Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Ak, check raised on flop, what do u do (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523158)

halperin 10-15-2007 01:31 AM

Ak, check raised on flop, what do u do

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($207.90)
SB ($219.45)
BB ($210.90)
UTG ($202.20)
Hero ($415.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $5.

Flop: ($15) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $32</font>, Hero...

shpanko 10-15-2007 01:59 AM

Re: Ak, check raised on flop, what do u do

seems week but I'd fold, I think that his range is pretty polarized toward two pair+ and air with monsters being a larger part. I doubt he does this with KQ/KT or other marginal hands, so I'd fold

FishSticks 10-15-2007 02:03 AM

Well whatever you do don't reraise him here, either call or fold. Without any sort of read or whatever folding can't be that bad. If had seem him c/r some before or he was generally aggro/bluffy or whatever I'd be inclined to peel (and probably call a turn bet and fold unimproved if he shoved river I dunno).

Claunchy 10-15-2007 02:03 AM

Reads would help a lot. Without any, I guess I'd call and probably fold to a big turn bet.

wdead 10-15-2007 02:38 AM

fold

Dak9885 10-15-2007 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads would help a lot. Without any, I guess I'd call and probably fold to a big turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick Royale 10-15-2007 05:52 AM

I just fold.

dragonystic 10-15-2007 06:01 AM

in position, against an unknown, id call here and take a look at a turn card. villain might slowdown. its really hard to say without knowing something about him. any read whatsoever?

Nick Royale 10-15-2007 06:09 AM

This flop has hit his c/r range so much harder than it has hit us. It's not drawy, he either has a straight or he has not. We're way behind behind KJ/QT/J9/K9. If he actually did c/r KQ/QJ or something (which I don't consider likely at all), why do you think he'll slow down on the turn?

pdoran10 10-15-2007 06:18 AM

quick ninja fold.

VPIP100 10-15-2007 06:36 AM

I fold flop unless hes a total aggro donk.

djh860 10-15-2007 08:19 AM

2 pair and a flopped str8 seem unlikely because a blind would not want to call a raise with those hands pre flop. QT fpr the flopped str8 is also unlikely. The str8 draws would not be raising here IMO. So this feels like a set, AA or QQ feeler or poss KQ testing you. I would respect his raise. Now the question do you have odds and reason to call? I don't think so here is how I looked at it if he has a set you have 2 outs to a better set. If he has 2 pair that does not include a 9 you have 6 outs to a better 2 pair. If he has 2 pair and the board pairs any of the other cards he fills up. So I guess it comes down to one question Are you ahead right now? If not then fold.

Nick Royale 10-15-2007 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 pair and a flopped str8 seem unlikely because a blind would not want to call a raise with those hands pre flop. QT fpr the flopped str8 is also unlikely. The str8 draws would not be raising here IMO. So this feels like a set, AA or QQ feeler or poss KQ testing you. I would respect his raise. Now the question do you have odds and reason to call? I don't think so here is how I looked at it if he has a set you have 2 outs to a better set. If he has 2 pair that does not include a 9 you have 6 outs to a better 2 pair. If he has 2 pair and the board pairs any of the other cards he fills up. So I guess it comes down to one question Are you ahead right now? If not then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one of the worst posts I've ever read.

viper930 10-15-2007 08:35 AM

yah that post pretty much made my head explode

Lego05 10-15-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 pair and a flopped str8 seem unlikely because a blind would not want to call a raise with those hands pre flop. QT fpr the flopped str8 is also unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certainly possible. I'm not ruling out QT,KJ, or even K9 and J9. Definitely not without seeing some stats or reads.

[ QUOTE ]
The str8 draws would not be raising here IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea...probably not.

[ QUOTE ]

So this feels like a set, AA or QQ feeler or poss KQ testing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty unlikely he has AA,QQ though possible. He could have KQ, but this is really the only hand he could have here that hero beats I think. A set is likely.

[ QUOTE ]
I would respect his raise. Now the question do you have odds and reason to call? I don't think so here is how I looked at it if he has a set you have 2 outs to a better set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...no. If he has 99 and JJ for a set and you get one of the other 2 K's to come up on the board......then yes you now have 3 K's. And he has a full house 999KK or JJJKK. That beats your KKKAJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If he has 2 pair that does not include a 9 you have 6 outs to a better 2 pair. If he has 2 pair and the board pairs any of the other cards he fills up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again...no. If he has KJ then you have 3 outs: your A. If a 9 came up he would have KKJJ9. You would have KK99A. Two pairs K's and J's beats 2 pairs K's and 9's so you lose again. If he has J9 you have 5 outs ont he turn and if you miss likely 8 outs on the river. If he has K9 you have 6 outs on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess it comes down to one question Are you ahead right now? If not then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the question that hands come down to. It comes down to how much equity you have and the price you are getting.

At least you seem to have somehow arrived at what I think and judging from the other people who have posted what they think is the correct play. Fold. Though I suppose could call on flop and see turn (hoprefully he checks), but we really have to fold to any sizeable bet there so...