Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Austin Scott charged with rape, sexual assault (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521873)

SuperUberBob 10-13-2007 12:05 AM

Austin Scott charged with rape, sexual assault

The rumors were going around State College a week before it was formally announced.

A friend of mine made a good point. Austin Scott sucks. So him being kicked off of the team might be the best thing to ever happen to the football team. If Scott is guilty, hope he hits the slammer.

Rodney Kinlaw ftw.

kyro 10-13-2007 12:14 AM

Re: Austin Scott charged with rape, sexual assault

[ QUOTE ]
The rumors were going around State College a week before it was formally announced.

A friend of mine made a good point. Austin Scott sucks. So him being kicked off of the team might be the best thing to ever happen to the football team. If Scott is guilty, hope he hits the slammer.

Rodney Kinlaw ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this isn't shocking at all. I mean, I don't know the guy obviously, but this isn't exactly his first brush with the law.

TheNoodleMan 10-13-2007 12:46 AM

Bob,
Your avatar is busto

holeplug 10-13-2007 02:42 AM

Sad that both him and Morelli were huge recruits for PSU and they both ended up sucking bad

Dudd 10-13-2007 03:23 AM

Come on, a cute girl knocks on your door, what are you supposed to do?

HajiShirazu 10-13-2007 03:53 AM

This is like the Kobe case to me until I hear more details i.e. it makes no sense that this guy would have to rape somebody in State College so I am less inclined to believe he is guilty. On the other hand maybe the girl is just trying to do what's best for the team.

NT! 10-13-2007 04:36 AM

wow, gives taking one for the team a whole new meaning

PokerFink 10-13-2007 05:03 AM

Austin lived in the same dorm as several of my best friends freshman year. I was told that he was having some trouble in one of his classes, so a female classmate offered to help him out, tutor him, and do some of his work if necessary. In return, what was his payment to her? He had to sleep with her.

I mean, football players at PSU have groupies. I lived next to some of them my senior year. I really doubt that this guy needs to rape a girl to get some.

This, like most sexual assault charges against athletes, is probably bunk.

Pinchot 10-13-2007 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Austin lived in the same dorm as several of my best friends freshman year. I was told that he was having some trouble in one of his classes, so a female classmate offered to help him out, tutor him, and do some of his work if necessary. In return, what was his payment to her? He had to sleep with her.

I mean, football players at PSU have groupies. I lived next to some of them my senior year. I really doubt that this guy needs to rape a girl to get some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading in between the lines on the PSU message boards it doesn't sound good at all for Scott. Many with ties to the program have alluded to the situation being pretty grim, although they haven't come out and specifically stated what they heard about the incident (for good reason).

It's been a rough week for the program. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Pinchot 10-13-2007 09:03 AM

Here's an article from the Allentown Morning Call (near Scott's hometown) on the incident. Really doesn't sound good for Scott at all.

Scott charged with rape

APXG 10-13-2007 10:00 AM

Just like with Kobe, a good lawyer would be able to prove that there is very reasonable doubt to the girl's story. We still don't know whether Kobe was actually guilty or not, but as could be said once the charges were announced, the case was virtually unprovable given no witnesses and simply a girl's word against his. This sounds very similar.

It'll be a good wakeup call though nonetheless, as well as a "rapist for life" stamp from half the population even if he is found not guilty.

Crazy how much power women have accumulated in the usa.

TheNoodleMan 10-13-2007 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This line comes up every time an athlete is charged with rape or sexual assault.
The flip side of this is that these athletes aren't used to hearing No.

IrishHand 10-13-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think rape has something to do with "get[ting] some"? Try again...

Nonfiction 10-13-2007 11:55 AM

Why would a girl who he barely knows come back with him to his place except for sex/hooking up?

tarheeljks 10-13-2007 12:05 PM

pretty [censored] despicable. everyone accused of rape says it was consensual, how is this like the kobe case?

MuresanForMVP 10-13-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a bad post. You're attributing a large degree of rationality to a completely irrational action. Rape is absolutely not about sex.

SuperUberBob 10-13-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,
Your avatar is busto

[/ QUOTE ]

My photobucket account ran out of bandwidth. It's being downloaded too often because it's all over different 2p2 threads. Probably be back when bandwidth resets on October 18th.

SuperUberBob 10-13-2007 02:39 PM

Technically, if a girl has sex with you while intoxicated, it can be considered rape because the girl is not in the correct mental state to make a rational and reasonable decision according to the law.

Anyways, I think this is legit. He's also charged with misdemeanor assault (indecent and simple), which is probably indicative of an initial physical attack by Scott and resistance shown by the victim.

THAY3R 10-13-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rape is absolutely not about sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the whole cumming part.

xorbie 10-13-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a bad post. You're attributing a large degree of rationality to a completely irrational action. Rape is absolutely not about sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all rape is the same.

vhawk01 10-13-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all rape is the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but the "rape that isn't about sex but instead about power and domination" is probably pretty overrepresented among BMOC college athletes and pro athlete superstars, wouldn't you say?

EDIT: As opposed to the "rape that is about sexual frustration and not being able to get laid" I mean, not as opposed to "no rape at all." I'm not trying to imply athletes rape more often than non-athletes.

Troll_Inc 10-13-2007 04:53 PM

Was the girl white?

If she was white he'll be found guilty, if she's black then he'll walk. Especially if this case is tried in Central Pennsyltucky, which I would imagine it would be.

SuperUberBob 10-13-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was the girl white?

If she was white he'll be found guilty, if she's black then he'll walk. Especially if this case is tried in Central Pennsyltucky, which I would imagine it would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, cause all us Pennsylvanian hicks hate all black people, hyuck hyuck.

