Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   **Official** AP Superuser T-shirt Thread Part 2 Voting/Final Design (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524573)

FatalError 10-16-2007 08:54 PM

**Official** AP Superuser T-shirt Thread Part 2 Voting/Final Design

For reference the first thread is here
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12504258

Cliff Notes:
- No mark seif references funny as they might be because people don't want to get sued, please no more discussion of libel and litegation ect.
- The shirts are being made in 2 batches, we need ~100 for foxwoods WPT, there will be one version of this shirt, it will have the apcheats.com url on it somewhere
- After the order is placed for the foxwoods shirts whoever feels like making some money can open up a webshop and make these shirts available to the rest of 2p2, although the logo designers on the final design should be compensated.

we need people to volunteer to help with this or it absolutely will not happen and there will be no shirts

a lot of people want these shirts but nobody is really showing any interest in contributing money or time into this. i've said it a million times, i have no experience with any of this stuff. Please PM me if you would like to help

That being said here is an example of the designs
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/887...lineob6tv6.jpg

And here is your final poll, please remember you are voting for the shirt that will be worn at foxwoods NOT the final product which will likely be available in different colors and logos ect.

tufat23 10-16-2007 08:56 PM

Re: **Official** AP Superuser T-shirt Thread Part 2 Voting/Final Desig

i like no 3

edit: also potripper on the back makes it much more of an in joke than superuser

ibluffoldladies 10-16-2007 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like no 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Stosh 10-16-2007 08:57 PM

I vote #2

Pokeraddict 10-16-2007 08:59 PM

I'm certainly willing to help the cause.

mother_brain 10-16-2007 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also potripper on the back makes it much more of a bong joke to unimformed people

[/ QUOTE ]

i havent read the other thread so i dont know if this was brought up or not

FatalError 10-16-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm certainly willing to help the cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things we need right now in order

1. Someone to handle the cleanup and finalization of the shirt design into something a t-shirt design company can work from
2. money, 100 of these shirts is going to run around 1500$+ from what i've been told, honestly the best way to handle this is to have people donate up front and be reimbursed best we can, if we go this route i'll throw in 20% of the final cost (lol shortstackers)

I will handle distribution, i'm going to be at foxwoods in late oct and i'll have the shirts send to me there and organize something to get them handed out.

I can't stress enough what kind of time crunch we are under to get this done, the next major event after foxwoods is 5 weeks later at bellagio

PJo336 10-16-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote #2

[/ QUOTE ]

NLSoldier 10-16-2007 09:09 PM

i like 4

10-16-2007 09:15 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

FatalError 10-16-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 is only one that has a chance of being worn to a non-poker event by me but even that has a bit too much going on on the front of the shirt.

1 is good but i like something else on the front...how about just an AP logo on the breast?

[/ QUOTE ]

the point of THIS shirt is to get people interested in the AP superuser scam, an absolute logo on the front would appear to be advertising playing on absolute

solids 10-16-2007 09:20 PM

3 looks good.

trambopoline 10-16-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I vote #2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SNOWBALL 10-16-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like 4

[/ QUOTE ]

4 is way way the best

SNOWBALL 10-16-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 is only one that has a chance of being worn to a non-poker event by me but even that has a bit too much going on on the front of the shirt.

1 is good but i like something else on the front...how about just an AP logo on the breast?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would prefer #2 for casual wear

grizzla 10-16-2007 09:26 PM

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1...luteww2.th.jpg

Supersonic 10-16-2007 09:37 PM

If the aim here is to bring attention to the situation then Number 4 is the best but it still needs some work. Here is a quick effort to make it more obvious what is going on...

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/487/shirtxz3.jpg

It needs some kind of text imo to let people know what it's all about and more references to the website. Also on an aesthetic level I have made the front smaller which looks much nicer to me.

However if the idea is just to have an inside joke that only other 2+2ers/p5ers will get, then numbers 1 and 2 are awesome and I would definitely wear either.

FatalError 10-16-2007 09:43 PM

all it needs is some logos from castrol and tide detergent

DMoogle 10-16-2007 10:24 PM

FatalError, you should PM MikeyPatriot. I believe he's the one who took charge of the Barry Greenstein "LOL Donkaments" shirts... he could give you some advice on what to do.

gobbomom 10-16-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like no 3

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mj12 10-16-2007 10:56 PM

I like #2 for casual use

jmill2511 10-16-2007 11:12 PM

Yea also like two, but it's not good if the point is to educate people on the Absolute scam.

duckyfuzz 10-16-2007 11:16 PM

Supersonics one for Foxwoods and No. 3 for casual.

