Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Winning Player Losing Badly and Needs Advice (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522381)

gir 10-13-2007 09:22 PM

Winning Player Losing Badly and Needs Advice

I'm on roughly a $15,000 downswing at 2/4. My account is around 13k from its peak around 28k a few months ago.

My game...Since then...Has gotten exponentially better. I explored my potential leaks and started shutting their doors left and right. I discovered (through 2+2 and experimentation) different approaches to hands and am better able to understand why they work or don't work.

I have come so far from where I was but can't even out my huge losses with wins. Either coolered or bad beat (more bad beats than coolers...I'm trying to eliminate some of those from my game too).

Someone please tell me what to do. Tonight is the best I have just about ever played and I'm down 1k (see example hand in PP thread) right now.

I can move down, but I don't see what that will do besides slowdown busto-ness. My game SHOULD be a winning one at 400 (and likely is by other players, just not me). I'm not crazy or (exceptionally) full of myself.

So to reiterate, PLEASE HELP.

Requin 10-13-2007 09:24 PM

Re: Winning Player Losing Badly and Needs Advice

You didn't lose all 15K at 2/4, did you?????????

JKratzer 10-13-2007 09:26 PM

-15k at 2/4 makes me question if you're really a winning player. make a video and post it, have someone sweat you, get a coach. do something to make sure you really are a winning player.

i'd still suggest dropping down for a short while, if nothing else to regain your confidence and give your bankroll a little boost.

jfish 10-13-2007 09:34 PM

take a week+ off. maybe several weeks or a month. just make sure that you really want to play poker when you come back.

idk that always works for me.

gir 10-13-2007 09:39 PM

I won 15k at 2/4 first.

Unknown Soldier 10-13-2007 09:42 PM

that's sick. somehow i'm not sure that's a ds. you sure you are playing well? If I was in your spot i'd probably post a vid or get a coach like someone else said. Post a vid. I'll be happy to give my full opinions on it, for whatever that would be worth!

Montezuma21 10-13-2007 09:42 PM

change location plz.

ogdundar 10-13-2007 09:44 PM

Take a week off, then start at 1-2 just to get in some winning sessions again.

Are you really sure you are winning long term though? If you built 28k from playing cashgames you probably are but who knows.

gir 10-13-2007 09:46 PM

Alright, I'll make a video once I figure out what program to use and how to use it.

gir 10-13-2007 09:46 PM

I built it from playing 25NL with $500.

DLizzle 10-13-2007 10:59 PM

i have some pretty sick downswings but losing 40 buyins and being ok with how i played is not something i could imagine

LucidDream 10-13-2007 11:05 PM

i dont understand how people hit a 40BI downswing w/o moving down at some point. you really can't be losing that much and playing 100% optimally.

mrcoughman 10-13-2007 11:08 PM

Hey Jamie,
Obviously your poker confidence is down. When that happens to me I move down try to play some good poker and regain confidence. How many tables are you playing? Maybe play three or so for a bit
Also come over, and me and Ari will sweat you and try and iron some kinks out of your game. Running bad sucks, and generally leads to people chasing losses and making high-variance plays that aren't always +ev.
You know I've had to move down from 2/4 to one 1/2 before, and i'm not just trying to be preachy. I had been a big winner at 2/4 cashed out a lot of my profits then took a huge hit and started playing bad partly because my confidence was low and partly because i only had like 7k remaining in my account. I moved down for around ~30k hands grinded back up an online roll and moved back up and have been killing it since then. You know this because thats what I did during the first month of the summer. Anyways i got to run so we'll chat tomorrow.

Goodluck if you play tonight

DK

Evigt_Drabbad 10-13-2007 11:21 PM

my biggest downswing on 2/4 is 10k, mostly bad beats and coolers and couple bad played hands cause of the [censored] that was going on [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] , 15k sounds a bit too much but u never know.. whats ur name at party?

stackingboxes 10-13-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm on roughly a $15,000 downswing at 2/4. My account is around 13k from its peak around 28k a few months ago.

My game...Since then...Has gotten exponentially better. I explored my potential leaks and started shutting their doors left and right. I discovered (through 2+2 and experimentation) different approaches to hands and am better able to understand why they work or don't work.

I have come so far from where I was but can't even out my huge losses with wins. Either coolered or bad beat (more bad beats than coolers...I'm trying to eliminate some of those from my game too).

Someone please tell me what to do. Tonight is the best I have just about ever played and I'm down 1k (see example hand in PP thread) right now.

I can move down, but I don't see what that will do besides slowdown busto-ness. My game SHOULD be a winning one at 400 (and likely is by other players, just not me). I'm not crazy or (exceptionally) full of myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

solution: Get pokerev software, and compare the graphs. when I thought i ran bad, it told me i did, when i ran good, it told me i did.

