Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Highstakes game on ladbrokes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520554)

Nezzar 10-11-2007 06:53 AM

Highstakes game on ladbrokes

First, mods feel free to remove this. I am posting this in NVG as well.

Ladbrokes is launching a highstakes cashgame event called "Reunion of the legends". The format will be 6-max 100-200 NL with a min-buyin of 20K. There will be two heats. The winners will be the ones with the biggest stack after 5 hours of play and will play HU in a sng format with 48K added cash value + a cruiseticket worth 9K + LEOCOP buyin worth 2.6K.

As some of the ladbrokes "legends" have declined the invitaion due to different reasons there are some seats open. This event will take place 17-19 okt.

PM me or contact ladbrokes if you are interested.

zizazu 10-11-2007 08:00 AM

Re: Highstakes game on ladbrokes

can you say the names that have accepted please ?

BobboFitos 10-11-2007 08:02 AM

is there anyway to play on ladbrokes as an american? having an extra overlay of 60k makes this so profitable

DefiNe 10-11-2007 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is there anyway to play on ladbrokes as an american? having an extra overlay of 60k makes this so profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

afaik no

Nezzar 10-11-2007 08:23 AM

Erik Sagström "TheSalmon", Lagerborg, Pokegirl1 are definite. The maybes are Bengt Sonnert aka "pkrbt" and "TiltMeNot", Johnny Lodden aka bad_ip, William thorsson.

Ram Waswani has been asked. Efforts to get Patrick Antonius on has been made tho he has not responded. Also they will to ask the WSOPE winner "annette 15". I solely have contact with the nordic division so i dont now which other players they are working on except for Ram.

And yeah, im playing as well.

Edit: this is online.

Terkman 10-11-2007 10:55 AM

The format will be 6-max 100-200 NL with a min-buyin of 20K.

he winners will be the ones with the biggest stack after 5 hours of play.

Must be a max buyin or it will simply about who is richest...

Ansky 10-11-2007 11:13 AM

Can Canadian users play?

(or an American living in canada :-o)

Keepitsimple 10-11-2007 11:23 AM

very cool format, should be lots of action

Nezzar 10-11-2007 11:27 AM

max and min is 20K buyin. unlimited rebuys

Ansky 10-11-2007 12:05 PM

So biggest stack will win, even if they aren't necessarily up the most?

PartyGirlUK 10-11-2007 12:08 PM

I am interested.

RoundTower 10-11-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
check PM

Nezzar 10-11-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is correct.

Nezzar 10-11-2007 01:52 PM

send me contact info and ill provide ladbrokes with it.

Nezzar 10-11-2007 02:21 PM

update on players.

These aliases are "sure" atm: TheSalmon, Nebuchad, Lagerborg, Pokergirl1, Theah (andreas hoivold winner of EPT dortmund) and two players from england, Blagga and B6OKY1.

P antonius couldnt make it since he is shooting "poker after dark". Ziigmund has been contacted and efforts to get Lars Luzak is made. Also "terken89" and "durrrr" will be contacted tomorrow. there are also a couple of other players (less known) that have already been contacted and they will decide in the following days.

If there is someone out there who wants in you are welcome to PM me. Remember its 60K in added value!

0evg0 10-11-2007 05:04 PM

Re: update on players.

[ QUOTE ]
Remember its 60K in added value!

[/ QUOTE ]

And they're trying to get Annette to play.

So, like, more than 60k.

Terkman 10-11-2007 06:10 PM

what is LEOCOP?

Makemegood 10-11-2007 06:22 PM

Ladbrokes European Online Championship of Poker

There will be a $750,000 Guaranteed Main Event with a $2,500 buy-in to be held over 2 days – a first for Ladbrokes Poker - as well as exclusive trophies for LEOCOP final winners.

DeathDonkey 10-11-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something or won't this be 5 hours of 20k per player coinflips and whoever is up the most wins?

-DeathDonkey

john kane 10-11-2007 08:32 PM

i am accepting backers for this event.

Makemegood 10-11-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something or won't this be 5 hours of 20k per player coinflips and whoever is up the most wins?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think flipping 20k for 5hours for a chance to get into a 50k HU freeroll will be to profitable.

0evg0 10-12-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think flipping 20k for 5hours for a chance to get into a 50k HU freeroll will be to profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Methinks DD was using some hyperbole.