TNUC 10-16-2007 11:20 PM

1+2 look good , 3 is horrible

basementproject 10-16-2007 11:58 PM

2 hands down

mastr 10-17-2007 12:04 AM

please 2, but instead of saying superuser on the front, make the name superuser on the back.. please let it be this one. It can't actually say absolute poker on it without us getitng in trouble, it just won't get through the WPT filter, I'm almost POSITIVE of that. #2 looks the best gets the msg across and will get people to ask which is what we want, to GENERATE INTRIGUE

Summation: #2, but without it saying superusers on the front, and have it say superuser instead of potripper on the back

poker1O1 10-17-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 hands down

[/ QUOTE ]
true, but I would vote #3 if the logo took up the whole chest. Also, are only those going to foxwoods eligible to get one?? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

dibbs 10-17-2007 12:08 AM

mastr,

Since you seem experienced with this, what about absolutepokercheats.com? It's not ACTUALLY absolute, but obviously could be argued against by the WPT guys. Do they regulate this strongly early in or only on taped tables?

FatalError 10-17-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mastr,

Since you seem experienced with this, what about absolutepokercheats.com? It's not ACTUALLY absolute, but obviously could be argued against by the WPT guys. Do they regulate this strongly early in or only on taped tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

only final 6

dibbs 10-17-2007 12:15 AM

Good good

ianisakson 10-17-2007 12:19 AM

any chance I can have 1 mailed to me/brought to PCA. I prefer mail, will pay shipping. pm me plz

Supersonic 10-17-2007 12:20 AM

A black version of my one...

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6...tblack2ph3.jpg

And one with all text removed...
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5...rtblackqg4.jpg

The AP logo on this one and the image need some cleaning up by someone who doesn't suck with graphic software but I like the red on black.

I also want to reinforce the point that if people just see you wearing cool shirts that don't have the website or a message on, you are not going to create enough intrigue to get people to ask about it. It needs to be there for them to see without having to ask imo.

chester24 10-17-2007 12:42 AM

i think you should do one that says - Why be a Supernova when you can be a Superuser

THAY3R 10-17-2007 02:44 AM

FatalError has been banned for a day, OOT related I believe.

Something about NT, banks and abstinence.

dibbs 10-17-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FatalError has been banned for a day, OOT related I believe.

Something about NT, banks and abstinence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lololz, good timing too.

Clayton 10-17-2007 02:46 AM

i really prefer the 2nd tshirt in the OP

i dont think any mentioning of absolute poker directly on a tee shirt can be beneficial, from both the stance of tee-shirt production sites allowing it, as well as the practicality that is NOT WEARING ABSOLUTE ADVERTISING

that is, unless you add in those 5 sentences about AP cheating, and that just clutters things.

shirt #2 in the OP is the way to go, no exceptions.

Kimbell175113 10-17-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i really prefer the 2nd tshirt in the OP

i dont think any mentioning of absolute poker directly on a tee shirt can be beneficial, from both the stance of tee-shirt production sites allowing it, as well as the practicality that is NOT WEARING ABSOLUTE ADVERTISING

that is, unless you add in those 5 sentences about AP cheating, and that just clutters things.

shirt #2 in the OP is the way to go, no exceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't at first, but after a day or two I've come around and, well, I agree with all of this.

edit: wait, I like SUPERUSER instead of POTRIPPER on the back. First, it gets across the idea to people who have maybe only vaguely heard about this. And second, the cheating is such a vile thing, and the perpetrators so dumb, that I really don't want to wear their name around on my back.

blueflame 10-17-2007 02:56 AM

why does the t-shirt have to be black or white, how weak is that? brown? green? bright pink?

is there a simpler "absolute poker" logo you can put on the hat? seems that would be hard to print. maybe just AP with a diamond.

and please please please please dont use the mistral font, even helvetica is better :|

mastr 10-17-2007 03:08 AM

ok it seems pretty much a majority, should be design #2, should say superuser on the back instead of potripper, which seems to make the superusers on the front superfluous... the website probably shouldn't be on the shirt the more I think about it and instead just be on the business card along with the pxfactor URL... sounds good everyone?

Kimbell175113 10-17-2007 03:11 AM

And also, for max accuracy, POTRIPPER never was #363 (though they may have the same man behind them), only his accomplice. I know, I know, but the whole point of this fiasco was that being careful and accurate is paramount.