Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   *Official* Superuser T-Shirt Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523080)

FatalError 10-14-2007 11:22 PM

*Official* Superuser T-Shirt Thread

This thread is not for discussion of new absolute poker cheating theories or discussion.

The goal is to create a shirt which is funny, factual, and above all good looking. Hopefully we can fund the design and printing process by donations and provide them cheaply or even free.

It's probably too late to get this done for the US Poker Bowl but Foxwoods is coming up in early november and gets a huge turnout(including seif and the grinder) and exclusive cardplayer coverage this year.

The first step is to get a bunch of good designs and then vote on one, there are a lot of great artists on 2p2 so i'm sure there will be some great ideas.

The first few ideas from the other bigger thread

[ QUOTE ]
- user #363
- superuser
- i'm in your tournaments reading your hole cards
- mark seif funny stuff (like admos grand theft holdem superuser edition)

[/ QUOTE ]

rothko 10-14-2007 11:26 PM

Re: *Official* Superuser T-Shirt Thread

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2...bsoluteaa4.jpg

invid 10-14-2007 11:27 PM

take this pic http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Mark_Seif.jpg
chop the cards to look transparent
put that [censored] on a shirt

MrTimCaum 10-14-2007 11:28 PM

HELP ADMO

Xaston 10-14-2007 11:28 PM

I will be at Foxwoods for this. I will wear one of these shirts if they get made in time.

apefish 10-14-2007 11:28 PM

lolz i made this to stick in the other thread. Fits better here.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...er32921761.jpg

FatalError 10-14-2007 11:29 PM

[xx] potential

and apefish, mark's nevada license plate on his jag is "UNSEIF" true story

CalledDownLight 10-14-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- i'm in your tournaments reading your hole cards
- mark seif funny stuff (like admos grand theft holdem superuser edition)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like both of these.

Lori 10-14-2007 11:31 PM

I didn't bother adding in the humor to this, just because i found it amazing that the #6 hit on google for '363' includes superman and the fact there's a problem with his hands

I'm sure someone can do a great edit of it though.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/ac...mics/363-1.jpg

shaniac 10-14-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lolz i made this to stick in the other thread. Fits better here.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...er32921761.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.

Alobar 10-14-2007 11:34 PM

I Think involving seif on the shirt is pretty stupid. Theres NOTHING tying him to this....pretty crappy to drag his name thru the mud with no proof

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-14-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I Think involving seif on the shirt is pretty stupid. Theres NOTHING tying him to this....pretty crappy to drag his name thru the mud with no proof

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not true.

don't you remember the tongni v. seif/superuser match?

apefish 10-14-2007 11:36 PM

While I wouldn't do a tshirt with him on it- in BBV I'm going to attempt to be funny.
I'm not saying he had anything at all to do with it.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...r703533071.jpg

imabigdeal 10-14-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

strongly disagree. he's pretty much the spokesperson and face of the company. he signed the contract, he deals with the backlash.

jfish 10-14-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

strongly disagree. he's pretty much the spokesperson and face of the company. he signed the contract, he deals with the backlash.

[/ QUOTE ]

that logic makes no sense

Alobar 10-14-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh please, thats complete effing BS. He gets branded as a cheater because hes got an endorsement deal there?

That logic is terribly stupid

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-14-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

TruFeelings521 10-14-2007 11:46 PM

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6484/seifwj1.jpg

Alobar 10-14-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one were the proof is some post on a message board from 2 years ago which the poster has since said he doesn't believe and thinks seif is a good guy?

imabigdeal 10-14-2007 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh please, thats complete effing BS. He gets branded as a cheater because hes got an endorsement deal there?

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever you plaster your face on a brand or company, you should probably do some research first. AP is known for being one of the worst run sites, top to bottom. signing a huge endorsement deal knowing this probably isn't too smart. combined with the fact that he has been linked to some superusing himself, i wouldn't exactly put seif entirely in the clear. i'm not saying at all this is his fault or he's to blame, but when you're that strongly associated with the site you're going to get some of the backlash.

ChrisV 10-15-2007 12:03 AM

I suck at photoshop, but I found this graphic on the web:

http://www.obm.ohio.gov/images/superuser.jpg

I was thinking combo that with the absolute logo and have the shirt go:

Ask me about being an

[ABSOLUTE POKER img]
[SUPERUSER img]

Using account #363 for fun and profit

and then underneath a link to www.absolutepokercheats.com

Alobar 10-15-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever you plaster your face on a brand or company, you should probably do some research first. AP is known for being one of the worst run sites, top to bottom. signing a huge endorsement deal knowing this probably isn't too smart. combined with the fact that he has been linked to some superusing himself, i wouldn't exactly put seif entirely in the clear. i'm not saying at all this is his fault or he's to blame, but when you're that strongly associated with the site you're going to get some of the backlash.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, your right. What am I thinking. Seif should have done his homework and scoured the internet message boards to read rumors written by people so he could know how absolute is truly run. And then when it turns out some hacker or disgruntled employee cheated some people he should be more than happy to be labeled as a cheater for that, because really, its his own fault for not doing "research".

In the gambling world a mans reputation as honest is VERY important, this is akin to bringing about molestation charges against a school teacher. Its a huge accusation and one that should NOT be made when there is ZERO proof he is in anyway involved.