With this structure in place, ignoring it and playing no differently than you would without the potential prize would be hurting your chances for sure. The structure forces you to adjust similar to the way ICM does in an SNG.

emil3000 10-12-2007 03:09 AM

I think it's a super interesting format which should make for interesting ( and probly hilariously wrong) adjustments...

Stranger123 10-12-2007 04:46 AM

Nezzar are there still any high stakes games running on Ladbrokes? Thought the action was quite dead last couple of months. Even seen you playing 1000NL on Stars....

Terkman 10-12-2007 01:37 PM

ladbrokes is pretty dead yes.

Nezzar 10-12-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nezzar are there still any high stakes games running on Ladbrokes? Thought the action was quite dead last couple of months. Even seen you playing 1000NL on Stars....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a friend using that account mostly. The highstakes action on ladbrokes is pretty dead but yesterday we had a full 6-max game on 25-50, usally u can get some action there. once in a while there is 50-100 action. A 200-400 HU game have been a couple of times this year. at least 5 times that i know of.

Nezzar 10-12-2007 09:15 PM

update II

There are 9 out of 12 seats filled now. Tore Lagerborg has been switched against the player known as "pokerkong1" and "kris85" (Kris Kjöndal). TheSalmon or Erik123 is still on as well as Pokergirl1, Nebuchad, Terken89, B60KY1, Theah and as i know Ziigmund has accepted. The last one i dont remember.

Also Mohammade Kwassari known as "Fastfreddie", "Terror of sweden" and "The Terrorist" (not sure about the spelling) will be asked if none of the already accepted players dont have any problem with it.

Nezzar 10-12-2007 10:25 PM

Just wanted to add something

This has also been posted in nvg.

I think its a really cool initiative by Ladbrokes. One term is that if a player leaves after less than 2h30mins of play all eventual winnings will be forfeited. This and the fact that the biggest stack wins will hopefully create some really interesting deep stack poker, which will probably one of the few times, (if not the first time in online history), that this kind action can be viewed.

Has there ever been a 100-200 game that is full? if so, have each and everyone had a stack that is more than 20K? if so, after a few hours of play the stacks will be so deep that this event will surely be unique, no?

Also ladbrokes is working on launching more interesting highstakes events in the near future.

Nezzar 10-12-2007 10:37 PM

Two hands in response to if....

The action on ladbrokes is dead?

** Game ID 848001575 starting - 2007-10-12 00:20:53
** NoName [Hold 'em] (25.00|50.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Nebuchad sitting in seat 4 with $8409.00
- uk sitting in seat 6 with $11514.00 [Dealer]

uk posted the small blind - $25.00
Nebuchad posted the big blind - $50.00

** Dealing card to Nebuchad: 8 of Diamonds, Ace of Hearts
uk raised - $175.00
Nebuchad called - $175.00

** Dealing the flop: 8 of Spades, 8 of Clubs, 2 of Clubs
Nebuchad checked
uk bet - $350.00
Nebuchad raised - $1111.00
uk called - $1111.00

** Dealing the turn: 2 of Hearts
Nebuchad bet - $1555.00
uk raised - $3110.00
Nebuchad raised - $4665.00
uk raised - $6220.00
Nebuchad went all-in - $2508.00
uk called - $7173.00

** Dealing the river: 6 of Spades
Nebuchad shows: 8 of Diamonds, Ace of Hearts
uk mucks:
Nebuchad wins $16917.00 from the main pot

End of game 848001575

The action is not dead and the games can be really good sometimes.

** Game ID 848025507 starting - 2007-10-12 00:52:20
** NoName [Hold 'em] (25.00|50.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Nebuchad sitting in seat 4 with $25422.50 [Dealer]
- uk sitting in seat 6 with $4472.50

Nebuchad posted the small blind - $25.00
uk posted the big blind - $50.00

** Dealing card to Nebuchad: 10 of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds
Nebuchad raised - $175.00
uk called - $175.00

** Dealing the flop: 8 of Hearts, 8 of Clubs, 5 of Diamonds
uk checked
Nebuchad bet - $250.00
uk raised - $1100.00
Nebuchad went all-in - $25022.50
uk went all-in - $3247.50

** Dealing the turn: 6 of Diamonds

** Dealing the river: 6 of Hearts
uk shows: Jack of Diamonds, 7 of Diamonds
Nebuchad shows: 10 of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds
Nebuchad wins $9044.00 from the main pot

End of game 848025507

I changed the alias to uk to save eventual embarrasment.

