Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Explain to me why this might be bad (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525833)

ajmargarine 10-18-2007 01:50 PM

Explain to me why this might be bad

BB: $307.95
UTG: $19.35
CO: $302.20
Hero (BTN): $191.70
SB: $177.70

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $6</font>, BTN calls $6, 2 folds

Flop: ($15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, CO calls $8

Turn: ($31) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($31) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $23</font>...

Assume unknown villain (who is multitabling tho)

thac 10-18-2007 01:52 PM

Re: Explain to me why this might be bad

I'd rather 3-bet or fold pre.. and you should bet here because you'd bet with hands that don't have SD value even though everything hit.. You can fire the turn if you wanna not rep the FD.

Also, bet 12-14 on flop.

BombayBadboy 10-18-2007 01:53 PM

I bet turn because he has KK/JJ/TT holdings alot. He is never raisng the turn (every sane player leads flop with strong hands), so try to get him off his pair. If we get called, we have outs.

djj6835 10-18-2007 01:54 PM

Doesn't seem that bad. Bet more on the flop and I would bet the turn a lot too. Villain rarely has an ace in this spot.

chiTown22 10-18-2007 01:54 PM

I would bet the turn. When you check behind you basically reduce your ways of winning the pot to improving your hand. If you bet the turn you continue to rep a real hand and give yourself more than one way to win the pot.

Also, checking behind to hit a 6 high flush is not a great idea to start with.

traz 10-18-2007 01:57 PM

I'd rather 3bet pf and fire the turn (I don't see how he could cc the flop and the turn unless he's terrible or drawing)

SnglMaltScotch 10-18-2007 01:57 PM

3bet or fold pf. You want control of this hand if you are going to play it. I bet the turn also.

SMS

BombayBadboy 10-18-2007 02:00 PM

I'm really confused as to why people think they have to have 'control' of a hand. Nobody likes having position in a smaller pot?

Bookworm 10-18-2007 02:01 PM

This looks fine.

Im asuming villian has somekind of medium+ hand. Like KQ/Ax or a weak draw.
Betting the river can only be bad if villian has a bigger flush. I would autobet this river, but it is hard to see villian look us up here, with something we beat.

Unknown Soldier 10-18-2007 02:11 PM

more on the flop and bet the turn. Other then that it's fine.

BGnight 10-18-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tbaarslag 10-18-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much FE do you estimate we have on the turn?

ajmargarine 10-18-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why more on the flop? Why bet the turn?

starkwired 10-18-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really confused as to why people think they have to have 'control' of a hand. Nobody likes having position in a smaller pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly. i don't see what is horrible about calling here preflop, especially for a slightly smaller open

Jamougha 10-18-2007 02:38 PM

Without reads you should generally fold preflop.

BGnight 10-18-2007 02:39 PM

Cuz he folds a ton of Q,JJ,TT, gutshot type hands on turn and you gots outs if called.

djj6835 10-18-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Why more on the flop? Why bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the flop bet size isn't critical but I would just bet more here with a draw because I would also bet more with a made hand. Bet the turn b/c it folds out a decent portion of villains range that beats us such as underpairs, KQ, and villain is rarely strong enough to check raise this turn.

Noam Chomsky 10-18-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you're balancing here between maximising FE and building a pot to get value in those rare instances when he doesn't go away and you hit.

carrotsnake 10-18-2007 02:51 PM

more on the flop cuz I can't imagine you bet 1/2 pot usually, shrug on turn. Cuz of your bet on the flop, I'd 1/2 the turn too. Flip a coin though. And pre is le fine.

grando 10-18-2007 02:53 PM

this is fine

DaycareInferno 10-18-2007 02:54 PM

against an unknown multitabler, i would assume that this player cbets most of the time with the lead heads up, so i kind of think you miss an opportunity on the flop. i pretty much 3/4 that with atc, because the vast majority of the time, the guy in front of you just gave up and decided that a cbet wasn't profitable on that high coordinated board.

on the turn, i think you miss another opportunity. what can this guy have other than a draw, assuming that he doesn't suck? i guess he could have something like KK, but he probably folds that to a decent sized bet on the turn anyway. he could also be on top of your draw.

its seems nice on the surface that you got 2 cards for $8, but i dont think this guy is usually putting much money in the pot anyway. i don't really so much like drawing cheap if i'm not likely to get paid, and i have a really high percentage chance of taking down the pot. maybe i'm way off on that. i dunno.

