Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Finding a job. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520405)

tomjervey 10-11-2007 12:48 AM

Finding a job.

I screwed up 4 years ago and stole some merchandise from my employer. I was convicted of a felony theft charge. Now I am looking for a half way decent job and getting shot down left and right. I did my probation and paid fines and restitution for more than the "lost" amount. Because of the felony, I can't seem to get on anywhere. I am college educated with a ton of experience, and always get called in for interviews and offered jobs. I am forthcoming about what happened because I don't want to waste my time or theirs. So, everything goes well; until they get to the background check. Then all of a sudden I can't be hired on.

Anyone know of a good company where I can earn a livable wage with the past transgression?

Wheelzie 10-11-2007 12:49 AM

Re: Finding a job.

http://www.splashmovies.de/images/dv...over_klein.jpg
mwahahhahahahah

keikiwai 10-11-2007 12:49 AM

Securities and Exchange Commission

tomjervey 10-11-2007 12:51 AM

I was actually looking for serious responses. I'm not seeing the humor in possibly losing my home.

edfurlong 10-11-2007 12:52 AM

I heard the army is hiring.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not seeing the humor in possibly losing my home.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes one of us!

Labarde 10-11-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was actually looking for serious responses. I'm not seeing the humor in possibly losing my home.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. perfect place to post when looking for srs responses. good choice

its_just_me 10-11-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1...erkleinng0.jpg
mwahahhahahahah

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp

Conspire 10-11-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAAHA

Crappy gimmick imo

Wheelzie 10-11-2007 12:56 AM

srs answer for this guy tho

if he would start selling better pot i might consider buying

tomjervey 10-11-2007 01:00 AM

I get that you guys want to have your fun, but I am serious. I have a bs job that my hours were cut in half, so I'm barely making enough to pay my cc bills and car payment. I got a roommate just to help on the mortgage so I won't lose my home(or try not to). If I should post in a different area, please direct me to that area. Other than that, I'd like to know if anyone has any sound advice.

Conspire 10-11-2007 01:01 AM

How bout posting in a forum that isnt poker related?

The Man Mulcahey 10-11-2007 01:02 AM

lawyer? or you could go into a government institution; jail warden or bridge-toll taker. you could do that while playing poker. it's a win-win. except for the government, because you'll be keeping the toll money for yourself. which is an added win. it's a win-win-win-loss. final score: you:3, uncle sam:1.

tomjervey 10-11-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard the army is hiring.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That makes one of us!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually considering this, I have to go talk to a recruiter and see if they'll grant a waiver since I'm not supposed to handle firearms. I wanted to join the Air Force, but they won't take me because they think I have no integrity now due to the conviction.

tomjervey 10-11-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought this was the real life section. People usually talk about real problems in BBV4L

fordrugmoney 10-11-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get that you guys want to have your fun, but I am serious. I have a bs job that my hours were cut in half, so I'm barely making enough to pay my cc bills and car payment. I got a roommate just to help on the mortgage so I won't lose my home(or try not to). If I should post in a different area, please direct me to that area. Other than that, I'd like to know if anyone has any sound advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer:

Yes u should post in a different area. But, seriously, u need to accept that lying about ur past is standard and go with it. It's obv +EV.

tomjervey 10-11-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer:

Yes u should post in a different area. But, seriously, u need to accept that lying about ur past is standard and go with it. It's obv +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more than happy to do so, but it'll come up on a background check anyway. So if I lie on the application, then it comes up in background; it's a def way -EV move.

IRuleYouHard 10-11-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more than happy to do so, but it'll come up on a background check anyway. So if I lie on the application, then it comes up in background; it's a def way -EV move.

[/ QUOTE ]
As much as I hate OOT (F OOT) this should go there. As well as your mom.

