Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Turned TPTK in multiway pot, umm ... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521814)

aislephive 10-12-2007 10:10 PM

Turned TPTK in multiway pot, umm ...

Preflop action is wierd, UTG limped with 8bbs and shoved when my initial raise got back to him. Anyways, button is a 21/18 tag, I'm about the same. We don't really have any history that I can remember.

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $409.50
BTN: $565.12
SB: $710.50
BB: $266.04
UTG: $28.74
MP: $348.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $4, MP calls $4, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24</font>, BTN calls $24, SB folds, BB calls $20, <font color="red">UTG raises to $28.74 and is All-In</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $4.74, BTN calls $4.74, BB calls $4.74

Flop: ($120.96) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players - 1 is All-In)
BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($120.96) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players - 1 is All-In)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $90</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $228</font>, BB folds, Hero ???

d2themfi 10-12-2007 10:30 PM

Re: Turned TPTK in multiway pot, umm ...

This seems like it is almost always TT and 99, and sometimes AQ with some players. I would fold

aislephive 10-13-2007 12:23 AM

I think this is AQ like never, but anyways I don't get why you say he could have AQ like that's an argument for folding.

d2themfi 10-13-2007 12:47 AM

by sometimes aq with some players i meant that it is a small part of his range, for CC a 6x raise, checking that flop and raising the turn

ArturiusX 10-13-2007 01:14 AM

I'm so tempted to put it in, it just doesn't make sense why, if he had a monster, he wouldn't be the flop, even if he was a poker meta game master.

But I guess you should still fold.

lassie 10-13-2007 01:19 AM

I snapcall this. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

jlocdog 10-13-2007 02:19 AM

I call here. You splittin alot. Often enough though you are facing a combo draw like 87c or QJc and the likes...

homeboy604 10-13-2007 03:36 AM

fooold

tufat23 10-13-2007 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like it is almost always TT and 99, and sometimes AQ with some players. I would fold

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems more like 22 or QJcc

wdead 10-13-2007 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems more like 22 or QJcc

[/ QUOTE ]

definately agree, though I learn towards a made hand\because of the sidepot.

aislephive 10-14-2007 05:01 AM

Bump, would like more thoughts on this.

AAismyfriend 10-14-2007 05:52 AM

I would fold pretty quickly here. Button has a set a ton in this spot.

Binbs 10-14-2007 06:24 AM

I call here and call any non club river.

Nick Royale 10-14-2007 09:39 AM

Fold.

Darkfolder 10-14-2007 09:42 AM

I fold here without thinking twice.

Requin 10-14-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick Royale 10-14-2007 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you guys putting him on? Why would he raise a draw? You really think he'll raise AQ? I have a hard time coming up with a range where call&gt;push.

jlocdog 10-14-2007 11:38 AM

I have just as hard a time thinking that he checks a set being last to act on a semi drawable board. The fact that people want to fold AK here should be a good enough reason why he bets a draw.

Again though, with his cold call PF, I expect to see a splitters very often here with a slight chance that he is a monkey with AQ and a decent enough chance that he turned some combo crap and decided to get hypo aggro on yo ass.

A__theKevlar__2 10-14-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have just as hard a time thinking that he checks a set being last to act on a semi drawable board. The fact that people want to fold AK here should be a good enough reason why he bets a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think people check sets here a decent amount of time. does he really semibluff a draw here when there's already a player allin?

i fold.

mrcoughman 10-14-2007 01:19 PM

ya I fold...snapcallers I imagine you fold to any river action no? I think a call is marginal at best. What the hell is the guy raising with with no history to your bet? Your hand is completely face up (it's pretty much either ak or aq) especially due to the fact that you bet into a dry side pot.
Do you really think he's value raising aj or aq here or bluffing when the majority of the pot will be showndown anyway?

Requin 10-14-2007 01:27 PM

Oh man I thought the raiser was AI for some reason. I fold pretty quick.

danjohncochane 10-14-2007 01:40 PM

I don't even think twice about folding. (Well maybe i do but you get the point)

aislephive 10-14-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Again though, with his cold call PF, I expect to see a splitters very often here with a slight chance that he is a monkey with AQ and a decent enough chance that he turned some combo crap and decided to get hypo aggro on yo ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think this is a split often? How many 21/18 tag types would just call pf with AK here? AQ even to a degree, and I think AQ is not raising the turn anyways unless he is v bad. I do also think stuff like ATs/A9s is in his calling range pf, as well as various suited connectors though.

His flop check is confusing though, I don't know how likely he is to check back a set here, or if he would not bet AT/A9 on the flop when checked to.

At the same time his turn raise is smallish. I think most people would raise more with a draw. We still have $150 behind after his raise, are you advocating calling and then calling all but club rivers, or are you shoving now?

Binbs 10-14-2007 02:12 PM

I really doubt he has AQ. Put him more on something like QK of clubs. I forgot how little we have left. I prolly shove over his raise on the turn.

jlocdog 10-14-2007 02:31 PM

I just get in right there on the turn. No way are you folding if you call but if he does have a draw he won't put it in on the river unimproved but will definitely put it in on the turn.

If you and the button switched positions then I would lean toward a fold since I could see a set checking the flop in hopes of getting a c/r in. But if he is a typical run of the mill TAG then he is probably more concerned with 'getting value' and 'building a pot' with his set then he would be getting all FPS on this board.

If you think their is a chance he plays a set in this manner, I don't see how you can rule out AK/AQ calling PF the way he did. I don't think calling with AK with the button is truly horrible. In position I am much more inclined to just call as I have more options at my disposal come later streets.

d2themfi 10-14-2007 03:00 PM

yeah I think calling here is terrible, it should be shove or fold, and I would still fold