Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   beat: depressed. my life as i know it is over. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520786)

john kane 10-11-2007 02:18 PM

beat: depressed. my life as i know it is over.

old life for last 5 years:

go out and have fun, get shitfaced whenever, never have to do anything i haven't wanted to do (bar exams twice a year for a few weeks), played poker whenever i've wanted making $200/hr or so on average this year, wear whatever i want, play playstation or golf whenever i felt like it. watch tv whenever. lifes been great

new life:

wake up at 7.15am. get washed. have breakfast. go get train to go to stupid accountancy job. spend half my time having to learn boring [censored]. other half spent at the office photocopying or at clients having to lick their buttholes. do that 40 hours a week at least. then have exams every few months. got to wear suit. i get paid $20/hr. no freedom. this sucks. this [censored] sucks.

i am close to renting some place in some small town in spain or something and going to live their for the next 6 months. play online. swim every day in the pool. watch dvds. chill out. damn [censored] stupid pressue that i should get a [censored] well paid career counting pencils all day as an accountant.

my 5 year holiday is over. this sucks.

cliff notes: 5 years doing bugger all. now getting job. this sucks.

LiveNow 10-11-2007 02:19 PM

Re: beat: depressed. my life as i know it is over.

call in sick a lot?

crzylgs 10-11-2007 02:19 PM

Quit job LDO?

its_just_me 10-11-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quit job LDO?

[/ QUOTE ]
qft imo

nuclear500 10-11-2007 02:21 PM

sometimes being an adult sucks

kylephilly 10-11-2007 02:25 PM

IF you made 200/hr there is no reason to do this

sethypooh21 10-11-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IF you made 200/hr there is no reason to do this

[/ QUOTE ]

srs biz: this is not entirely true, DUCY? /srs biz

FishNChips 10-11-2007 02:38 PM

what caused the change? where did the $200/hour go to?

welcome to what most of us call life.

what is preventing u from moving to a small town in spain? ur post indicates that u r totally unattached & young. get up and go?

whatever, good luck,
FishNchips

morphball 10-11-2007 03:08 PM

Must be added to the John Kane anthology...

LiveNow 10-11-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
being an adult sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

john kane 10-11-2007 03:50 PM

i am starting this job on monday but i know what it entails, my brother did it for 3 years and hated it. anyone i know who is doing it hates it. but for 3 years of doing a terrible job you spend the rest of your life earning $100k+. but then part of me thinks [censored] this [censored], i don't want to spend my life as an adult, wasting my 20s away. i have no plans to ever have kids or get married (-ev), in fact suicide in early 30s is very likely (if i dont die by then due to health), so till then i might as well enjoy myself rather than do stupid job.

problem is i want to be rich. doing this job if i work hard = rich down the road. but i don't want to take the road of boredom.

i think after my first week ill likely ask if i can defer for a year, but my feeling is that my ill slowly tolerate it, a good day in the life of john kane will then be one where i didnt have to do 2 hours of overtime.

also i feel wtf was the point in me grinding some money (about $170k now got saved up) if still means im living at home, im still end out doing same [censored] job.

[censored] it, im going to go send email to a friend who hopefully is coming over to london in december and getting a job and ill go live with him - he is hopefully getting rent free some balla pad on oxford street in london - that would be a lot better.

ty for replies and gl

RunyonAve 10-11-2007 03:51 PM

stop whining over losing 2.5 buyins

RunyonAve 10-11-2007 03:52 PM

just kidding

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] jk

wdogg40 10-11-2007 04:09 PM

boo [censored] hoo.

Why is is that nobody wants to work anymore and they just want to get rich because they think they deserve it. There's about 100 million people who would love to have your depressed worthless life.

Whiny bitch!

Teh1337zor 10-11-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stop whining over losing 2.5 buyins

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao

Dominic 10-11-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
boo [censored] hoo.

Why is is that nobody wants to work anymore and they just want to get rich because they think they deserve it. There's about 100 million people who would love to have your depressed worthless life.

Whiny bitch!

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me of my Dad always saying to me, "you're problem is you don't want to work!"

well...duh.

Georgia Avenue 10-11-2007 04:39 PM

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...8295781250.jpg

Dr. Spaceman 10-11-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...8295781250.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

You can tell the tiger doesn't really like him because his groin is sticking out far away from the dude.

Teh1337zor 10-11-2007 05:03 PM

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress....whutzzatqu.jpg

HeroInBlack 10-11-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was expecting the caption to be something like "WTF IS YOUR PENIS DOING ON MY BACK?"

z28dreams 10-11-2007 05:17 PM

Why not work for a while and keep playing poker part time until you save up enough bank to just quit?

If you're seriously making 200/hr though consistently, I see no reason to take the accounting job.