Wheelzie 10-11-2007 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought this was the real life section. People usually talk about real problems in BBV4L

[/ QUOTE ]

http://home.houston.rr.com/casarez/cartman.jpg

ahhhhh hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahha haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa
hhhhahahaha
hahahhahahhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh hhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa

hahaha
haha

ha

haha

ha

ehh

haa

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahah ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahah
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tomjervey 10-11-2007 01:12 AM

What's OOT? I tried looking through most of the site to find the best place for this, and this seemed a good fit. Sorry for mis-placing it.. Getting back on track, anyone have any suggestions for me? I can go get these labor jobs that'll pay me $8 an hour, but that's a joke. I just need a decent paying job, not 6 figures or anything close. Just enough to get by on.

edfurlong 10-11-2007 01:13 AM

You could sell balloons at an amusement park.

tomjervey 10-11-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hhhhahahaha
hahahhahahhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh hhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa

hahaha
haha

ha

haha

ha

ehh

haa

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahah ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahah

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for being such a mature person about my situation. I guess this is the time you make a knock about my mother too?

tarheeljks 10-11-2007 01:14 AM

you'll probably find that this is the same in the army. the army may let you enlist, but you probably won't be able to advance very far.

Wheelzie 10-11-2007 01:15 AM

sell quality nuggz to us and you'll be straight

we can teach you the process of packaging ya know

tomjervey 10-11-2007 01:17 AM

I wouldn't care about advancing real far in the army, just making enough to pay bills. And please, no more illegal remedies. I don't want to further dig the hole I'm in by selling drugs or something.

edfurlong 10-11-2007 01:18 AM

You could breed bald eagles.

The Man Mulcahey 10-11-2007 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hhhhahahaha

hahaha
haha

ha

haha

ha

ehh

haa

[/ QUOTE ] you were really off character on that one. here's where you went wrong:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAAH

hHAHAAH

You stupid day walker jew!

ahahahh

HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

with out day walker and jew insults, you aren't actually being cartman.

prodonkey 10-11-2007 01:22 AM

I'm in same boat, which is much of the reason I play poker for a living. Nobody wants to hire someone with a criminal history for any kind of reasonable job, even if you have credentials and experience out the ass.

Wheelzie 10-11-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hhhhahahaha

hahaha
haha

ha

haha

ha

ehh

haa

[/ QUOTE ] you were really off character on that one. here's where you went wrong:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAAH

hHAHAAH

You stupid day walker jew!

ahahahh

HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

with out day walker and jew insults, you aren't actually being cartman.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree with you to an extent

but the midget motivational speaker response seemed more appropriate given the fact that i could not prove op as ajew

The Man Mulcahey 10-11-2007 01:27 AM

fair enough.

NextinLine 10-11-2007 01:48 AM

How f'ed is this? Tom just im'ed me saying he got banned because a mod says he was job hunting in OOT by posting this there. Lots of thanks go out to you guys huh..

The Man Mulcahey 10-11-2007 01:49 AM

i think he'll be fine.

IRuleYouHard 10-11-2007 01:50 AM

Is there a joke I don't get?

edfurlong 10-11-2007 01:51 AM

I knew tom was a pos like three weeks ago.

Labarde 10-11-2007 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your account has been banned or locked.
You are going to be unbanned in 1 day, 23 hours, 45 minutes and 2 seconds.
Ban reason: job hunting in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

IRuleYouHard 10-11-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your account has been banned or locked.
You are going to be unbanned in 1 day, 23 hours, 45 minutes and 2 seconds.
Ban reason: job hunting in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
NT!...wasnt he the one pictured on the oot party bus?

LiveNow 10-11-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL

NextinLine 10-11-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew tom was a pos like three weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

He just registered tonight. I went to school w/ him, he's a good guy down on his luck. You guys are pretty heartless.

Conspire 10-11-2007 01:57 AM

Quoted from NT!

"US congress has a lot of criminals in it, try them"

edfurlong 10-11-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are pretty heartless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a pretty mean thing to say.

NextinLine 10-11-2007 01:58 AM

I pm'ed NT asking him to unban Tom, no resposne.. and I know he's online.