Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How much do you play? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523668)

22mypoker 10-15-2007 06:29 PM

How much do you play?

Yesterday by speaking with a guy online he told me he plays 2-3K hands per day. He also told me he plays on 3-4 tables... And he told me it's pretty "normal" for a pro.

Sincerely I'm a little suprised, and so I'm opening this poll to see how much usually people play...

j4lvlie 10-15-2007 06:31 PM

Re: How much do you play?

mine is there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JSmith2007 10-15-2007 06:32 PM

>1500, varies really from 3-7, so I said on average 5, more than 3 tables, and medium stakes, usually 1/2-3/6 limit along with .50/1 NL/PL games sometimes

Jzo19 10-15-2007 06:56 PM

lol i could play 2k a day in my sleep ...

boohaa12 10-15-2007 07:10 PM

i play about 20-30 SNGS a day....

Split Suit 10-15-2007 07:35 PM

i think ur table breakup #s are kinda bad

DMoogle 10-15-2007 08:03 PM

I think you may have gotten your numbers wrong, OP. 2k-3k hands 4-tabling is approximately 7 to 11 hours a day for 6-max NLHE. Very few pros play 4 tables HU (unless against the same opponent on all 4 tables), and FR would be even more.

Also, I think the plurality of poker players on this site that take the game seriously play more than 3 tables.

Unfortunately I'm pretty lazy so a long session for me is 1,000 hands. I usually 3 or 4 table 5/10 and 3/6 6-max NLHE. I try to play every day of the week, but usually a take a few breaks during the month so there are some weeks where I might just play 2 or 3 days. Also this month I have barely played at all.

22mypoker 10-16-2007 09:02 AM

I must say I'm pretty surprised about the numbers I'm reading. Personally I find very difficult to play at 3 tables at the same time and I can't imagine how it can be possible to play at 4, 5 or even more. Well, also from a monitor point of view, how are you organized? Are you using a 42" LCD?

And if we play Fixed Limit instead of No Limit, the actions goes even faster. When I tried to play at 3 tables FL, 6-max, I basically got crazy after 15 minutes.

I'm glad to see the poker players are basically supermen :-)

How can, even the best pro, play at a reasonable speed, on 4 tables and still be profitable? Maybe this poll is biased by the fact that the answering population is composed mainly by micro-low stakes players who play faster and more for fun, caring a bit less about the profit?

xxSTWxx 10-16-2007 12:06 PM

it takes time to get used to. When I started out 2 years ago I could only play 2 tables of full-ring, 2 years later I play 7 tables of 6 max nlhe and its not that hard.

I worked up slowly, adding a table at a time until I was playing 8 tables of full ring, when I switched to 6 max I had to drop to 3 tables for a month, then added a 4th, etc until I got to 7, which for me is the magic number. 8 is just too many at the moment. If I'm tired I'll only play 6.

It does help that I've got twin 1600-1200 monitors. I couldn't do 6 or 7 with overlap.

Bobo Fett 10-16-2007 03:51 PM

Welcome to 2+2...I think you'll find as you read more you'll discover there are plenty of pros playiing 12+ tables of mid-high stakes poker. Just because YOU think it's way too hard doesn't mean it is. Don't get me wrong, I can't handle more than 3 or 4 and play properly either...but many can.

As for your monitor comment, a 42" monitor wouldn't be likely to help...resolution is what matters. I have 2 - 20" screens that would handle 8 tables w/o overlap or resizing...many more if I resized.

demon102 10-16-2007 05:09 PM

No limit is easier to multitable then fixed limit at least on stars, fixed limit just gives me no time to play 4 tables at a time where with nl I can play 12 tables of 6max nl after getting used to it.

