Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Can I be unbanned from OOT? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524101)

lippy 10-16-2007 08:50 AM

Can I be unbanned from OOT?

C'mon!

I don't suck. I have things to add. I watch too much TV and am bad with girls, doesn't this qualify me?

PLZ?!?!

Suigin406 10-16-2007 09:19 AM

Re: Can I be unbanned from OOT?

hang on, i'll log in with my admin account and let u back in

istewart 10-16-2007 09:21 AM

FWIW I like lippy.

tomdemaine 10-16-2007 09:25 AM

Executive decision : NO

The B 10-16-2007 10:48 AM

becoming perma-banned from OOT was the best thing that ever happened to me

NT! 10-16-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
becoming perma-banned from OOT was the best thing that ever happened to [b]OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

stabn 10-16-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
becoming perma-banned from OOT was the best thing that ever happened to OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

top 3 anyway.
damnit nt close your damn tags.

lippy 10-17-2007 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
becoming perma-banned from OOT was the best thing that ever happened to OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rigidity is such a perfect and necessary thing for online forums!

It's 2+2. I obviously don't suck. I like browsing this stuff when I'm playing poker and aren't a nuisance or anything. I think rules can be bent.

Aloysius 10-17-2007 07:07 PM

Why were you banned?

-Al

Suigin406 10-17-2007 10:28 PM

fwiw, lippy seems to have been a solid poster for as long as i can remember, i may be missing some big parts, but he seems to be fine...at least to me anyway

NT! 10-17-2007 10:58 PM

make a case for him then, with links

mbillie1 10-17-2007 11:05 PM

I like lippy, although I am far too lazy to look up links, so here are some other links that might persuade you anyway:

the case for lippy:

boscoboy 10-18-2007 12:08 AM

convinced me. Lippy for Mod 2007?

john voight 10-24-2007 02:00 AM

BBV FTW

MicroBob 10-24-2007 02:06 AM

Lippy - before you are to get my extremely inconsequential support you must appease my curiousity as to why you were banned from OOT in the first place.

Suigin406 10-24-2007 09:27 AM

lippy, any progress talking to an admin/nt about this??

XXXNoahXXX 10-24-2007 10:05 AM

Anyone who thinks I'm a good poster must also be one too

MiloMinderbinder 10-24-2007 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon!

I don't suck. I have things to add. I watch too much TV and am bad with girls, doesn't this qualify me?

PLZ?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

If stubby can post there, then the bar is low and I'm sure you qualify.

Injection 10-24-2007 10:10 AM

1. Post as a brag in BBV
2. ???
3. Profit

XXXNoahXXX 10-24-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon!

PLZ?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

If Milo isn't banned yet, then there is no standard, and I'm sure you qualify.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

lippy 10-24-2007 10:54 AM

Bob,

I got banned for the 3-star thing;

1) Posting requesting Taco Bell recommendations (pre-BBV4L duh)

2) Making a thread, during the Era of ask me threads galore, stating, "Ask Lippy about Ask Me threads". I still think this is funny. NT did not.

3) Posting in some thread saying that Scarlett Johannsen should lose a few pounds. Unpopular and dissenting opinions be damned!

I think it's about time to throw in the towel. It seems irrational to me that I should still be banned for such minor stuff, but hey, it's the interwebs. I still read OOT and find myself wanting to contribute and engage with those that know a lot more about THINGS than me, but whatever.

Suigin406 10-24-2007 11:09 AM

meh, 2 of those are iffy...u were prolly way out of line with the johannsen blashempy though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Los Feliz Slim 10-24-2007 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2) Making a thread, during the Era of ask me threads galore, stating, "Ask Lippy about Ask Me threads". I still think this is funny. NT did not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you should not be unbanned from OOT.

Post unto others as you would have them post unto you.

lippy 10-24-2007 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you should not be unbanned from OOT.

Post unto others as you would have them post unto you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize the wrong in making the post and wouldn't do something similar. I still think the commentary is funny, but the execution was poor.

NT! 10-24-2007 11:41 AM

yeah until you realize how utterly wrong you are there is no way you can be allowed in OOT

lippy 10-24-2007 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah until you realize how utterly wrong you are there is no way you can be allowed in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's funny. I know it's wrong.

Suigin406 10-24-2007 01:19 PM

lippy, doesn't look like u'll get anywhere with this now, ask nt again after the sux win the WS and ur chances improve

Needle77 10-24-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like lippy, although I am far too lazy to look up links, so here are some other links that might persuade you anyway:

the case for lippy:

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see how #4 didn't convince NT!. But #8 convinced me. But, I don't post in OOT becuase I'm pretty sure I wouldn't last more than a week there due to me making stupid sarcastic remarks and a dumb VY joke.

Edit: Nevermind keep Lippy banned he just posted in his own thread 4 times in SE. And I think i might be the only person other than him to view the thread.

Claunchy 10-24-2007 01:36 PM

Am I the only one who thinks #3 was waaay more egregious than #2? Scarlett is [censored] perfect.

To each his own I suppose (read: YGOS?)

NT! 10-24-2007 01:51 PM

needle,

having read your posts in SE, i think you would be an excellent OOT poster.

NT! 10-24-2007 01:52 PM

yeah i'm pretty sure #3 did it for me. it's not that i'm unwilling to revisit the decision, it's just that nobody has given me any good reason to let the guy post in OOT.

stabn 10-24-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm pretty sure #3 did it for me. it's not that i'm unwilling to revisit the decision, it's just that nobody has given me any good reason to let the guy post in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can ban him for a few days if he [censored] up.

NT! 10-24-2007 02:04 PM

right but i don't actually enjoy banning people that much so what good does that do me? it's not like i have a shortage of bannable people and i need to let some of the old ones back in before i can ban anymore.

ImsaKidd 10-24-2007 02:04 PM

I think 99% of people wouldn't get banned from OOT if they just stopped making OPs, period.

Even if you think its funny. Just stop.

lippy 10-24-2007 02:04 PM

LOL Needle.

NT,

At some point I'll go through and find, I dunno, 10 good posts I've made in other forums. Hell, even good ones from OOT back in the day.

I did start the dorm thread w/ over 4x the views of any other thread in that subforum.

NT! 10-24-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL Needle.

NT,

At some point I'll go through and find, I dunno, 10 good posts I've made in other forums. Hell, even good ones from OOT back in the day.

I did start the dorm thread w/ over 4x the views of any other thread in that subforum.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you started a thread about hot girls off facebook? where did you ever get an idea like that?

first sentence of that thread: 'this should boost post count.'

LOL

THEOSU 10-24-2007 02:06 PM

lippy,

the person who started the shana hiatt thread doesn't deserve props because people want(ed) to see her cans.

stabn 10-24-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right but i don't actually enjoy banning people that much so what good does that do me? it's not like i have a shortage of bannable people and i need to let some of the old ones back in before i can ban anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe daryn or one of the other mods does and would apperciate the chance to ban lippy.

tuq 10-24-2007 02:12 PM

This is slightly OT, but did anyone else prefer early WPT Hiatt to the last season or two that she was on? She was "touch myself hot" in some of those Aruba eps where she was wearing a thong bikini, but put on some unwanted weight, right around the time she dumped Van Patten and got with that producer guy or whatever he was.

I recently saw an ep for the first time in ages and the new one is OK in comparison. Early Shana was teh nuts, as the kids say in poker.

mbillie1 10-24-2007 02:15 PM

I'm eating skittles and those peanutbutter/cheese cracker thingies you get at bodegas.