Dire 10-18-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you're balancing here between maximising FE and building a pot to get value in those rare instances when he doesn't go away and you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this. If he does call the turn (which he usually won't), you may not get any more value if the flush hits on the river - but you're very often getting value if a 4/6 hits on the river. You're betting 25 on the turn to win 70 on the river! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

FGators 10-18-2007 02:58 PM

Re: Explain to me why this might be bad *DELETED*

Post deleted by ajmargarine

Isura 10-18-2007 03:03 PM

This is fine. So is betting more on flop and turn. I think PF is fine

Claunchy 10-18-2007 03:03 PM

This line isn't that bad. My thoughts:

Calling pre is fine as long as you aren't always c/fing missed flops. Which I'm assuming you aren't since you aren't a fish.

Flop bet is only okay if you make bets of that size a lot. Otherwise it's kinda suspicious looking; more so than your hand already is (b/c who cc's pre with an A anyway?).

Turn is whatever. Betting is probably slightly better against most nitty TAGs though (they aren't c/cing A's on the flop).

River is obv standard.

BGnight 10-18-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmao. I didn't read it. Must have been gold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thac 10-18-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmao. I didn't read it. Must have been gold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol it was

the machine 10-18-2007 04:15 PM

it might be bad because hes been so passive throughout the hand postflop and what hand is actually going to pay you off when you bet the river. when you get check raised you are in a [censored] spot.

tannenj 10-18-2007 04:18 PM

i feel strongly that preflop is fine. i'd make a much bigger flop bet. betting turn is alright too.

pineapple888 10-18-2007 04:35 PM

Cause your starting hand sux
Cause you made a blocking-type bet in position on the flop
Cause you didn't follow through on the turn
Cause you aren't getting paid off on the river all that often, and will always get looked up when you are behind

pr0crast 10-18-2007 05:25 PM

Your small flop bet makes no sense. You want some FE with your semi bluff, don't you?

ikestoys 10-18-2007 05:28 PM

to all those saying 3bet pre... we have position with a marginal hand. 3bet pre decreases our positional advantage. You need to learn how to steal a pot when you aren't the preflop aggressor

Speedlimits 10-18-2007 05:30 PM

This should be 3bet pf.
as played bet turn

bilbo-san 10-18-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This should be 3bet pf.
as played bet turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people really have no clue how to play the button.

Everyone re-read Ikes post.

It's ok to occasionally 3-bet this. Saying that 3-betting should be the default play is just plain false.

Speedlimits 10-18-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This should be 3bet pf.
as played bet turn

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok to occasionally 3-bet this. Saying that 3-betting should be the default play is just plain false.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude 3betting is the nuts and if you aren't exploiting the sh.it out of it you need to go rework your game.

calling is OK if you make moves on certain flops but 3betting is still infinitely better.

orange 10-18-2007 05:41 PM

pf whatever.

flop i typically bet larger, as i would with most made hands.

turn i would typically bet but i suppose checking is fine. i think that we can get plenty of hands to fold to a turn bet, ie. KQ and the like. river is obv std.

ikestoys 10-18-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This should be 3bet pf.
as played bet turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude 3betting is the nuts and if you aren't exploiting the sh.it out of it you need to go rework your game.

calling is OK if you make moves on certain flops but 3betting is still infinitely better.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? tell me why 3betting in position here is infinitely better. Because I don't need to rework my game right now and I'm not 3betting here very often

EDIT: FYI, I play looser than you too.

bilbo-san 10-18-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This should be 3bet pf.
as played bet turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You work on exploiting your 3-betting. I'll work on exploiting MY BUTTON.

You think aggression &gt;&gt; position? GL with that.

Again, re-read Ike's post.

futuredoc85 10-18-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This should be 3bet pf.
as played bet turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

def not. 3-betting should be mixed in but calling leaves you more room to exploit your position

KLJ 10-18-2007 05:54 PM

i think speedlimits plays on party, disregard