22mypoker 10-17-2007 09:35 AM

No way guys - I'll never believe you can seriously play at 12 tables. I was hoping this poll to be an interesting one to see what's the people standards when playing online, and now we find ourself reading post of people claiming to play on 12 tables.
Even by clicking randomnly it will be quite tough to do it :-)

AudioPhile84 10-17-2007 10:50 AM

I used to play 4-5 tables at a time but I find it easier and more enjoyable if I'm just play 2-3 6max limit games on one MTT. Also I take breaks every 45-60 minutes because it's simply exhausting having to concentrate on multiple tables at the same time. As far a profitability is concerned I usually play 3/6 6max limit games and can easily make $60-$100 per hour if I'm playing 3 tables at time.

RoundTower 10-17-2007 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think ur table breakup #s are kinda bad

[/ QUOTE ]
qflol

NL__Fool 10-17-2007 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way guys - I'll never believe you can seriously play at 12 tables. I was hoping this poll to be an interesting one to see what's the people standards when playing online, and now we find ourself reading post of people claiming to play on 12 tables.
Even by clicking randomnly it will be quite tough to do it :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite easy actually. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean other can't

I play 15 tables of full ring NL100, or 12 tables of 6 max NL100 and 4 years ago when I started out playing I was 8 tabling the 3-6 and 5-10 6 max games

I play for a living.

What you are missing is that by playing these many tables my winrate drops significantly but my hourly rate increases

If you can play 3 tables at a time and win $10/table per hour thats $30/hour If you can 12 table and win $3 per table per hour thats $36 per hour,

Next comes rakeback, 3 tabling would get me about $4/hour
12 tabling gets me about $16/Hour

so 3 tabling = $30 + $4 =$34/hour
12 tabling = $36 + $16 =$52/hour

Thats a huge difference in the hourly rate. I'm going to make a lot more mistakes playing 12 tables then if I was playing 3 tables so my $$/hour per table drops but the sheer quantity of hands playing 12 tables make up for it.

Also anyone playing 12 tables are using programs such as PAHUD or Pokertracker which keeps track of every player you've ever played against, how many hands you have played against them, exactly how tight/loose they are, how much they raise pre flop, how aggresive they are how often they go to the river etc etc and about a doze other statistics that are needed for players multitabling that can't get reads because of the # of tables they are playing. Those statistics are availble during play so when you need to make a decision you look at their stats and then make a decision.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this poll is biased by the fact that the answering population is composed mainly by micro-low stakes players who play faster and more for fun, caring a bit less about the profit

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the exact opposite

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday by speaking with a guy online he told me he plays 2-3K hands per day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I average about 150K hands/month

runout_mick 10-17-2007 08:18 PM

I think OP will be surprised by this:

Dire 10-17-2007 08:25 PM

Multitabling just takes practice/experience. An analog in chess is 'lightning/bullet' chess. A whole game played with each player having a total of 60 seconds for all moves. It seems insane at first, but at high levels a strong bullet player could give an amateur 1 hour to his 60 seconds time odds and still win pretty easily.

I 12 table at $200 and below. 6 table at $400 and above. I would go insane playing less than 4 tables at any limit.

runout_mick 10-17-2007 08:26 PM

By the way, I usually 5-6 table, full ring, on a 19" laptop. I don't use a HUD, and if I add more tables my reads disappear.

kindling 10-17-2007 08:29 PM

You really can grow into more tables. I'm not sure what my max is, but I've gone from 2 to 4 tables of FRNL, and it's now 2nd nature. I've tried 6 tables at a time, and found it to be too much. I'll probably give it another go after I get more hands in. I like to see all of my tables, so tiling 6 tables on a 1920x1200 resolution is about as small as I like to go so far. If I try to add more, I'll have to adjust to stacking them.

Note to OP: I'm very part-time, so I like to get as many hands in as I can when I sit down to play. More tables = more hands = more experience = profit!

22mypoker 10-18-2007 02:46 AM

Good idea to define a poll where to specify the number of tables.

