.wordpress.com/...e_costanza.jpg

CrazyEyez 10-21-2007 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Yes, I married a good fit.
2. No, she was not the best person possible for me. No one ever is.
3. lol at the idea of "the one."

[/ QUOTE ]
qft

I got married too young, which led to problems for awhile. But we stuck it out and now I couldn't really ask for much more. 10 years, two kids, lifeisgood.

casey_brick 10-21-2007 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

YES
Pretty darn close

She's not the one, but I don't think the one exists

[/ QUOTE ]

Marriage is alot of work after the first year or so. Finding some one you can get along with for the rest of your life is tough. If you think you've found that gal I suggest going for it.

Georgia Avenue 10-21-2007 11:52 AM

Lol

Rofl

Lmao

TheBlueMonster 10-21-2007 12:30 PM

I'm definitely worth more money now that our finances have been combined.

guids 10-21-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way you can possibly think this is how a single guy will end up, is if you were pretty much that dude before you got married. Well, you are still that dude, you just found some girl to tolerate you.

MiloMinderbinder 10-21-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way you can possibly think this is how a single guy will end up, is if you play online poker too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Boosted J 10-21-2007 02:10 PM

results to come, got married on August 11'th of this year....on 3 month honeymoon throughout europe right now while playing the EPT's =)

Brad1970 10-21-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there such a thing as a 'low maintenance' woman?

DING-DONG YO 10-21-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I married one. It's friggin awesome.

I don't care how hot or good in bed a woman is, don't marry a high-maintenace drama queen. My HS/college GF of 5 years was like that and thank God I got out of that while I was still young. My wife is the polar opposite.

and it has been said but bears repeating, lol at "the one".

and lol at you bitter single guys. lighten up fellas, there's plenty of ladies out there.

asofel 10-21-2007 03:03 PM

thx to all the replies, and no i'm not getting married or anything, was just kind of curious given the typical jokes about marriage and all, how many were really happy and how they viewed their wives...

DING-DONG YO 10-21-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Milo,

[/ QUOTE ]

tup, j/c, but how old are you?

are any of your married friends happy?

are you opposed to marriage completely, or just not interested in it ATM?

MrTrik 10-21-2007 08:45 PM

I married The One five years ago. We're going strong.

Unfortunately, it took a screw the pooch, monkey effing a muddy football, five year first marriage to figure out what I wanted, and more importantly, what I didn't want.

NozeCandy 10-21-2007 08:50 PM

I don't get how people call it "The One" when there are very likely many people in the world who you would be just as compatible with.

/nittiness

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-21-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get how people call it "The One" when there are very likely many people in the world who you would be just as compatible with.

/nittiness

[/ QUOTE ]
what is it about dumb people that you dont get?

27offsuit 10-21-2007 09:07 PM

I think some people in this thread are taking the term 'the one' a bit too literal.

It's obviously one of your ones.

XXXNoahXXX 10-21-2007 09:17 PM

I don't think anyone is saying that if they had never met their wife they'd be wandering the earth for eternity because they could not find they're one.

Similarly, I'm not foolish enough to believe that "wow, god is so cool, out of the billions of people all around the globe, he puts my "One" in the same year at the same college as me! thanks god!"

What I do think is possible is that given your location in the world, you experiences, your path in life, etc. there might be one person that you have encountered that is comparatively better for you than anyone else you've come across. And I think some people have found that woman and married her.

MrTrik 10-21-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

/nittiness

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok if you don't get it. There probably is no one out there who you would consider a perfect fit, a perfect compliment to who you are. Someday you might find it, many do not.

tuq 10-22-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tup, j/c, but how old are you?

are any of your married friends happy?

are you opposed to marriage completely, or just not interested in it ATM?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of them are, yes. That doesn't mean it's for me. I try not to project my idea of happiness onto others because I understand mine is pretty warped. I do know a couple that aren't particularly happy. Mostly, most of them are just now having kids (albeit they are in their mid-30s also, it just happens that most waited until now and now all their wives are popping like crazy).

I've made it clear to every woman I've been out for more than one date with that I don't want to get married. Waste of time IMO if I don't want kids, which I don't. This freaks some of them out. Whatever. At least I'm being honest. Currently, I'm going out with a 32-year-old with an 11-year-old kid. That freaks me out a bit but she's fresh out of a divorce so we're both on the same page, at least for now.

The Dude 10-22-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think some people in this thread are taking the term 'the one' a bit too literal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely not. "The one" is a pretty clear term. And even if someone thinks of it less rigidly than is traditional, we'd be much better off getting away from this phrase because of the ridiculous connotations it carries.

It's absurd to think that there's "one person out there for each of us." And I'm a romantic.

asofel 10-22-2007 02:40 AM

I think the variety of feelings regarding the phrase "the one" is pretty interesting in and of itself...I don't personally think there is one exact person in a karmic/religious/pre-ordained sort of way for me...

If anything I get math geeky about it and consider that there must be someone who is the best fit out of everyone out there...but the top 10 or who knows, top 100 could be within 0.0001% of each other, so how would know or really care....of course if they're 0.0001% similar, they're probably made of 99.9999% alcohol or something, and um, that just gets tricky...

Hendricks433 10-22-2007 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] because you dont like it, no one else should get married?

AquaSwing 10-22-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I married one. It's friggin awesome.

I don't care how hot or good in bed a woman is, don't marry a high-maintenace drama queen. My HS/college GF of 5 years was like that and thank God I got out of that while I was still young. My wife is the polar opposite.

and it has been said but bears repeating, lol at "the one".

and lol at you bitter single guys. lighten up fellas, there's plenty of ladies out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Even the timeline is right.

Edit: Damn, there went my enthusiast title.