Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   bottom 2 vs unknown (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521518)

jfish 10-12-2007 01:25 PM

bottom 2 vs unknown

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $498.25
BB: $990
Hero (BTN): $990

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
Hero calls $10, SB calls $5, BB checks

Flop: ($30) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60</font>, SB folds, BB calls $50

Turn: ($150) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $120</font>, BB calls $120

River: ($390) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $250</font>

tozzy 10-12-2007 01:30 PM

Re: bottom 2 vs unknown

openlimping = teh sex. river is a fold imo.

JKratzer 10-12-2007 01:31 PM

looks good if you fold

MYNAMEIZGREG 10-12-2007 01:32 PM

I think you gotta fold here barring some other read which you don't have

sauce123 10-12-2007 01:45 PM

im way more interested in why u open limped with 54o then i am with this river decision.

jfish 10-12-2007 01:50 PM

ive been experimenting with a number of button open sizes. these range from open limping to minraising to 2.5bb to 3bb to 3.5bb to 4bb. trying to find a style i like best etc.

Pasterbator 10-12-2007 01:54 PM

sick limp bra!

and yea, the riv is supposed to be a fold, but i dont make it bc i dont believe anyone when they bet out on the flush.

he has 67.

jfish 10-12-2007 01:55 PM

we think alike

MatthewRyan 10-12-2007 01:56 PM

def dont like a limp. I think a mini open is WAY better if you want to go that route. But I personally like 3 or 3.5 best

MatthewRyan 10-12-2007 01:57 PM

other thing is that otb we make the most money, and I would prefer the pots that I win the most to be the biggest

aditya 10-12-2007 01:58 PM

call. he has A-x looking for a cheap showdown.

Pasterbator 10-12-2007 01:59 PM

also, i prefer a limp with cards bigger than 45. Tough to make a winning hand with those.

T7 type stuff would be fun limping material.

With 45 i would raise REALLY REALLY BIG so everyone folds.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jfish 10-12-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
other thing is that otb we make the most money, and I would prefer the pots that I win the most to be the biggest

[/ QUOTE ]

depends how big my button range is. if its 100% i obviously dont want all big pots.

xorbie 10-12-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt make raising preflop best.

xorbie 10-12-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends how big my button range is. if its 100% i obviously dont want all big pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is also a very, very, very, very, very good post.

dtan05 10-12-2007 02:21 PM

jesus christ that is a small bet, I call.

and jfish:

Loc: rhymes with "poaching"

approaching? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

DJ Sensei 10-12-2007 04:24 PM

i dunno, i think this is a spot that he would lead into you with a flush, seeing as how you've shown mad strength. many players would semibluff the turn if they picked up extra outs, but its not a guarantee, especially if you dont have reads

Isura 10-12-2007 04:28 PM

Its pretty close. About 40% he the flush imo. Depends how often you think he can have bigger two pair, but probably not too likely if he's bad. I think you seem something dumb like 78 enough to call this..

Big_Jim 10-12-2007 05:20 PM

The only reason I hesitate to fold is that this could be a blocking bet with Ax or something, but I still think I fold, mostly because it looks exactly like he has a flush.

As for PF, there are definitely spots where this can be good. If the guys don't aggressively defend their blinds (i.e. you very rarely get raised), why not take a cheap flop in position?

Besides, durrrrrrr does it, so it must be ok.

willw9 10-12-2007 05:32 PM

Someone explain preflop please?

Big_Jim 10-12-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone explain preflop please?

[/ QUOTE ]
hero limped in in position

presumably because he felt that he would often run into resistance if he raised, he didn't feel like bluffing his way through, and his hand sucks

Evigt_Drabbad 10-12-2007 06:09 PM

then why play it?

tcorbin16 10-12-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and yea, the riv is supposed to be a fold, but i dont make it bc i dont believe anyone when they bet out on the flush.

he has 67.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinkin the exact same thing lol.

ur54sold 10-12-2007 06:18 PM

Re-raise allin or call IMO. He has Ax/representing a strong hand but doesn't have it... or you could fold your 2 pair and wait for the nuts to make money.

jfish 10-12-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
then why play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you think of poker as just a series of possible outcomes, im sure you can imagine enough outcomes where limping a hand like this becomes +ev.

Big_Jim 10-12-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
then why play it?

[/ QUOTE ]
to win money

Big_Jim 10-12-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re-raise allin or call IMO. He has Ax/representing a strong hand but doesn't have it... or you could fold your 2 pair and wait for the nuts to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]
People keep telling me they think that MSNL is going down hill.

Then I read a post like this and smile to myself thinking, "Not if this brilliant poker mind sticks around."

FireStorm 10-12-2007 07:16 PM

Please fold the river, way too much beats us and we beat nothing. His line looks like a hand that got there, and he doesn't think WE'RE folding.

ur54sold 10-12-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I read a post like this and smile to myself thinking, "Not if this brilliant poker mind sticks around."

[/ QUOTE ]

i could say the same thing about you, please come play at my table, fing NIT

Big_Jim 10-12-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you could, but you would be being sincere, while I was being sarcastic.

As for your attitude, plz fix it.

aislephive 10-12-2007 08:22 PM

I'd fold this but wouldn't like it.

ur54sold 10-12-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you could, but you would be being sincere, while I was being sarcastic.

As for your attitude, plz fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

how am i suppose to know if you are being sarcastic or not through text?

Big_Jim 10-12-2007 09:39 PM

Well, it's pretty obvious from context that you DID think I was being sarcastic.

I knew you were trying to throw my not so thinly veiled sarcastic comment back at me, but I acted like you were giving me a compliment instead. Pretty tricky, huh?

d2themfi 10-12-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it's pretty obvious from context that you DID think I was being sarcastic.

I knew you were trying to throw my not so thinly veiled sarcastic comment back at me, but I acted like you were giving me a compliment instead. Pretty tricky, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta love the internet

jlocdog 10-13-2007 02:41 AM

I don't think BB river lead is an Ax blocking bet at all. This would entail him putting in ~40% of his stack. Can't see him folding to a raise too often if ever. I understand that a blocking bet doesn't necessarily mean 'not stacking off' but rather 'an attempt to avoid it' in many cases but here that line just don't jive imo. I think this is hearts or something like 67 far more often then Ax with hearts leading the way.

If their is any history between you guys with you making b/f type river plays then I am more inclined to think he could have 67 type crap trying to preempt your 'bluff' play.

catcher193 10-13-2007 03:41 AM

lol

heresjohnny 10-13-2007 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost choked on my breakfast when I read that. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

JFsports 10-13-2007 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so mix up your play by shoving, calling and folding at the same time. Then get dealt the nuts on the next hand so we can Put The Opponent To a Decision For All Of His Chips, amirite?

jlocdog 10-13-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this aimed at me?

ArturiusX 10-13-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this aimed at me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it was aimed at the guys above you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]