Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A note on Huck Seed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521285)

yogadude 10-12-2007 03:04 AM

A note on Huck Seed

about the way he sits at the table.

As a yoga teacher for 15+ years I can tell you that the way he sits is not only unique in the poker world but the rest of the world as well. Some people spend their entire lives trying to sit like that because it is thought to be the best way to sit and concentrate clearly. We are all born being able to sit like that easily as babies but lose that ability as we encounter stress. I have only known a small handful of people who sit like that and do it for a long time without getting fatigued and they have all been extra-ordinary people. Usually these are people who can handle high levels of stress without breaking down. An awesome tool for a poker player. I would guess that back in his day he would break down his opponents by staying alert longer than they could. I dont know much about the guy but I wouldnt be surprised if he went on some huge tournament/cash game rushes as he adjust to internet players.

fwiw

yoga

mocky 10-12-2007 03:08 AM

Re: A note on Huck Seed

Or maybe its because he smokes weed?

Rob121 10-12-2007 03:10 AM

this defintely needs its own thread and shouldn't go in the other huck seed thread on the first page.

daryn 10-12-2007 03:10 AM

so how does he sit??

plzleenowhammy 10-12-2007 03:11 AM

is it more about his back or his foot placement or something else?

yogadude 10-12-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe its because he smokes weed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually do think he smokes herb. My mom says he sounds like I do when she calls me too early/late. If it's late its cause im baked.

yogadude 10-12-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it more about his back or his foot placement or something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Its everything, back, feet, neck, hips, legs - it's really his entire body. Basically he stacks his vertabrae(sp?) one on top of each and lets he bones do most of the work. Most people use the muscles in their back when they sit and that is why it becomes uncomfortable to sit for a long time no matter how strong you are. You cant see his feet but I would imagine his shins are close to perpindicular to the ground. I would imagine he is quite relaxed. There is much more to it but I am not actually an expert on it. I'm just seeing similiarities between him and people I consider highly self-aware.

yoga

yogadude 10-12-2007 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this defintely needs its own thread and shouldn't go in the other huck seed thread on the first page.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but regardless..its just something I observed, they can do with it what they want.

Rootabager 10-12-2007 03:21 AM

ban op
you cant start a thread like this and not put a picture of how he sits.

AntonHeat 10-12-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ban op

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

yogadude 10-12-2007 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ban op

[/ QUOTE ]

I just assumed that all of you obsessed poker players have seen him on tv a little bit.

cameronw01 10-12-2007 03:58 AM

What the [censored] are you talking about?

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/4237/huckseedsg3.jpg

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6...kseed79jk6.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7...uckseedjc2.jpg

plzleenowhammy 10-12-2007 04:06 AM

it always looks like he's sitting up straight but he's like 6'6 or something so it's misleading

Victor 10-12-2007 04:14 AM

and its posts like this that keep me addicted to 2p2

imabigdeal 10-12-2007 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and its posts like this that keep me addicted to 2p2

[/ QUOTE ]

AKoffsuit 10-12-2007 05:15 AM

It seems really tiring to sit like that
Yogadude can you make some diagrams of what you mean exactly?

Oof 10-12-2007 05:18 AM

Can't you guys see the weed he's sitting on, gee?

cosimaninja 10-12-2007 05:54 AM

i have no idea what people are talking about in this thread. to me he just looks like hes sitting normally and any time ive seen him on tv i didnt notice anything strange. could someone explain how he is sitting that is so strange???

NedForrest 10-12-2007 06:04 AM

Crack Seed

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-12-2007 06:06 AM

................................http://www.math.umd.edu/~schris/music-note.gif
http://media.cardplayer.com/image/h/huck_seed.jpg

StrongArm 10-12-2007 07:17 AM

teach me the way to sit so i can make more monies

AaronOC 10-12-2007 07:35 AM

he smokes crack

Witzo 10-12-2007 07:55 AM

I sort of agree with Yoga-dude. When I saw Huck playing on Poker After Dark and Poker Superstars it always looked like he was sitting straight up with a stick up his ass.

Being a chronic sloucher I always though it looked rather uncomfortable as opposed to Yoga Dude who thinks Huck is extremely comfortable.

BananaDan 10-12-2007 08:01 AM

On the PPT broadcast too.

SunOfBeach 10-12-2007 08:35 AM

Ain't he just super-chilled-out because he just loves that Vaporized chronic?!?!?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

NickyC 10-12-2007 09:26 AM

So, when are we going to see the Full Tilt commercial with Huck sitting up straight with a bunch of degens around the table all hunched over and miserable looking. "Learn to sit like the Pros, at Fulltilt poker.net".

This whole thread is uber ghey.

wyndam 10-12-2007 11:03 AM

mmmmmmmmmm vaporized chronic...

LOL_MODS 10-12-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mmmmmmmmmm vaporized chronic...

[/ QUOTE ]

volcano FTW

MicroBob 10-12-2007 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ban op

[/ QUOTE ]

I just assumed that all of you obsessed poker players have seen him on tv a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing him on TV doesn't mean one has noticed or cared about the way he sits.
I sat next to him in a tourney for a few hours and chatted a little bit. I guess I recall that he was really attentive even to hands he wasn't involved in and maybe that he had good posture I suppose but I just wasn't trying to notice anything about how he was sitting.

jomatty 10-12-2007 11:25 AM

the consensus may be that this thread is, as one poster put it, "uber ghey", but i appreciate it. i think it is interesting and wonder how much of it is intentional and how much is just the way he sits.

there is potentially a lot more that a lot of us could do to improve our poker games that has nothing to do with the actual play of a hand. im no expert on the subject but my guess is that if i didnt wake up and stumble directly to the computer and start playing as i desperately try to wipe the sleep out of my eyes so i can read my hole cards, that my results may be better. maybe once i conquer that ill try to mimic the way huck sits or something...

joedot 10-12-2007 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Some people spend their entire lives trying to sit like that because it is thought to be the best way to sit and concentrate clearly.

yoga

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely not one that is spending my entire life trying to figure out how to sit in a chair. Sounds like a wasted life to me

Eagles 10-12-2007 11:46 AM

yogadude = KKF?

MicroBob 10-12-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Some people spend their entire lives trying to sit like that because it is thought to be the best way to sit and concentrate clearly.

yoga

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely not one that is spending my entire life trying to figure out how to sit in a chair. Sounds like a wasted life to me

[/ QUOTE ]

You are REALLY dedicated to this yoga stuff if you are spending your entire life trying to figure out how to sit like that.
You would think that after a few months or years most people might give up hope that you would actually find a way to sit like that. I'm pretty sure I couldn't spend a whole life making such an attempt.

LiveNow 10-12-2007 02:01 PM

i didn't read the thread, but i assume he sits up like that because of the weed?

Stosh 10-12-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't read the thread, but i assume he sits up like that because of the weed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff Notes: Yes, Huck is da man.

iRockPoker03 10-12-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ban op

[/ QUOTE ]

prohornblower 10-12-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff Notes: Yes, Huck is da weed-smokin', straight-sittin' man.

[/ QUOTE ]

donger 10-12-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yoga

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means in the context of meditation.

HorridSludgyBits 10-12-2007 05:32 PM

I know I'm sitting up straighter as a result of this thread.

J.A.K. 10-12-2007 05:57 PM

I think he has to sit that straight because his head is so big and heavy if it flops to one side, he is hyperslammed to the floor.