Maybe find a way to work only part time or on a contract basis?

DBG 10-11-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was expecting the caption to be something like "WTF IS YOUR PENIS DOING ON MY BACK?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Captain Tom as a kitty cat.

T-God 10-11-2007 05:26 PM

Yeah but you still get to be John [censored] Kane.

Ponies 10-11-2007 05:28 PM

wtf are u complaining about u retard u got 170k in the bank and can make 200 / hr playing poker. who cares about money if u can make it easy.

Hoi Polloi 10-11-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
problem is i want to be rich

[/ QUOTE ]

$$$ is not always rich. hanging around a small town in spain sounds way richer to me.

prodonkey 10-11-2007 05:40 PM

for wanting to be an accountant.. u not very good at teh maths.. $200/hr for 20 hours a week is 200k a year.. so why on earth would you work a $20/hr job for 3 years so you can make 100k a year? Not to mention the wage loss from working for $20 an hour job.

Peoples make no sense.

eMbAh 10-11-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
problem is i want to be rich

[/ QUOTE ]

$$$ is not always rich. hanging around a small town in spain sounds way richer to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

john kane 10-11-2007 05:55 PM

problem is if i stick with job then in say 10 years i should be on about $300k/year which = a lot of very attractive hookers

if i go down poker route and it fails = $0/hr ---> giving bjs for cash.

Actual God 10-11-2007 06:00 PM

the games are drying up rapidly imo

demon102 10-11-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
boo [censored] hoo.

Whiny bitch!

[/ QUOTE ]

the average person in america lives about 28,000 days, do u really want to spend 1/3 of that time doing something u hate? Imo running towards death would be a better way to spend my time.

demon102 10-11-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
problem is if i stick with job then in say 10 years i should be on about $300k/year which = a lot of very attractive hookers

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt u rather do something u enjoy and make $50k a yr then doing something that sounds so BORRRING just to make a bunch of money? Sounds like ur time isnt the valuable to u man, serously quite the job if u hate it. You only live this life once man.

FishNChips 10-11-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am starting this job on monday but i know what it entails, my brother did it for 3 years and hated it. anyone i know who is doing it hates it.

[/ QUOTE ]
you applied for it why?

[ QUOTE ]
but for 3 years of doing a terrible job you spend the rest of your life earning $100k+.

[/ QUOTE ]
$100k is nice after 3 yrs. Its also tiny compared to what you can earn if you're really making $200/hr playing poker. Help me understand y poker isn't an option?
[ QUOTE ]
but then part of me thinks [censored] this [censored], i don't want to spend my life as an adult, wasting my 20s away. i have no plans to ever have kids or get married (-ev), in fact suicide in early 30s is very likely (if i dont die by then due to health), so till then i might as well enjoy myself rather than do stupid job.

[/ QUOTE ] this all makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]
problem is i want to be rich. doing this job if i work hard = rich down the road. but i don't want to take the road of boredom.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to figure out how long you plan to live. being rich doesn't matter if you're going to die/kys at 35. have to spend too much time/effort to get rich and then u don't have time to spend it. Just move to spain.

[ QUOTE ]
i think after my first week ill likely ask if i can defer for a year, but my feeling is that my ill slowly tolerate it, a good day in the life of john kane will then be one where i didnt have to do 2 hours of overtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe get a cat?

[ QUOTE ]
also i feel wtf was the point in me grinding some money (about $170k now got saved up) if still means im living at home, im still end out doing same [censored] job.

[/ QUOTE ] i feel like wtf too. u have $170k saved and still live at home... do mommy&daddy really totally control ur life?

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] it, im going to go send email to a friend who hopefully is coming over to london in december and getting a job and ill go live with him - he is hopefully getting rent free some balla pad on oxford street in london - that would be a lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf? $170k saved and you are looking to bum a place to live off a friend? wtf? get ur own pad, play at a slightly lower level until you build back up, work 1/2 the year, travel half the year.

~FishNChips

Droogie 10-11-2007 06:27 PM

Wtf just work during the day, get shitfaced in the evening and weekends.

Wee... works fine for me.

Kirkland 10-11-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am starting this job on monday ....

[/ QUOTE ]

All this bitching and you haven't even started yet?! At least give yourself a chance to like it.

AntonHeat 10-11-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the job?

sc000t 10-11-2007 09:28 PM

When I'm 80, I'd rather have memories of a lifetime well spent than a mountian of cash from a lifetime of hard work.

Gregg777 10-11-2007 09:40 PM

You can forget the idea of six months in Spain unless you know something the rest of us don't.

That is where I was headed until I ran into the Schengen Agreement.

Moved to a tropical paradise instead [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Himself 10-12-2007 02:31 AM

Open your own business after a few years of that crap.