Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   EDF Halloween/Paranormal thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523656)

guids 10-15-2007 06:07 PM

EDF Halloween/Paranormal thread

With halloween in a couple weeks I think a good scary story thread is in order. I just got done reading tedthecaver.com, good read but its a hoax/exercise in creative writing, pretty good, especially the feeling you get from his last page, it really gets the point of fear across. I personally dont have many stories about ghosts etc, but I love "real life" stories rather than things like tedthecaver, so if anyone has any stories/links to true stories of the paranormal, post em, should be a good read at night

guids 10-15-2007 06:19 PM

Re: EDF Halloween/Paranormal thread

This is the story of the Lemp Mansion, its about 15 minutes from my house, supposedly one of the most haunted places in America:

http://www.ghost-investigators.com/S...p?story_num=25

and there are pictures floating around of a face, that looks like zeke the monkey boys, but I cant find them right now

Ship Ship McGipp 10-15-2007 06:23 PM

These are all BS

guids 10-15-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are all BS

[/ QUOTE ]

What are all BS?

Los Feliz Slim 10-15-2007 06:33 PM

The only thing scary about Lemp is the beer.

Heyyooooo!

MissT74 10-15-2007 06:44 PM

I once brought something out of my dream. Seriously, I had a witness too. I may TR it later if there's interest.

T

XXXNoahXXX 10-15-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once brought something out of my dream. Seriously, I had a witness too. I may TR it later if there's interest.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Interest +1.

Dan. 10-15-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Interest +2.

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo 10-15-2007 08:29 PM

Miss,

"I once brought something out of my dream. Seriously, I had a witness too."

OK, let's hear it.

MissT74 10-15-2007 08:31 PM

I always hate trying to explain dreams, but I'll go for this one. It was a more clearer dream then most are and I still remember it to this day even though it happened 17 years ago.

I was working at Baskin Robbins at the time as a cake decorator. To clean the tips of the icing tubes we used little pipe cleaners as seen in this pic, the bottom utensil.

http://www.cooking.com/images/produc...dde/103270.jpg

I get home from work one night and had a dream that a killer was at the BR store, trying to get to me and I was hiding behind the cake freezer (about 7 ft high) and then I reached into my drawer which holds my tip cleaners to grab a knife, which is also kept in that drawer. I grabbed the knife and just as the murderer was upon me, I woke up.

I was sharing a room with my sister and after I woke up I felt something under my back, I got up and saw that it was one of the tip cleaners. I FREAKED out, woke up my sister, explained what was going on and THEN she said, "OMG, right when you woke me up I was having a dream of a knife cutting through the air" (Kind of Jason style, with the whole "eeeeek....eeeeeekk....eeeek" if you know what I mean)

Needless to say we didn't go back to sleep for awhile.

Never found out how that tip cleaner got into my bed, as even if I did happen to bring it home with me, stuck on my clothes or something, I changed in the BATHROOM, not in my bedroom. Still freaks me out to think about it.

Hence, the only logical conclusion that I could come up with is that I brought it into my bed from out of the dream.

T

XXXNoahXXX 10-15-2007 08:43 PM

MissT,

Reminds me of some tv show i saw. family put the dog into a kennel before their vacation. as they're driving down the road that night, heavy fog, they see their dog running along the side of the road. they are convinced it is him, so they pull over. as they pullover, they can't find the dog, but then hear a crash. turns out it was like a 30 car pileup with many fatalities. they go back to get the dog, and he is all wet and is chewing on a branch which nobody knew where it came from.

also, your story is weird but cool.

MissT74 10-16-2007 12:32 AM

I don't know what to say but LOL

I'm thinking I'm going to write it up in a fictional story style on my blog. Will let you all know when it's done, give me a few days.

T

Gobias Ind. 10-16-2007 03:44 AM

I really hope this thread picks up steam. The apartment I used to live at, roughly 18 months ago was quite haunted with poltergeist activity.

bottomset 10-16-2007 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MissT,

Reminds me of some tv show i saw. family put the dog into a kennel before their vacation. as they're driving down the road that night, heavy fog, they see their dog running along the side of the road. they are convinced it is him, so they pull over. as they pullover, they can't find the dog, but then hear a crash. turns out it was like a 30 car pileup with many fatalities. they go back to get the dog, and he is all wet and is chewing on a branch which nobody knew where it came from.

also, your story is weird but cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmn if Final Destination has proven anything, they died a horrible death soon after(the dog too)

TiK 10-16-2007 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got done reading tedthecaver.com, good read but its a hoax/exercise in creative writing, pretty good, especially the feeling you get from his last page, it really gets the point of fear across.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link. I'm up to about page 9 when I stopped reading last night. The suspense is building. Creepy as hell.

DMC0627 11-11-2007 04:42 AM

I definitely believe in the paranormal. I have had some strange experiences which I can't really explain. One of the weirdest and creepiest I had was in Dudleytown (CT). I went there with my sister because we were in the area and heard so much about it being haunted.

