Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   AJ c/raised on turn, can I let it go at some point? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522992)

Hydrant 10-14-2007 08:41 PM

AJ c/raised on turn, can I let it go at some point?

No any reads on Villan or stats.

Cryptologic 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG checks, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB.

Bob T. 10-14-2007 08:51 PM

Re: AJ c/raised on turn, can I let it go at some point?

Against an unknown, I am calling down here. The board is drawish, and he might be ahead, or this might be his method of semibluffing. I call it down, and maybe make adjustments for the next hand I play with him.

SuperPokerJedi 10-14-2007 10:26 PM

If you feel you are beat you can always fold, but this looks like AT imo!

Moneyball16 10-14-2007 10:27 PM

I dont think I can fold this to someone who is posting utg lol.

scpi10 10-15-2007 12:16 AM

grunch

I don't think you can fold this without a read and because this guy posted UTG he could have anything.

One Outer 10-15-2007 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
grunch

I don't think you can fold this without a read and because this guy posted UTG he could have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Mitke 10-16-2007 03:40 PM

* grunch *

Most of the time it's AT or A9. Some of the time it's 87 or QJ with or without the FD semibluffing on a scare card.

Call-down.

euroglot 10-16-2007 05:05 PM

James, I hope you read this. Always all the time there are more than 5 people who say the exact same thing I would say, I see no point in replying.

jesse8888 10-16-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think I can fold this to someone who is posting utg lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Nh Sir

Lethe 10-16-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
James, I hope you read this. Always all the time there are more than 5 people who say the exact same thing I would say, I see no point in replying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Euro: If you find a thread that has a number of posts already in it, try doing what many others in this thread did and "grunch" it. Basically, post a response before you read what the other responses are. BTW, responding to other people's threads isn't JUST for their benefit, it's for yours too. I think you'll find that often times responding to others helps your game even more than posting your own hands.

BubbleMint 10-16-2007 07:25 PM

I call down.

I call the river because we are good 1-9 from overplayed ace rags and wierdly played 10's and pcket pairs.

TheCount212 10-16-2007 07:27 PM

What Bob said.

Tugg 10-16-2007 10:07 PM

Hydrant did he really post UTG or is that a mistake. I find it hard to believe someone who posts UTG is sophisticated enough to c/r turn on bluff.Your either pretty far behind or he overvalues Ax.Either way, no read I call him down.

Yepitis 10-17-2007 08:04 AM

Pretty standard call down, if you don't call the river why call the turn raise?

If you are the type of player to think about folding here he may be raising a scare card on the turn. Sure looks like to pair but if that is what you put him on then you a drawing to two outs on the river and the pot odds don't call for it.