Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The best o8 nl hi/lo player on full tilt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520508)

rakeback_27 10-11-2007 04:17 AM

The best o8 nl hi/lo player on full tilt

I want to hear the opinions of other players, because some people seem to think they are, but I am just not too sure about that.

davebreal 10-11-2007 04:46 AM

Re: The best o8 nl hi/lo player on full tilt

Idiot29

donger 10-11-2007 05:05 AM

Dave, do you have a bro named mikebreale on AP?

prodonkey 10-11-2007 05:21 AM

toss up between alans nutz and ice_ny

rakeback_27 10-11-2007 05:31 AM

lol, idiot29 is my friend and even i will say he's not the best....by the way my account was deleted due to the fact that there was a suspicion of 2 accounts? even tho my brother played on the other one....anyways...i've been playin on shortstop2727 of late, and have been killing

rakeback_27 10-11-2007 05:32 AM

also alans nutz and ice_ny arent anywhere close to the best nl hi/lo players on full tilt

prodonkey 10-11-2007 06:48 AM

Well if you do have 2 accounts, then weren't they correct?

I'm pretty sure dave was being sarcastic since he knew u were idiot's friend also. lol

As I was being sarcastic too.

rakeback_27 10-11-2007 07:00 AM

no, the other account that they said was mine was my brothers....he is no longer playing online so im stuck playing on his account because fulltilt doesnt know what they r talkin about and i cant create another account...and who r u prodonkey?

davebreal 10-11-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, idiot29 is my friend and even i will say he's not the best....by the way my account was deleted due to the fact that there was a suspicion of 2 accounts? even tho my brother played on the other one....anyways...i've been playin on shortstop2727 of late, and have been killing

[/ QUOTE ]

shortstop? more like left out!

MegaDisgruntled 10-11-2007 02:25 PM

I think this question can be answered in many correct ways. NL08 is a very tough game as the variance can be very high.

If you want to figure out who has made the most money at NL08 lately then it is definitely Predator, the new master of the all in.

You can also factor in who remains consistent while 12 tabling, and no it's not donkey dave, it would be dorsal fin aka the chirio.

I think the best answer here is who has remained consistent over the last 1+ years. And that would be the names we all recognize everyday, dorsal, davebreal, davemagnum, whothedonk, mustafa, predator, bobbygoren, shortstop, idiot29, game over 73, and countless others I have missed and apologize for not naming.

This post is pretty much pointless, we need to be focused on how to keep our games juicy, not trying to figure out who is the best.

Mega

ThE_rEaL_gUnIt 10-11-2007 02:30 PM

side note i just started ratholing it again last night and this morning in 200 hands im +2.2k........RATHOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL weeeeeeeeee

davebreal 10-11-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to figure out who has made the most money at NL08 lately then it is definitely Predator, the new master of the all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you know this for a fact? i was under the impression that Idiot29 was having a pretty big year, despite being a despicable villian.

MegaDisgruntled 10-11-2007 06:21 PM

Dave,

I said lately, not this year. It's only been the last month or so that Predator has been playing Idiot-style and his September was staggering.

I can only say that somebody playing part time poker up what he is for the year is not too shabby.

Mega

MegaDisgruntled 10-11-2007 06:22 PM

I don't watch the 25/50 with the big guys either. Players like Sirens, and some of the pros could be crushing it.

Mega

TheStation 10-12-2007 12:49 AM

Over the last couple months I would have to say it would be troyomac, MTB32, predator06, sleaterx, dorsal fin, game over 73, decisions, ritzclub_1, bobbygoren, and the forums favorite idiot29

As far as a logging playing most number of hands on Full Tilt, dave and dorsal fin would be top two i think, I rarely play when they arent on some tables

prodonkey 10-12-2007 02:01 AM

I've always thought idiot was pretty terrible and tilts very easily.

rakeback_27 10-12-2007 03:25 AM

dave what exactly is that suppose to mean?...left out?

davebreal 10-12-2007 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dave what exactly is that suppose to mean?...left out?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a bad baseball joke.

MegaDisgruntled 10-12-2007 10:33 AM

Nice post Station. I love how you toot your own horn.

Mega

Mendacious 10-12-2007 11:28 AM

I have been playing the $400 and $1K buyin in games now for about a month and a half.
By way of background, I am an overall 3-4 BB/100 player at these mid-high stakes level for PL08 but play part-time (less than 10k hands a month) and keep a relatively small bank roll, (Between 10k and 20K). While I recognize the names of most of these players, some of whom are superb full buy-in PL08 players whom I fear in PL08, I think NL is so much more of a limited game (by limited, I guess I mean allows for a player to limit the arsenal of his opponents) as to really eliminate most advantages between “good” and ‘great” players. By that, I mean any “good” player who knows the math by employing either a short stake pre-flop all-in strategy, or buying in medium and employing an all-in on the flop strategy can negate the advantage of the “great” players. That said, I think both of these types of players enjoy an even larger advantage over the average to poor players…and generally less aggressive players. I’m doing very well in this game, and I don’t claim to be a “great” player, and that is mostly because the structure of this game and my chosen buy-in has negated the advantage of the players that I tend to fear.

Mendacious 10-12-2007 11:35 AM

To put it differently in PL08 a good Semi-LAG &gt; a good TAG, but in NL08 under present table conditions, I think a good TAG might be <u>&gt;</u> a good Semi-Lag provided the good TAG tailors his buy-in correctly.

kingmack 10-12-2007 01:12 PM

I agree Mendacious. In NL a fish can negate their lack of skill by pushing. The fish usually have the toughest time figuring out where they stand post flop and by playing a TAG style they can just push the premium hands and gamble.

predator06 10-12-2007 02:26 PM

I don't know the relationship with worm/scoop, but right now there is NO doubt that whothedonk is the best PLO8 player on FTP. For all I know it could be one of them. Over the thousands of hands I have on him, he's never sat at the same table with any known teamworm players. He has been demolishing anyone who dares to sit with him S/H at pl600+. Fortax taking a distant second...one of the quietest winners that plays PLO8 online.