When we pulled up we were going to get out to take some pics. As we were about to get out of the car, I literally had scratches appear on my hand. It was bleeding pretty badly, and we had to drive to a general store (not much around there) to get some bandages. I checked online, and other people have posted about being scratched there. Strangely, it was just me, not my sister. Itscared me pretty badly and I will never go back there again.

kurosh 11-11-2007 10:45 AM

I had a dream where I was sitting in the middle row of my parent's minivan and my mom was driving. The front passenger seat was empty, which was strange, because if no one was there, I should be. I'm a bit foggy on the exact specifics of it leading up to the situation in the dream since it was 3 years ago, but we were driving on a curvy road on a mountain, with a forest beneath us. It's raining hard and my mom is upset for some reason. Something about a restaurant caused it. The car slips, falls off the mountain and starts tumbling through the air to the forest below. Everything started to go in slow motion. Right before we hit the ground, everything went black and I FELT myself leaving my body. It's still the most terrifying feeling I've ever experienced. Imagine your soul being ripped from your body.

Needless to say, I woke up covered in sweat and scared shitless. I did not go back to sleep that night. You're not supposed to be able to experience dying in a dream. That was the only time I ever had.

I told a lot of people about my dream, every specific of it.

2-3 months later, I'd mostly forgotten about it. My brother (14), mother and myself (18) were driving to Canada to visit family from Illinois. We were about two hours into the drive. We stopped at a rest spot to use the bathrooms and left shortly. I was sleeping in the middle row of the van and so I just stayed there. My brother was sleeping in the back row.

We go about 30-45 minutes until my mom wakes me up to ask if I want anything from a fast food drive through. It's raining. I tell her no and she continues to ask my little brother. He doesn't answer, so she tells me to wake him up. I get up, peek over... he's not there. No mom, not joking, he's not there.

Obviously, mom starts to freak out. We figure he must have left the car when she wasn't paying attention at the rest stop and she assumed she was in the back row sleeping. She gets directions to the local police station and books it there. About two minutes later we get there and go in. They say they'll dispatch someone close to the rest stop and we can go too if we like. Obviously, we go.

The rain starts to really pick up at this point. I get back in the middle row of the van out of habit. She gets on the highway, speeding and driving a little erratically because she's so upset. I don't think anything of the driving because it's not that bad, just fast, and I'm worried about my brother too. The dream hasn't even crossed my mind yet. A curve comes up on the highway, I look over... and there is a huge forest. HOLY [censored] MOM SLOW DOWN STOP STOP STOP STOP!!! I'd told her about the dream the day it happened. It only took a quick reminder of it before she remembers and is a bit shaken by it.

adsman 11-11-2007 11:02 AM

Kurosh,

That's ... freaky.

Borodog 11-11-2007 07:36 PM

In 1996 my dog became very sick very suddenly. He had to be put down, after he had been moved to the hospital at the local college of veterinary medicine, which is very much like a human hospital and has that "hospital smell" that you cannot mistake.

Afterward, my wife (at the time) and I were very upset, and did not want to go home. We ended up having dinner with two good friends who were also huge "animal people" and had sort of a celebration of his life (he was a great, great dog). Sounds weird, I know.

Anyway, we got home at maybe 8 o'clock at night. As soon as we walked into the apartment door, the smell of the vet hospital hit us in the face, thick, heavy, unmistakable. We had not been home since we'd left the hospital maybe 4 hours before. Both of us recognized it immediately. It is unlike any smell that would ever normally be in our apartment. We'd never smelled anything like it there before, and never smelled it again afterward.

I have no explanation for this event, but both of us experienced it, and it was, as I said, unmistakable.

MindGamez 11-12-2007 01:30 AM

one time, after a lil drinkin, i went to bed upstairs, and woke up on the couch downstairs... i dont think i was drunk enough to blackout and walk downstairs for no reason, so ill never know if i sleepwalked or blacked out. my mom woke me up and she was like wtf are you doin here, and i was like wtf how did i get here. that was wierd.

mntbikr15 11-12-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kurosh,

That's ... freaky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.....wow

kurosh 11-12-2007 02:04 PM

Yeah, I had forgotten about it until I read this thread and started to think about weird things that have happened to me. It's still surreal when I think about it.

In my dream, when the van went off the road, I saw it tumbling through the air from a 3rd person view in slow motion from different angles. Right before it hit the ground, everything went black. Everything was black... and then I felt myself leaving myself. Try to imagine your essence from deep inside of you slowly, but forcefully, leaving. It was like exhaling, but I couldn't stop.

I don't want to say there is no doubt in my mind that I dreamed my death and prevented it. Honestly, there shouldn't be. There were too many things that I specifically saw and remembered. How often does a situation like that come up? I wasn't remembering the dream incorrectly because I literally told at least 30 people. I told an entire class of people at school. I asked several of them about it and they confirmed.

I guess I don't want to say there's no doubt because it's [censored] scary as hell to admit it.