So..see if u'r actually running bad or playing bad.

on a sidenote, if u PM u'r party sn, I might be able to say something about u'r game. I'm a party 2/4 regular too.

ikestoys 10-13-2007 11:27 PM

youre probably not playing well if you are on a 38 buyin downswing. just the god honest truth

raze 10-13-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
youre [b] not playing well at all if you are on 10+ buyin downswing at 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

killphilNI 10-13-2007 11:38 PM

Don't play until you're not trying to win your money back.

Requin 10-13-2007 11:39 PM

uh no raze

Fwiw gir's a friend of mine who I've sweated and I'd guess that he's a marginal winner at 2/4. Sorry buddy you'll run better soon, but I do think you should drop down for now.

aislephive 10-13-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
youre not playing well at all if you are on 10+ buyin downswing at 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty retarded thing to say.

OnYourBike 10-13-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider you another midly competent regular. The last thing I would do is help you become a better player. I hope you lose the rest. It's how we make money.

jfish 10-13-2007 11:45 PM

Requin 10-13-2007 11:47 PM

Wow I checked out some of your other posts and every one is pure venom. Hope you do something banworthy, soon.

I see you also advocate using DP to cheat people. Gl getting strategy advice, ever.

ipokeder 10-13-2007 11:47 PM

rofl

ikestoys 10-13-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider you another midly competent regular. The last thing I would do is help you become a better player. I hope you lose the rest. It's how we make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow do you realize how big of a [censored] you are? do you realize what 2+2 is all about?

plz leave kthks

Tooty816 10-13-2007 11:52 PM

Post PT stats.

LucidDream 10-13-2007 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
youre [b] not playing well at all if you are on 10+ buyin downswing at 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ignorance

OnYourBike....DIAGF

OnYourBike 10-13-2007 11:56 PM

It's poker. We play to take our opponents money. I don't want to voluntarily help competition lose less money to players like me.

MatthewRyan 10-13-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

OnYourBike 10-13-2007 11:58 PM

FWIW, a 10+ buy in downswing can easily be variance. It could also be down to just being a bad player, which is usually the case with most people.

ikestoys 10-13-2007 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's poker. We play to take our opponents money. I don't want to voluntarily help competition lose less money to players like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol the [censored] leave and stay out of the thread

G_Dollaz 10-14-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, a 10+ buy in downswing can easily be variance. It could also be down to just being a bad player, which is usually the case with most people.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I've gone on a 10 buy in downswing from my peak to my low point of the day on 3 seperate days this week.... a "10 buy in downswing" gets a big LOL.

OnYourBike 10-14-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get why people would help their enemies? Any player who sits down at the table to take my money is fair game. If you wanna succeed in poker, you have to be as ruthless as me. Anyone worth their salt will not be giving this guy advice to improve his game. If anything, they will mess with his head by giving terrible advice.

G_Dollaz 10-14-2007 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get why people would help their enemies? Any player who sits down at the table to take my money is fair game. If you wanna succeed in poker, you have to be as ruthless as me. Anyone worth their salt will not be giving this guy advice to improve his game. If anything, they will mess with his head by giving terrible advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want 2 give him advice that's fine, don't give him advice.... but it comes off as a bit over the top when you go out of your way to post in his thread that you're not gonna help him and that you hope he loses everything....

linuxrocks 10-14-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban this [censored].

linuxrocks 10-14-2007 12:07 AM

Gir,

It's impossible to lose that money at 2/4 just by a downswing. The games are not that tough. You are clearly doing some thing wrong. Post PT stats, EV graphs, hands etc.

linuxrocks

e_hammer 10-14-2007 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you have an idea here bike. start a forum called 3+3
where poker players post hand histories and all the moderators will reply with insults, telling you to go F-off and die all you low life scum losers. I think this is the forum that fits you better.

LucidDream 10-14-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BOO [censored] HOO...ur stuck 10x 20bb BIs.

will someone ban this shortstacking POS already. not only do u add nothing at all you try to detract from the conversation as you do in all ur posts and try to stir up [censored] w/ everyone.

OnYourBike 10-14-2007 12:10 AM

I like seeing how my alternative opinion will be received by other poker players. Other people enjoy it as much as I do. Plus like a lot of people on web forums I have a huge ego and enjoy being a know it all.

OP will have to look into the depths of his soul and figure out what is stopping him from winning. Only after honest self-evalution will he find the answers.

Tooty816 10-14-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like seeing how my alternative opinion will be received by other poker players. Other people enjoy it as much as I do. Plus like a lot of people on web forums I have a huge ego and enjoy being a know it all.

OP will have to look into the depths of his soul and figure out what is stopping him from winning. Only after honest self-evalution will he find the answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might have to change names if you ever want advice from this forum.

To the OP, have you ran PokerEV? What does it say? Post some of your recent PT stats. Maybe we can find something?