Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Massive Social Beat (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526930)

quickfetus 10-20-2007 12:02 AM

Massive Social Beat

Beat: Transferred to UM (parents working here = free education) from old school in New England where I had tons of friends; currently know nobody in Miami except for chessplayers and a few UM students I play racquetball with.

Related Beat: In addition to being a transfer, I live off-campus, so I have no particularly natural way to meet people.

Further Beat: It would be easy enough to do social things and try to "meet people", but most people already have plenty of friends/set social networks etc.

Final Beat: I have a girlfriend on the other end of the country (yeah yeah I know, dump/cheat on her blah blah) which makes it pointless to meet girls.

Variance: Any 2+2ers here go to UM?

wiper 10-20-2007 12:05 AM

Re: Massive Social Beat

ohio, or florida?

plzleenowhammy 10-20-2007 12:10 AM

y does having a gf make it pointless to meet girls?

tarheeljks 10-20-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, b/c maybe he doesn't want to put himself in a position to cheat

SILLYGOOSER 10-20-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cry me a river you [censored]. Are you bakin some cookies for your neighbor right now?

MiloMinderbinder 10-20-2007 12:22 AM

WWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF??? ???????????

Anybody going to a major university complaining that its impossible to meet people is simply not trying at all!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no place in the world with more group activities than a college campus. Get off your ass and off 2+2.

tedfurlong 10-20-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Final Beat: I have a girlfriend on the other end of the country

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you may have a girlfriend but she sure as hell doesn't have a boyfriend.

deleteduser 10-20-2007 01:01 AM

I know someone who goes there, hes dating like a billionaire pm me for details. Your probally a smart guy since both your parents are profs, so you know to be a golddiger. Because really your brains will get you no further than 100k a year. To really make the money you have to be a heartless bastard, in this case you mary rich get the heartless bastard genes, and mix them with intellegent genes and you get the next senator or president.

quickfetus 10-20-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ohio, or florida?

[/ QUOTE ]

Florida

quickfetus 10-20-2007 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always found friendship with girls to be highly related to relationship interest/sexual attraction, at least on some level.

quickfetus 10-20-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cry me a river you [censored]. Are you bakin some cookies for your neighbor right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag: I am not you. Go back to beating up a gay guy or whatever it is you do in your spare time, [censored].

quickfetus 10-20-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Final Beat: I have a girlfriend on the other end of the country

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you may have a girlfriend but she sure as hell doesn't have a boyfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol dickaments

ncboiler 10-20-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ohio, or florida?

[/ QUOTE ]

Florida

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a school? Thought it was a prison football team.

allaboutheu 10-20-2007 02:09 AM

Go hang out at The Rat. Its' a great place to go with friends, or to meet people. Also lot's of events going on there generally on Fri and Sat nights. If your a football fan go there on Sunday for your team's game they will have it on and a bunch of your fans will be there, pretty cool. Plus, drinking between classes is always +EV.

quickfetus 10-20-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go hang out at The Rat. Its' a great place to go with friends, or to meet people. Also lot's of events going on there generally on Fri and Sat nights. If your a football fan go there on Sunday for your team's game they will have it on and a bunch of your fans will be there, pretty cool. Plus, drinking between classes is always +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've heard the Rat is a good place to meet people. Honestly, I don't think I'd have trouble meeting people if I tried; making friends is normally not much of an issue for me. The REAL problem is that I've been too lazy to do anything to make it happen. I'm glad I'm starting to realise this.

kiddcheckers 10-20-2007 06:55 AM

get a job at a hot spot on campus. I was a transfer, this did wonders for me. Met everyone.