Anyway, I still don't believe people could play on 12 6-max tables. So, 12 means roughly 1000 hands per hour. Which means that you play 16 hands every minute (in average). Suppose you are folding roughly 25% of the time at the pre-flop, you play 4 times a FOLD and then around 12 times you have to play more than 1 move (so minimum 24 moves, I would say, reasonably 40 moves in total).
So, you are going to play around 45 moves per minute.
Considering the moves are (from a time point of view) randomly distributed, you are going to have several minutes where you have to play more than one move per second.

That's simply impossible.

DMoogle 10-18-2007 03:23 AM

Nope, you're wrong.

I usually play 3-4 tables of MSNL, but I've played 9 in the past. I had a very tough time concentrating and playing well, which is why I stick with 3-4, but I can definitely see how people can do it. Also, most players who play 12+ tables have a VP$IP of less than 25%... probably closer to 20%, sometimes even lower.

ZBTHorton 10-18-2007 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I still don't believe people could play on 12 6-max tables. So, 12 means roughly 1000 hands per hour. Which means that you play 16 hands every minute (in average). Suppose you are folding roughly 25% of the time at the pre-flop, you play 4 times a FOLD and then around 12 times you have to play more than 1 move (so minimum 24 moves, I would say, reasonably 40 moves in total).
Considering the moves are (from a time point of view) randomly distributed, you are going to have several minutes where you have to play more than one move per second.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really not that hard. By the way, you fold a lot more than 25% of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TheScientist 10-18-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really not that hard. By the way, you fold a lot more than 25% of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhh!

(cough) Any two can win! Gus Hansen rules! All-in, baby!

frozzor 10-18-2007 03:56 AM

fish r funny

NL__Fool 10-18-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really not that hard. By the way, you fold a lot more than 25% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most winning players see about 20-30% of flops not 75% like you suggested.

That means you are folding 75% of the time.

But if you want to play 75% of your hands preflop please by all means do so. Can I have your screenname?

Here are the correct calculations for you.

1000 hands 12 tabling 6 max playing 25% of your hands = 250 hands/hour played (this will vary somewhat depending on the player as some winning players play 20% of hands and some play 30%)

You are playing 4 hands per minute where you have seen the flop and of those 4 hands not everyone will go to the river.

A winning players went to showdown % is somewhere around 20-25% meaning of the 4 hands you played you are only going to showdown with 1 of them

The other 3 hands won't go past the turn and probably only 1 will make it past the flop.

So we have:

8 folds + 4 call or raises preflop =12 "clicks or moves"
1 hand with flop turn and river action = "3 clicks"
2 hands with flop action = "2 clicks"

= 17 clicks total give or take

Also the big thing you are not realizing is THE TIME BANK please BE AWARE of the fact that 99% of the sites give you anywhere from 20-30 seconds to make a decision when it was your turn to act on every street plus 99% of the sites have a time button which can be hit which gives you an additional time to make your move on every street.

PokerStars for example gives you 60 seconds extra if you hit the time button on top of the 30 seconds they already give to make your decision you every time you hit the time button at each table you sit at.

So of the 4 hands that I am going to be involved in every minute. I have 30 seconds to make a decision preflop, then an addition 30 seconds on the flop, then an additonal 30 seconds on the turn then an additional 30 secoonds on the river then additional 60 seonds from my time bank to make a deciion plus the time it takes for other players to make their moves.

That's a big difference between the #'s you randomly spitted out and the actual #'s from any winning NL player.

You are wrong do you see why?

DMoogle 10-18-2007 03:42 PM

Oh you said FOLDING 25% of the time?

roflllllllllll s/n please

fanmail 10-18-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
>1500, varies really from 3-7, so I said on average 5, more than 3 tables, and medium stakes, usually 1/2-3/6 limit along with .50/1 NL/PL games sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a nit, but those aren't medium stakes.

solucky 10-20-2007 06:27 PM

played much more a year ago....poker lost alot of value for me.