Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   shared bankroll - need to divorce!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523630)

tekmo7 10-15-2007 05:33 PM

shared bankroll - need to divorce!!

i started a bankroll with a buddy of mine about 6 months ago. each of us put in $500. we individually had a history of going broke from playing too big or going on tilt, so we decided it would be better for us if we used a shared bankroll to help us both from venturing into high limits and blowing our bankroll (under the assumption that we would not want to hurt a bankroll that someone else also has a stake in)...

it worked great and i actually have learned to excercise great bankroll management. i believe he has done the same based on the records that he has kept. he scored a nice tourney win one month in ($2200+) and has picked up the bankroll when i went through some downswings, but recently he hasn't been that focused. he rarely plays anymore and when he does, he loses little amounts that have added up to over $2K. on the other hand, i have been playing well and accounted for 85% of the playing time and profits over the past two months...it's getting frustrating that i play for long hours and play well, yet i only reap 50% of the benefits. he reassures me that he will be playing more after school is over but i am just not that confident with his dedication and skill anymore...i have a full-time job and other priorities as well but i still find time to help the "business" grow...in fact, he spends more time on halo 3 than anything else!

how do i end this partnership without hurting his feelings? or am i just being greedy? was this a big mistake to begin with? i dont know...sighhhhhh

wisehandpoker 10-15-2007 05:37 PM

Re: shared bankroll - need to divorce!!

Be honest and direct with him and tell him you want to split the roll 50-50. if he asks why, gently tell him your reasons wthout hedging. You have every right to make this move.

napkins 10-15-2007 05:39 PM

no need to get emo over this, just tell him you want to go on your own and split up the bankroll 50/50

ALLEN BOND 10-15-2007 05:44 PM

Get a superuser account at AP and who cares about his losses.

isapistola 10-15-2007 05:53 PM

offtopic question: if he managed to win a major online donkament do you think he would give you half the prize?

inyourface 10-15-2007 06:04 PM

where is that thread about CTS taking $5k off a guy who needed it for life saving surgery and begged for it back? It kind of reminds me of your situation, his mate blew it all and couldnt face what he had done

hehe

Rowem 10-15-2007 06:14 PM

Start a seperate account. Play what you feel is fair on the shared account, any extra you want to play do it on an account of your own.

elliot 10-15-2007 06:21 PM

lol at a "shared bankroll" of $1k

DERRRR PROFESSIONAL 0.25/0.50 NL

Rowem 10-15-2007 06:35 PM

Did you read past the first sentence of his post?

10-15-2007 06:39 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

tekmo7 10-15-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Start a seperate account. Play what you feel is fair on the shared account, any extra you want to play do it on an account of your own.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is an interesting setup...i will probably try this as a transition phase...thanks for the advice everyone

Willy 10-15-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just dishonest if you do not get his agreement first.

Innocent Kitty 10-15-2007 07:52 PM

just give him a reacharound

Kevin Browne 10-15-2007 08:03 PM

don't share a bankroll.

tekmo7 10-15-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
of course...i would never do it without his awareness

eviljeff 10-15-2007 08:17 PM

"This is the hardest letter I've ever had to write..."

highsteptd 10-15-2007 08:25 PM

split it 50/50 and play HU for it winner take all

roy_miami 10-15-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is an interesting setup...i will probably try this as a transition phase...thanks for the advice everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Chip dump from your shared account into this one. Everybodys a winner.

ajml 10-15-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Chip dump from your shared account into this one. Everybodys a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I was thinking wtf obviously be a man and just tell him and split it... This is a way better idea!

jjshabado 10-15-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad idea. How's it going to look when you lose 1K from the joint bankroll but win 5K on your own. What are you going to do if its the reverse?

Share or don't share. There is no split.

Abbaddabba 10-15-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
of course...i would never do it without his awareness

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a good chance that he isnt offering you that same honesty.

degenerates dont just suddenly stop playing.

yaaam1484 10-15-2007 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at a "shared bankroll" of $1k

DERRRR PROFESSIONAL 0.25/0.50 NL

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

no srsly what's wrong with that?

imabigdeal 10-15-2007 10:14 PM

be direct. he might not even care at all when you tell him

apefish 10-15-2007 10:34 PM

You don't even need to give a why. Just be nice and say you think it's a good time to chop it up and offer to let him keep the current account name or whatever it takes to smooth it over.

A good resolution is good for both in this case, more pressing for you it sounds like.

If you have both carried the account in terms of the workload/ winning at times he shouldn't have a complaint unless he sees you as a bankroll booster right now, in which case it may not go smoothly but you need to get the hell out of the arrangement anyhow.

NYTyler 10-15-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are you talking about? I hope you don't mean anything sexual here.

loosbastard 10-15-2007 11:08 PM

I was in a similar situation w/ my little brother. He'd go on a heater when I was in a downswing and vice versa...and it'd often lead to pointless arguments about who's carrying their weight, etc, etc. Just be honest w/ him and chop it up. You'll be glad you did.

beeks 10-15-2007 11:12 PM

Find someone else online and dump your earned share of profit to them for a small fee. Then leave and go on your own

Vitas23 10-16-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you do, you have to start the discussion with these two words:

'Look bitch...'

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

RikaKazak 10-16-2007 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no need to get emo over this, just tell him you want to go on your own and split up the bankroll 50/50

[/ QUOTE ]

StrongArm 10-16-2007 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are you talking about? I hope you don't mean anything sexual here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it means, steal the money in the account, good ole reacharound.

highsteptd 10-16-2007 04:46 AM

reacharound: n. The process of, while penetrating a partner from behind (Either anally or vaginally), reaching around and playing with his/her genitalia.
Contrary to popular belief, not only a homosexual act.

Metaphorically, reacharound and grab his money.

I_am_smrt 10-16-2007 06:13 AM

It's better to do it now, that's for sure.

davidlong14 10-16-2007 01:06 PM

...Be firm, honest & direct...the "rip" the band-aid method...

gbporkpie 10-16-2007 01:14 PM

Challenge your mate for a heads-up match for the entire roll.. obviously the most +EV solution.

Windforce 10-16-2007 01:24 PM

make a separate account, and each time you book a win transfer the winnings to second account, next time you log on you can transfer that money back to the shared account so you can have big enough roll, when you quit again send the winnings to second account. This way no hurt feelings and you still can follow your own bankroll.

tekmo7 10-16-2007 01:46 PM

thanks for all the advice [and wise cracks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]] yall...im splitting up the bankroll once we reach $15K or the end of the year...whatever comes first...we are at $11.5K right now...thanks again

killakev 10-16-2007 01:56 PM

Which friend is this? I saw two of your boys at Hollywood Park. Actually I gave one of them a nasty beat one time. I didn't realize he was your boy (although he looked familiar) until I saw him later in the week leaving with your other boy (the little guy that won the jackpot).

Good luck. I'm down for a home game this week if you're having one.

killakev 10-16-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Challenge your mate for a heads-up match for the entire roll.. obviously the most +EV solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

good idea

jono 10-16-2007 02:29 PM

just split it 50/50 .. tell him you're ready to spread your wings and fly

glimmertwin 10-16-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just split it 50/50 .. tell him you're ready to spread your cheeks and unzip his fly

[/ QUOTE ]