MuresanForMVP 10-13-2007 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to rapists, cops, prosecutors,etc and it's most often a power thing. Far more than just wanting to get laid. You are wrong in this instance.

Tyler Durden 10-13-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can I at least cop a feel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh huh, good one Beavis, huh huh.

IggyWH 10-13-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was the girl white?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate State College with a passion... but there's no way in hell that place is 1/10th as bad as some of the hellholes I've been to in Kentucky.

MissT74 10-13-2007 09:19 PM

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this thread are that of a controversial issue, especially since I'm female, and are mine only..not to be construed as the opinion of other females.

Whenever someone famous or well known is accused of rape I immediatly want to yell out BULL! My reasons:

1. Most women don't go to a man's room without at least THINKING that something might happen. Usually if she's at least a little inclined, she will go. If she's not, then she won't. This doesn't mean she has to give it up once there, but she KNOWS that that is what HE is thinking.

2. All (OK, OK, MOST) women are star [censored]. I can't think of a single female friend or relative that would not do a celebrity. Same holds true for men of course, they're just more willing to admit it. Doesn't mean we'll do ANY celebrity, but if we're going to a man's room who happens to be a celebrity, we're going to be putting out voluntarily.

So based on my two views above, I find him innocent. Of course, I wasn't there, but again....read above.

I think a lot of people (especially men) will agree with me and I will get slack for this thread from any women posters or from men who knows someone who has been raped.

Rape does happen, of course, just not with stars, IMO, of course.

Discuss or flame away, but I'm off to the ASU game, will check back in later.

T

Pinchot 10-13-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this thread are that of a controversial issue, especially since I'm female, and are mine only..not to be construed as the opinion of other females.

Whenever someone famous or well known is accused of rape I immediatly want to yell out BULL! My reasons:

1. Most women don't go to a man's room without at least THINKING that something might happen. Usually if she's at least a little inclined, she will go. If she's not, then she won't. This doesn't mean she has to give it up once there, but she KNOWS that that is what HE is thinking.

2. All (OK, OK, MOST) women are star [censored]. I can't think of a single female friend or relative that would not do a celebrity. Same holds true for men of course, they're just more willing to admit it. Doesn't mean we'll do ANY celebrity, but if we're going to a man's room who happens to be a celebrity, we're going to be putting out voluntarily.

So based on my two views above, I find him innocent. Of course, I wasn't there, but again....read above.

I think a lot of people (especially men) will agree with me and I will get slack for this thread from any women posters or from men who knows someone who has been raped.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

In the article he admits that she said no sex prior to going to his apartment. I'm no expert, but that can't be good for his defense.

NT! 10-13-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Crazy how much power women have accumulated in the usa.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolllllllll

THAY3R 10-13-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to rapists, cops, prosecutors,etc and it's most often a power thing. Far more than just wanting to get laid. You are wrong in this instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol sigh not even going to comment.

TalkingDonkey 10-13-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was the girl white?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate State College with a passion... but there's no way in hell that place is 1/10th as bad as some of the hellholes I've been to in Kentucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf ever been to west virginia?

kidcolin 10-14-2007 02:03 AM

what does west virginia have to do with State College, Kentucky, and/or his comment?

tarheeljks 10-14-2007 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what does west virginia have to do with State College, Kentucky, and/or his comment?

[/ QUOTE ]

presumably, the notion of bucolic/hick areas where the legal system basically operates using jim crow. i will also add missouri to this list.

MuresanForMVP 10-14-2007 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol sigh not even going to comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

there you go being a d bag about it again. Tell me, do you know anything about criminal justice or the law? Or criminals?

THAY3R 10-14-2007 03:37 AM

Yea, I have an undergrad in Legal Studies and a minor in CJ, why?

It's all about power and control? or is it they receive immense sexual pleasure from the power and control.

Cut off rapists balls and they won't rape again. Saying it's not a sexual crime is just dumb.

tarheeljks 10-14-2007 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

In the article he admits that she said no sex prior to going to his apartment. I'm no expert, but that can't be good for his defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

it really bothers me that you are willing to give stars/celebs a free pass here.

PokerFink 10-14-2007 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not looking at it from the point of view of "why Austin Scott raped a girl." I'm looking at it from the POV of "why Austin Scott is probably innocent."

Athletes get charged with rape all the time. From Kobe to the Duke lacrosse players to the FSU player a couple years ago before the Orange Bowl. It's common.

Why? Because girls like sleeping with athletes. Especially drunk college girls. Then they wake up, realize what they've done, and cry rape because they feel all dirty. If the athlete is a professional, they could be looking for some monetary gain as well (by settling out of court).

I'm not saying ALL girls that cry rape against athletes are doing it because of these reasons, and I'm not saying that ALL athletes charged with rape are innocent. But there is a long history of athletes falsely being accused of rape in a situation where it was completely consensual.

IggyWH 10-14-2007 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was the girl white?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf ever been to west virginia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deliverance is real, but you need to just blow up that whole Eastern part of Kentucky if you want to seperate yourself from WV.

Neuge 10-14-2007 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Athletes get charged with rape all the time. From Kobe to the Duke lacrosse players to the FSU player a couple years ago before the Orange Bowl. It's common.

[/ QUOTE ]
What percentage of all college+ athletes get charged with rape, and how does that compare the general population? I don't think you've looked up the definition of common lately.

MissT74 10-14-2007 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if she said that and still went to his room, then she was seduced, IMO. Then probably got all pissed off at herself for giving in and cried rape.

T