Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Teach me not to suck (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526044)

StrictlyStrategy 10-18-2007 07:08 PM

Teach me not to suck

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Sushiglutton 10-18-2007 07:14 PM

Re: Teach me not to suck

Teach me not to suck

First u need to use a proper converter

euroglot 10-18-2007 07:19 PM

Is think I'll still call here. He could be tryin for a freecard play with a flushdraw or like 9Q or so, and thought he could bluff you out of the pot on the turn. I don't know how agressive/passive he is but...
I think I'll call an agressive player and fold to a passive player.

One Outer 10-18-2007 07:49 PM

I'm going to say fold because you're not beating anything but I know I'm going to be crucified for it. Whatever, I'm still folding.

DeuceKicker 10-18-2007 08:02 PM

A read would really, really help.

James. 10-18-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A read would really, really help.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would normally say that playing poker against an unknown is part of the game. these days there's really no reason for it online. you should really datamine a game before you play it.

Ricks 10-18-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should really datamine a game before you play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars takes a dim view of this, James.

James. 10-18-2007 08:18 PM

given a typical EP limper range and that very coordinated flop, i don't think i want 3bets going in with 2 cards to come.

i would bet/call the flop and donk the turn. if he raises i would call and c/f or c/c the river UI depending on what i know about villain.

Mitke 10-19-2007 01:37 AM

You only beat A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and it probably is not in his limping range from EP. You lose to every pp from AA-66 (bar QQ). I suspect a capped flop with KQ is not very likely either.

Fold on the river.

That flop is awful. Only Js really help you and only non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rags smaller than 6 are relatively harmless.

So, put money in now on the flop when we still might be ahead or wait for safe turn card before getting aggressive? I think James' line is good.

You did get past 98,97,87 on the river though so maybe you have reason to call - maybe.

Xhad 10-19-2007 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to say fold because you're not beating anything but I know I'm going to be crucified for it. Whatever, I'm still folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, you only beat flopped bottom two pair that decided to bluff the river anyway.

SNOWBALL 10-19-2007 08:24 AM

Any stats? I ALWAYS datamine.
w/o reads you have to play based on how the average player in your game plays. How does the average 1/2 player play?

Rico Suave 10-19-2007 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
given a typical EP limper range and that very coordinated flop, i don't think i want 3bets going in with 2 cards to come.

i would bet/call the flop and donk the turn. if he raises i would call and c/f or c/c the river UI depending on what i know about villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about not 3-betting the flop. If I just call the flop raise, I am donking most turn cards. But I don't know if I donk this one--which is probably wrong.

--Rico

James. 10-19-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about not 3-betting the flop. If I just call the flop raise, I am donking most turn cards. But I don't know if I donk this one--which is probably wrong.

--Rico

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a bad card for us. but the way i look at it is this: if we check the turn, villain usually only bets it if we are behind. this means that the hands we want to charge will check behind and take the free card, while the hands charging us will bet and make us pay.

so my plan is to put in two bets UI on the big streets. if behind, i would rather them both go in on the turn where i at least carry a bit of suckout equity while also charging the hands we are ahead of to outdraw us.

if we bet and get raised, we are most always behind which makes a c/f UI on the river the correct play.

Yepitis 10-19-2007 11:18 AM

Letting players keep track of all the habits of other players only helps the good players and hurts the bad. Poker sites should do all they can to keep external programs from tracking their games. You don't have this ability in live poker room nor should you have it online. If the bad players never ever win then who are you going to make money off of once they stop playing?