FatalError 10-15-2007 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seif is the only owner of absolute that is a public figure and is at the very least guilty of being part of the denial campaign. He also accuses 2p2ers of being tin foil hatted retards.

either way i think best be is to just not put seifs face on the front of the shirt, but instead maybe just put a headshot of him on the back of the neck or as a tramp stamp

Alobar 10-15-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Seif is the only owner of absolute that is a public figure

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, ive got some shares of coca cola stock, but I really dont think that means im in charge of the way the company is run.

[ QUOTE ]
and is at the very least guilty of being part of the denial campaign.

[/ QUOTE ]

and your proof is? all ive read him say is he was unaware of the details

[ QUOTE ]
He also accuses 2p2ers of being tin foil hatted retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you ever actually read 2p2?

Butcho22 10-15-2007 12:17 AM

HAY GUYS HOW ABOUT WE GET BACK ON TOPIC I WANT TO LAUGH MORE

Lori,

You totally lost me with that one.

Lori 10-15-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HAY GUYS HOW ABOUT WE GET BACK ON TOPIC I WANT TO LAUGH MORE

Lori,

You totally lost me with that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just seemed right to be turned into a copy of superuser comic #363 with him whining about his hands being leaked or something [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Butcho22 10-15-2007 12:24 AM

awwww....gotcha...not quite blunt enough imo, but very clever

FatalError 10-15-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Seif is the only owner of absolute that is a public figure

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, ive got some shares of coca cola stock, but I really dont think that means im in charge of the way the company is run.

[ QUOTE ]
and is at the very least guilty of being part of the denial campaign.

[/ QUOTE ]

and your proof is? all ive read him say is he was unaware of the details

[ QUOTE ]
He also accuses 2p2ers of being tin foil hatted retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you ever actually read 2p2?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i do read 2p2, i'm too lazy to dig through but a 2p2er confronted seif at caesars 2 days ago during a tournament where they were at the same table asking about the superuser account and his reply

i'm paraphrasing but seifs reply was an angry defensive one that 2p2ers were idiots and that this was implossible and never happened ect. ect., but like others have said lets get back on track to shirts

if people don't want seif on the shirt they will be able to decide when designs are put to a vote.

sethypooh21 10-15-2007 12:35 AM

SRS law bizness: marketing shirts like this accusing Seif of involvement without a shred of proof is at least close to the line for libel/slander even if he is a limited purpose public figure WRT AP and poker in general. Were I your attorney, I would STRONGLY advise against it. /srs biz

apefish 10-15-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It just seemed right to be turned into a copy of superuser comic #363 with him whining about his hands being leaked or something [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it.

edit: but I am nothing imo.

dibbs 10-15-2007 12:38 AM

Just removed this from the main thread:

[ QUOTE ]
WPT will only let you wear apparel that supports its advertisers. Of course they may be as stupid as the AP folks and let it slip through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard they're pretty strict in enforcing that stuff, I haven't paid attention to the WPT in forever, is Abso a sponsor? Maybe something could be slipped by, even if only for a while a public scene of multiple players having to remove similar shirts would be a good buzz. Super quick rough example:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4107/tryitem4.png

Or a variation of that/FatalErrors suggestion's with the Abso logo etc.

How blunt should they be, legally should anything with Absolutes name be avoided? Anyone know more about the WPT's rules in regards to clothing?

sethypooh21 10-15-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the gambling world a mans reputation as honest is VERY important, this is akin to bringing about molestation charges against a school teacher. Its a huge accusation and one that should NOT be made when there is ZERO proof he is in anyway involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

A better example would be running a news story about a doctor claiming that he was practicing drunk/without a license. Truth is an absolute (HAH) defense, but if you are wrong, disparagement of professional reputation is injurious as a matter of law - aside from 1st amendment stuff, the hardest part about winning a libel/slander suit is proof of actual injury, but professional disparagement makes that much much easier.

I wish I was 2p2 forum's lawyer instead of my real job. Much more interesting stuff, imo.

TruFeelings521 10-15-2007 12:44 AM

i read most of the superuser threads but what is this user 363 about, tl;dr plz.

Lori 10-15-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i read most of the superuser threads but what is this user 363 about, tl;dr plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the thread "lolz super accountz " and at least read the posts by N 82 50 24 if you read no others. Much better than a quick recap could do.

ur2barredout 10-15-2007 12:47 AM

user 363 was the 363rd account created at absolute poker and its believed hes the guy who has god mode.

traxamillion 10-15-2007 12:49 AM

i have a gut feeling mark seif knows about a super user account and has probably used it himself.

FatalError 10-15-2007 12:50 AM

Current Idea involves the front being some version of admo's GTA superuser edition and the back would be jersey lettering with the name Superuser and 363 in big block lettering

the version that people wear will not have any references to seif though because nobody wants to get sued so lets move on to photoshopping miracles

ChrisV 10-15-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff notes: The master hh that AP sent to Marco included a line for when observers join the table, detailing their userid, email address and IP. At the start of the tournament, POTRIPPER folded two hands in a row pf, then user #363 joined the table, at which point POTRIPPER began the cheating and didn't fold pf again for 20 minutes. User #363's IP is located in Costa Rica, where AP is based. Also, the fact that he has such a low userid indicates that the account was created in the very very early days of AP. Userid would increment upwards and most are now 6 or 7 digits. It therefore appears that #363 has superaccount privileges and that this is an inside job (although probably not with AP management knowledge).

Municipal Hare 10-15-2007 12:54 AM

http://cedarbrae.net/cbr/iputyouon.jpg

Alobar 10-15-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://cedarbrae.net/cbr/iputyouon.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, that is AWESOME