Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   AP just paid me. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526758)

dorethawsp 10-19-2007 06:19 PM

AP just paid me.

Less than 24 hours after I requested payment.

pattay 10-19-2007 06:23 PM

Re: AP just paid me.

k

steel108 10-19-2007 06:40 PM

good job?

Viscant 10-19-2007 07:14 PM

While normally this isn't newsworthy, I'll admit, I also was pretty psyched when AP actually paid me this morning. It had been a few days in my case and I was starting to wonder.

RamGad 10-19-2007 07:17 PM

What payment method?

a nonymous 10-19-2007 07:23 PM

And your point is?

dorethawsp 10-19-2007 07:48 PM

Sorry to post. Thought it might put some folks that have money in there at ease.

Viscant 10-19-2007 08:47 PM

Epass for me. After what I'd heard about them bouncing checks, I didn't want to go through that mess.

10-19-2007 09:46 PM

I wonder how payouts at Absolute are going to go in the future. As more and more players at Absolute find out about this, I wonder if chargebacks are going to become a major problem.

If I made a deposit using a credit or debit card and lost in a very suspicious manner, I wouldn't hesitate to request a chargeback with my credit card company. And because of this controvery, Absolute probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

ubercuber 10-19-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how payouts at Absolute are going to go in the future. As more and more players at Absolute find out about this, I wonder if chargebacks are going to become a major problem.

If I made a deposit using a credit or debit card and lost in a very suspicious manner, I wouldn't hesitate to request a chargeback with my credit card company. And because of this controvery, Absolute probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad advice. This ordeal neither verifies every idiots claim that they were cheated, nor justifies fraudulent actions to "remedy" those claims.

They may not be able to do anything about it, but that doesn't make it right.

Edited to note that you weren't necessarily recommending anybody do this but that it could be interpreted as a good idea, which it is not.

jkpoker 10-20-2007 04:53 AM

I really doubt there will be a payment problem anytime soon on AP.

First there would need to be a major sudden drop in traffic.

I dont see the superuser thing doing that. As far as all the info is pointing there where not a large amount of these accounts there was one possislbe a handful. And it was people formally very high up in the organization that made this happen.

In short

The donks wont notice.

The grinders make to much there.

jkpoker 10-20-2007 04:56 AM

BTW there site has actually been growing as of last few months that will most likely change.

They also own UB which has its own set of problems but they 7-8 both respectfully on site traffic

10-20-2007 03:55 PM

I would think that probably only 10-15 percent max of the players on the site have any knowledge of what is going on. Now, with the mainstream media picking it up some, that could change.

jman220 10-20-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think that probably only 10-15 percent max of the players on the site have any knowledge of what is going on. Now, with the mainstream media picking it up some, that could change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're wrong about that 10-15 percent number. I had a home game two days ago with people who don't even play online poker, and probably don't know what an internet message board is. I was floored when two of them told me: 1. That there was cheating going on at absolute poker, and 2. That it was the CEO doing the cheating. This story has legs.

HajiShirazu 10-21-2007 01:56 AM

Definitely, I just had some guy who doesn't even play poker at all ask me about it the other day.

F. McSimmons 10-21-2007 02:00 AM

My grandmother emailed me about it, asking me if I knew.

she doesn't even play pokers but she knows I do.