DonButtons 10-12-2007 10:42 PM

Re: Just wanted to add something

where have you been for the past like 6 months?

Nezzar 10-12-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent been away for 6 months... more like 3 months. During the summer (jun, juli, august) I take my yearly vacation. This period is the truly wonderful in sweden, the best time of the year. The girls are popping up like mushrooms in spring time (or more like flowers maybe?) and in summer time they are in full blossom. They suddenly become sooooooo much more hot! U see them in light clothes walking in the streets laughing, giggeling.... mesmerising you with their grace and beuty. Now how the hell am i to focus on poker when all that is happening right outside my window????????!

Its as close to heaven as u can come on earth... or maybe its better?

edit: ok maybe ive been away for 4 months. in May all the 18 year olds graduate from highschool (is it?). each class has graduation party. one party per day for a month. thats 30 different class partys with 20 different girls. The girls arent drunk... They are wasted! Do the math... u cannot simply fail to get laid during that month. I believe the term is fishing with dynamite.

metamath 10-12-2007 11:18 PM

^

I am so jealous.

DonButtons 10-12-2007 11:37 PM

Yea, I went to a couple of those parties back in may when I visited stockholm for like a week. They ride around the city in the back of those trucks all day just getting drunk with a dj spinning. Girls are def. unreal in sweden. Whole different level imo.

I guess I picked the wrong time of the year to stay for a long period in sweden, been in stockholm past like 2 months I think. Staying out till the end of the november. But its getting pretty cold for what Im used to in miami. If your around stockholm Im down to meet up for a drink or something.

You def. gave a nice vivid description, sounds like you had a sick summer. Nice to be able to take 3-4 months off.

BobboFitos 10-13-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent been away for 6 months... more like 3 months. During the summer (jun, juli, august) I take my yearly vacation. This period is the truly wonderful in sweden, the best time of the year. The girls are popping up like mushrooms in spring time (or more like flowers maybe?) and in summer time they are in full blossom. They suddenly become sooooooo much more hot! U see them in light clothes walking in the streets laughing, giggeling.... mesmerising you with their grace and beuty. Now how the hell am i to focus on poker when all that is happening right outside my window????????!

Its as close to heaven as u can come on earth... or maybe its better?

edit: ok maybe ive been away for 4 months. in May all the 18 year olds graduate from highschool (is it?). each class has graduation party. one party per day for a month. thats 30 different class partys with 20 different girls. The girls arent drunk... They are wasted! Do the math... u cannot simply fail to get laid during that month. I believe the term is fishing with dynamite.

[/ QUOTE ]

man, this post is so awesome

Up-grey-de 10-13-2007 07:32 AM

Sweden is awesome in the summer like he says, but believe me, the winter here SUCKS. In december it´s light for about 6-7 hours a day, so for us poker players waking up at 12-1 we have like 3 hours of light since it gets dark around 3-4 pm.

Terkman 10-13-2007 08:00 AM

and in my city in norway we don't have sun for 2 months in the winter...

Nezzar 10-13-2007 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and in my city in norway we don't have sun for 2 months in the winter...

[/ QUOTE ]

This had me loling hard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] sry m8.

Nezzar 10-13-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I went to a couple of those parties back in may when I visited stockholm for like a week. They ride around the city in the back of those trucks all day just getting drunk with a dj spinning. Girls are def. unreal in sweden. Whole different level imo.

I guess I picked the wrong time of the year to stay for a long period in sweden, been in stockholm past like 2 months I think. Staying out till the end of the november. But its getting pretty cold for what Im used to in miami. If your around stockholm Im down to meet up for a drink or something.

You def. gave a nice vivid description, sounds like you had a sick summer. Nice to be able to take 3-4 months off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in uppsala like 60km north of stockholm. i have a pre-party (or what u call it when u get toghether and drink b4 u hit the club) next saturday. pm me and ill give u my cell.

BobboFitos 10-13-2007 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a pre-party (or what u call it when u get toghether and drink b4 u hit the club)

[/ QUOTE ]
pre bar baby

Nezzar 10-13-2007 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have a pre-party (or what u call it when u get toghether and drink b4 u hit the club)

[/ QUOTE ]
pre bar baby

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, tx!