As far as NLO8, my toughest competition recently is cpfactor, magicman, 4567suited, and MTB.

Last month, I won $7700 of MTB, but I think he has changed his style recently, because he is now winning.

I will not sit with CP anymore...I just cant beat him.

Mendacious 10-12-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree Mendacious. In NL a fish can negate their lack of skill by pushing. The fish usually have the toughest time figuring out where they stand post flop and by playing a TAG style they can just push the premium hands and gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that isn't what I meant. What I was trying to say is that the difference between a good TAG and a good LAG is the ability to handle situations like problems of deep stacks and ambiguous situations where it is unclear whether you want to build a pot or not, and where the odds may change dramatically from flop to turn and recognition of what to do in these situations where there is decent money in the pot, but still decent money in their stacks as well. NL simplifies this because it requires much less feel to understand your odds on the flop with two cards to come against a range of hands than it does when a brick comes on the turn and you are up against a LAG opponent who could have a lot of holdings and has already bet the pot, called or raised on the flop.

One of the great difficulties in PL08 is that on the flop you usually have a good idea of where you stand, but with 2 cards to come there is great potential to still make or miss a hand.

A classic example is a hand which flops a low draw and the nut flush draw. (Probably the most popular type of hand to play for). If you can get all-in on this type of flop you always should. In PL however, many times your opponents will not let you get all-in and you can face a MUCH more complicated decision on the turn if you brick (especially if you are playing A3 not A2), or, a good opponent will fold if you hit your flush. There are numerous hands like this that are easy to play on the flop if you can get all in, and very tough to play on the turn when you brick and easy to get away from by good opponents when you hit. So to my way of thinking, NL takes a lot of the hard decisions that LAG’s exploit to justify their looser style out of the equation.

ThE_rEaL_gUnIt 10-15-2007 01:00 PM

plz no more of these posts of "whos the best" or "rank him".......just make your money and stop caring about things like this......end of thread

omaha hi lo king 10-15-2007 10:50 PM

OH PLEASE ONE MORE----i would like to add that by far hands down that guy DECISIONS is the best player---Predator is not a good player --that is not poker---he is a donkey as is idiot. i do not mind dave breal plus he seems like an intelligent guy.

donger 10-16-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OH PLEASE ONE MORE----i would like to add that by far hands down that guy DECISIONS is the best player---Predator is not a good player --that is not poker---he is a donkey as is idiot. i do not mind dave breal plus he seems like an intelligent guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The King hath spoken.

davebreal 10-16-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a beautiful man, don't ever change a thing.

selurah 10-16-2007 11:14 AM

Always cracks me up when a new poster starts a thread like this and then expects everyone to automatically say his screen name.

omaha hi lo king 10-16-2007 11:27 PM

i was at 5 10 and saw predator lose about 5 buy ins in 15 minutes. NOTE- they were 200 minimum.

tuttufin 10-17-2007 09:31 AM

My question is why all the regulars whose advantage is at plo8 arent getting those games started more at Full Tilt Poker?

In my opinion nlo8 is the most idiotic form of poker I've ever played.

ThE_rEaL_gUnIt 10-17-2007 10:43 AM

i agree tutt, i would come back to fulltilt if there was more traffic at the higher pl games (3-6, 5-10, some 10-20)...i recently played the 10-20 but i refuse to play the 5-10 nl anymore....its not even poker

Mendacious 10-17-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is why all the regulars whose advantage is at plo8 arent getting those games started more at Full Tilt Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

My suspicion is that for some reason NL08 attracts more fish. High stakes PL08 usually gets populated these days with players that all know how to play.

davebreal 10-17-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tuttufin -

In general it is not the good plo8 players who start up the nlo8 tables. Actually it was Idiot29 (poor plo8 record) who single-handedly popularized the $5/$10 NLO8 game. If there was enough O8 action around, I wouldn't be playing NLO8... I'm sure it's the same way for others. Then again, the games are pretty soft... so why not.

You play on FTP under "Tuttu"? Welcome.

tuttufin 10-17-2007 01:25 PM

Hello dave,

yes play with tuttu. Well maybe I give it a try.

Mendacious 10-17-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tuttufin -

In general it is not the good plo8 players who start up the nlo8 tables. Actually it was Idiot29 (poor plo8 record) who single-handedly popularized the $5/$10 NLO8 game. If there was enough O8 action around, I wouldn't be playing NLO8... I'm sure it's the same way for others. Then again, the games are pretty soft... so why not.

You play on FTP under "Tuttu"? Welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think PL08 is a much better more skillful game, but my BB/100 for NL08 since I started playing in August or so is double what it is for PL08-- though obviously the sample size is smaller.

predator06 10-17-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was at 5 10 and saw predator lose about 5 buy ins in 15 minutes. NOTE- they were 200 minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your facts right....

I lost $7700 last night. $4k at $50/100, $1k at $25/50, and $2500 at $5/10 and $10/20. See you tonight!

gergery 10-17-2007 07:28 PM

i think a lot of the nlo8 players are pretty bad and beatable and don't understand the game, so i don't mind. it is a bit less fun tho as you have fewer decisions to make.

FGators 10-18-2007 02:52 PM

Mike "Thee Mouth" Matusow Obv.

davebreal 10-18-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think a lot of the nlo8 players are pretty bad and beatable and don't understand the game, so i don't mind. it is a bit less fun tho as you have fewer decisions to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when was online poker fun???